AGM Manhattan Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Corporate Trainer"

I have been working at AGM Manhattan full-time

Pros

AGM Manhattan offers you the chance to fast track your career. The resources provided to you is countless. The amount of success you will gain is based simply off of how hard you want to work for it. The business has no seniority and your production will determine your career. The culture is one like no other. Everyone is in seek of success and is willing to put in the long hours to achieve it. Everyone is always vibrant and full of energy, willing to offer advice as long as you ask for it. As an incentive for your hard work, bonuses are given on a weekly basis

Cons

Long hours, short break. Success is dependent upon your work ethic.

Advice to Management

Good luck!!

"Don't Say I Didn't Warn You"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY

I worked at AGM Manhattan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Just one. If you love being outside, and interacting with (irritable) commuting NYers, this could be fun for you.

Cons

Where do I start?
    - Mediocre pay
    - At least 80% of the people working there seem to be under some spell, or they're just socially awkward. Seriously, the "office" environment in the morning meetings is just plain creepy.
    - They will get you to believe in their "vision" but its nothing but a 45+ hour work week with nothing but embarrassing memories of people ignoring/badmouthing you as you attempt to stop them in a train staition to basically ask for money (your paycheck).
    - 100% commission based with unrealistic goals
    - If you're still interested in working here after reading all that, best of luck to you. I left after the longest 4 days of my life

Advice to Management

Just walk away from this company. Walk away and act like it never happened.

3. "Entrepreneur Mindset!"

Current Employee - Account Executive/Management Training in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive/Management Training in New York, NY

I have been working at AGM Manhattan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're looking for a place that will teach you real life lessons in business, AGM is the place to go. They are extremely invested in providing you with an Entrepreneur mindset

Cons

You have to be ready to invest long hours. You can't just have an employee mindset where you go and do a job, you have to really take the time to learn everything they teach you and apply it

Advice to Management

Continue shaping the mindset of your employees and challenging them daily

4. "Energetic Company!"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY

I have been working at AGM Manhattan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone in the company is super nice and wants you to succeed. The environment is fun and very positive.

Cons

Its hard work so if your not prepared to work hard don't apply

"A Place to Learn and Grow"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at AGM Manhattan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone has a student mentality and set goals. The atmosphere is very inviting and supportive. If there is anything you need to make your job more effective, the tools are there. You just have to go and take them. There is a great network of people to help mentor you and hone your skills.

Cons

You have to be open minded, courageous in going out of your comfort zone, patient, hardworking and willing to put in the effort to achieve results.

"Pyramid Scheme and all that Jazz"

I worked at AGM Manhattan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the people were nice.

Cons

I literally worked a day and it was enough to see that this is basically a pyramid scheme cult. From the ridiculous atmosphere team building stuff to hanging out on the streets trying to compete for sales with your fellow employees. Many of the people are in their early 20s and I hope that they realize eventually that killing yourself for 'recognition' isn't 'working harder for success.' The guy in charge is a pretend rock star. It's just... nope. A whole bunch of nope. I wish I had seen it earlier but I was desparate for a job.

Advice to Management

Nope.

AGM Manhattan Response

Jul 31, 2017 – CEO

We appreciate your feedback, our client is excelling within its industry, they are recognized worldwide and we are honored to help them share their message with their customers. Using the most... More

"Read the fine print, or lack thereof"

Former Employee - Door to Door Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Door to Door Sales in New York, NY

I worked at AGM Manhattan (Less than a year)

Pros

The people who work here are very enthusiastic, as they have to be for this type of job. You can progress very quickly, or not, it is up to you which is a cool concept. Positive attitudes across the board. The management is there to help you along the way. This is why the company gets 2 stars.

Cons

You are a "door to door" salesman. You will work long hours asking people to sign up for different campaigns. You know those people who bug you in the subway stations, yeah you are one of them. Hey, that works great for some but not all so be warned. Work day is from 9-7 sometimes longer, plus you work Saturdays, so if you do not want a 6 day work week this may not be for you. Office is not the most professional, loud music. If you show up to your interview early, it does not matter, you won't be seen right away as there are going to be 10 plus other people waiting for an interview as well. Make sure you have people skills because if you do not, this job will be stressful, and boring.

Advice to Management

Be straight up on the application to this job. People need to know prior that they will be in the streets trying to make sales to the people of the city. This should be known prior to the initial interview.

"Great place to learn and progress quickly!"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer

I have been working at AGM Manhattan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was seeking a career with a company that would match my work ethic. AGM provided me with that opportunity. The accelerated management training program allows you to move up quickly, which is exactly what I was looking for.

Working at AGM Manhattan has taught me skills that are not only extremely useful in the workplace, but also pertain to everyday life. The work culture is unlike anything that I have been able to find elsewhere. The high energy and fun atmosphere makes me excited to come to work every morning.

You're taught all of the tools you need to succeed and if you have any weaknesses, there are plenty of people to network with to help you strengthen those weaknesses. I found that one of the best parts of the company is that everyone wants to see you move up the ladder. You're in complete control of how quickly you progress.

Cons

You're taught all of the tools you need to succeed, it's completely in your control to implement them to make sure you are successful. But if you have a good work ethic and student mentality, it's not difficult at all!

"DEVILCORP PYRAMID SCAM!!!"

Former Employee - STREET SELLER in New York, NY
    Former Employee - STREET SELLER in New York, NY

I worked at AGM Manhattan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

work in manhattan, , ,

Cons

70+ hours a week for less than min wage, just commission. everyone pretends to be a team but are fake to everyone. feel like a number. give you fake job titles like 'corporate trainer' and 'account executive' bothe mean STREET SELLER. tell you that you can own your own company in a year but only favorite people get to the top. pay for your own travel. give employees no benifits, no dental no 401k no health care- you get the idea.

look into DEVILCORP. just google the term and you will find articles, videos, websites, reviews about the company. all from former employees who want to warn other people not to get sucked in to this scheme watch the videos then get a job that you can be proud of.

also look at THE SWEAT SHOP OF WALL STREET. its an 18 min professional video made by former employees, again as a warning so that you don't get sucked in. it sums everything about this company up a lot better than any review and the whole thing is true.

Advice to Management

read the bad reviews and change, rather than get 100 new employees to write good reviews and hope that makes the bad ones disappear.

"SCAM! Bad company, Boss from hell!"

I worked at AGM Manhattan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot

Made decent money

Employees are nice

Had fun while worked

Cons

Manager puts people down openly and in front of people

Talks badly of all the other managers in the same building and is only out for himself

Definitely hitting on me while I worked there and made me feel uncomfortable because I heard he was dating a leader in his office that I had to work with every day

Doesn't care what you have to say unless it's to do with making him more money asks you for your opinion and then makes you feel out of line for speaking up

Makes you work ridiculous hours (70+ a week) for commission and sometimes doesn't pay you your base pay for no reason

Gets all the new employees to write a good review so they can't write a bad one when they leave and realize the truth

If you want to know more then just watch THE SWEAT SHOP OF WALL STREET on youtube or just google 'DEVILCORP' and read the articles, vids and everything else that comes up.

Sure that some of the offices in that building aren't as bad- other people were nice but it's people like this that make people make these videos. He shouldn't be in business.

Advice to Management

Do anything else