AHEAD Reviews

Updated May 5, 2021

4.2
AHEAD CEO Daniel Adamany
Daniel Adamany
Pros
  • "Compensation and work-life balance are above average(in 11 reviews)

• "The CEO and the rest of the executive team is very approachable(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Rapid growth in our staff, lots of new faces(in 5 reviews)

• "Linked heavily to one manufacturer(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Great experience - particularly with the LAUNCH program

Aug 28, 2020 - Associate Technical Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

I had the opportunity to join the LAUNCH associate program that hires associates in the technical field and accelerates their development in every way to become contributing members of the delivery team. As part of the program, I've had access to high quality training, experts in the field, engaged mentors and shadowing opportunities. The AHEAD team really wants to see the success of each associate in the program and invests in each associate individually. I have felt so welcomed and am so happy to be part of the team!

Cons

None that I can think of.

5 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee

AHEAD is a Fantastic Place to Work

May 5, 2021 - Field Sales Engineer in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I would and do recommend AHEAD to everyone I know. The company is growing, but still feels like a local VAR with the expertise (and clients) of a large national reseller. The people I work with on a daily basis never cease to amaze me with how much the care about their clients, how deep the engineers are technically, and how we have fun while we're getting work done. Team atmosphere: everyone is willing to help with projects and allow colleagues to shadow opportunities to learn and grow. Management (at all levels) is friendly and open. Always willing to jump on a call to discuss upcoming meetings, pull other engineers in, or chat on a personal level. Fast paced environment, there are always interesting projects to work on with customers of all types.

Cons

I've been here for almost a year and I don't have anything bad to say. The only potential negative is the workload, because there are so many great projects to work on with high profile clients. What I will caveat that with is there are always busy times and slow times in this industry and if you are feeling overwhelmed, management is fantastic at spreading out the load, so if you're overworked here, it's likely because you haven't communicated with management (or you are a workaholic).

3. 5.0

Great Great Great place to work

Apr 20, 2021 - GCP Architect/Engineer in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

the organization is growing. right now small enough that i can ping my boss for details and have my regular 1:1. great opportunities if you want to learn and grow in the cloud field. best of all, the team members are fun. if you are tech savvy and love to work with a team and have fun, this is the place.

Cons

too early to know of cons. there are always cons everywhere. my core requirements checked out well and i honestly cannot speak of a con.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best place I have ever worked

Apr 12, 2021 - Director in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

AHEAD is the type of place where you can work with passionate people who care about what they are doing. If you work hard and do good work, the opportunity for growth is endless.

Cons

There are high expectations on quality work - if you are afraid of putting in the time required to deliver a quality experience, its not the right place for you

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

If you love to grow!

Apr 21, 2021 - Client Director in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

AHEAD has continued to grow and offer new opportunities, expanding offerings and competency in new exciting areas. Offers room to learn and grow for those that want to expand.

Cons

As AHEAD grows it’s harder to know everyone and their skills. There are many new SMEs and COVID has made it hard to learn about everyone’s skills.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Constantly evolving to remain highly differentiated and relevant

Apr 25, 2021 - Sales in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Partnered with the best tech companies in the world, technical talent is unparalleled, focused on successful customer outcomes

Cons

Breadth of portfolio means that sales must be able to manage many campaigns, proposals and projects across multiple domains. Certainly not for everyone.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome team of people who genuinely care for your success.

Mar 25, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are beyond fantastic, unlimited PTO.. Besides the point though. The leadership up from the top all the way down can only be described best as communicative, receptive, and textbook definition of supportive. From starting the position from a remote setting, and still am, voice being heard is never an issue. Management and all colleagues will go over the top to help you in doing your best and feeling at your best. Sky is the limit with the organization in terms of personal/career growth. If you're looking to push boundaries, make noise, I would highly recommend working here as you have the tools, resources, and brightest in the industry at your disposal to be successful here.

Cons

No negative insight to share.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

What makes AHEAD, Inc such a great company

Apr 21, 2021 - Senior Client Director in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture. Extremely talented. Client success and happiness is a must

Cons

No challenges other than continuing the high growth when you are already a $2.2B company. Lots of opportunities for key engineering roles as a result of growth can be hard to fill for the level of expertise and talent we look for.

9. 5.0

Love my job and company

Apr 21, 2021 - Client Operations Specialist in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is so helpful with an questions. It's truly a team atmosphere. My manager is amazing and lucky to be working under her.

Cons

It is so large that I don't seem to know who to go to for what. On the other hand, everyone is helpful in getting you to the right place.

10. 5.0

Good Place to Work so Far

Apr 9, 2021 - Senior Technical Consultant in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Been consulting for a while, all consulting companies have their pros and cons. The pros in the delivery org at AHEAD are good clients, fun projects, and support across a variety of functional areas (project management, sales support, presales) that most consulting companies don't provide due to cost.

Cons

Same as lots of consulting companies - you will get silo'd on projects and you need to put a lot of effort into networking.

1 person found this review helpful