AGS Reviews | Glassdoor

AGS Reviews

Updated Mar 31, 2020

4.6

"Solid Follow-Through"

I have been working at AGS full-time

Pros

We would all like to work for a perfect company, AGS is not that (no company ever will be) but I believe AGS does what matters and it does it well. AGS provides great benefits to employees: extremely generous time off, insurance that has broad coverage at a great price, an open culture, service opportunities and lets your voice be heard – if you don’t like something speak up, you will be heard. The communication is open and timely, no, senior management cannot share everything immediately because AGS is a public company, but they share what they can, when they can and they explain that to all employees. They provide growth opportunities for hardworking employees and I have seen internal advancements time and time again.

Cons

As with all employers, AGS has areas for improvement. When management is presented with those challenges (employees express them to management or HR rather than gossiping or complaining to other employees) I have seen management take them seriously. They may not always be addressed to everyone's satisfaction but they are addressed, in my experience.

AGS2019-08-22
  2. "AGS is a pretty cool place to work"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Duluth, GA

I have been working at AGS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Family oriented, decent salary, challenging, doesn't overwork employees often

Cons

I don't have any cons at this time!

AGS2019-08-07
  3. "Amazing company! Best job of my career thus far."

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Duluth, GA

I have been working at AGS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing company with incredible benefits!

Cons

Wished I.T. was more accessible.

AGS2019-08-08
  4. "Good place to work if you like gaming"

Current Employee - Technology

I have been working at AGS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay, nice people, global presents.

Cons

None I can think of

AGS2019-08-17

"A positive happy environment"

Current Employee - Compliance in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at AGS full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have never experienced such a positive hiring experience. Every one here is very welcoming and friendly. Every one wants you to succeed and makes sure you have the tools and knowledge to do so. It is a professional yet laid back environment, where the work gets done with no drama. I am excited to be a part of this company! There is a lot of team building activities and social events. I will update my review after I have been here for some time.

Cons

None as yet. Open office lay-out can make it a tad noisy and hard to concentrate at times, but it is nothing that headphones won't fix.

AGS2019-07-31

"Terminated when I revealed that my wife was diagnosed with cancer"

Former Employee - Systems Software Engineer in Duluth, GA

I worked at AGS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Parking is decent Convenience store inside the building to buy chips and soda

Cons

Management is shady with their tactics, often having myself and others send emails from our own email address on their behalf to avoid looking like the bad guy for political reasons. Management also escorted myself out of the building after I revealed that my wife had cancer and that I would like to PTO a couple of days for her bone marrow biopsy. The director of my department said that news of my wife's cancer would bring down the morale of the team and then stated "Our relationship is one of employer and employee. Your wife's cancer is your problem, not the company's problem. You are a man, deal with it like a man." I was officially terminated without cause and had half my stock options taken away. There was no discussion, or recourse. HR mentioned that my boss was concerned that if I revealed my wife's cancer to the team, that it would bring the morale of the team down. I was told that I should be thankful that I was terminated without cause, because otherwise I would have lost all my stock options instead of just half.

AGS2019-08-25
  7. "A refreshing change of perspective"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at AGS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Co-workers are collaborative, encouraging and focused. Unified, not petty, work environment. Pride in accomplishment. Acknowledgment of contributions you bring to the task.

Cons

Have not seen any yet.

AGS2019-07-30
  8. "support for AGS"

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Duluth, GA

I worked at AGS full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good team experience. AGS spent a lot of time to make team building an enjoyable thing. The company was very family centric. Time was always made for a good work life balance. The parties were fun.

Cons

Employment growth opportunities are somewhat limited.

AGS2019-07-26
  9. "Upward trending company with great potential!"

Current Employee - Senior Logistics Analyst in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at AGS full-time for less than a year

Pros

In working at some other gaming manufacturers, AGS is a refreshing reminder of how it should be. Great people heading in the same direction with solid management leading the way is a recipe for success! Flexible schedule with great work life balance and benefits and knowing that I'm making an impact on the organization is why I chose to join this growing company.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind on this.

AGS2019-06-19
  10. "The BEST company I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Licensing Specialist in Duluth, GA

I have been working at AGS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Laid Back Work Environment, Casual Work Attire, Flexible Work Schedule, Family & Health First, Great Culture, and Plenty of Tea To Drink.

Cons

People do leave this company and for the life of me, I can't figure out why!

AGS2019-05-20