AHEAD Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
AHEAD President & CEO Daniel Adamany
Daniel Adamany

Pros
  • Great work life balance for people who require it (in 8 reviews)

• The company culture and team dynamic is super supportive, and the work is challenging but not overburdening (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Linked heavily to one manufacturer (in 4 reviews)

• While I enjoy the open floor plan, the Chicago office can be loud - especially near the sales team (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Grateful to be a part of this company"

Current Employee - Senior Data Center Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Data Center Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AHEAD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Having worked for two other companies in the same space as Ahead, I came onboard with high expectations. Everything about AHEAD lives up to its namesake and the effort and thought that the founders and senior management put into every aspect of this organization trickle down and are reflected in the work ethic and demeanor of each person I have encountered in my short time since coming onboard. I've always believed that the work people do says everything you will ever need to know about the people themselves and the support system they have in their employers.

Everyone here seems to love what they do and has fun doing it. which has been a refreshing switch from my previous decade of experience. I couldn't be happier with my decision to join this team and I am excited to be a part of what comes next.

Cons

The Chicago office is moving farther from the train stations but change is good and walking a little extra is generally good for everybody, right?

Advice to Management

It's obvious to me that you already know this but focus on preserving what made Ahead a great company for its customers and its employees as you achieve your growth targets and you will remain AHEAD of the pack.

"A Rare Opportunity and Experience"

I have been working at AHEAD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

AHEAD is by far the best company I've had the privilege to work for. The company culture and team dynamic is super supportive, and the work is challenging but not overburdening. From my very first week here I felt encouraged to share new ideas and then saw them immediately acted upon, something every company I've worked for has talked about but never really fulfilled, even over a period of years.

The benefits are outstanding (uncommonly affordable BCBS health insurance, "unlimited" PTO [you're trusted to manage this responsibly], commuter perks, matched retirement, etc.), including the amazing Chicago headquarters.

AHEAD has made a name for itself in a fairly crowded industry (IT services and consulting) with some pretty powerful competition, but, from my experience, they've been successful at this because they prioritize seeking the best people and going out of their way to make employees feel supported and valued in a truly substantive way.

Cons

Sometimes the work is tedious, sometimes the workload fluctuates between heavy and light. These are things that are more or less par for the course with office work, and it's no different at AHEAD.

Advice to Management

Since I've been here, the company is pursing growth pretty aggressively. I imagine that at a certain point it will be difficult to maintain the same kind of culture there has been in the past, but ensuring the company does so will be critical to maintaining the advantage that AHEAD has in the marketplace.

"Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at AHEAD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed corporate culture with a lot of young employees working very hard to get the work done. Welcoming environment that fosters collaboration and team work. Sweet new office digs are a plus!

Cons

No drip coffee, just espresso...

"company with a very bright future"

I have been working at AHEAD full-time

Pros

Fun to be part of a company who is truly investing in the future and resources to get there. Adapting to industry change and developing new solutions to align. Fast-paced environment and everyone works towards the same goals of taking care of the customer and growing the business.

Cons

Not located at corporate headquarters, so don't always get to experience some of the highly-touted corporate culture. But you can still feel it in outside markets.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at AHEAD full-time

Pros

AHEAD only hires the best of the best. Hard working and intelligent employees across the board.

Cons

There are no cons that I am aware of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

"Not the same as years past"

I worked at AHEAD full-time

Pros

Excellent co-workers, focus on hybrid cloud and enterprise systems management

Cons

New ownership, change in culture from family feel to short term bottom line.

"Leader in talent and skill in the IT space"

Pros

Everyone at AHEAD is very smart, kind, and willing to lend a hand to anyone who needs one. Their hiring and on boarding process has been phenomenal. They really care about getting new hires ramped up.

I have been at the company for short period of time, but can tell why the company does so well. It's the people that drive this company forward.

Cons

None as of yet. AHEAD has done a great job of addressing any previous problems in the past. They seem to adapt and change very well.

Advice to Management

None as of yet.

"AHEAD is an amazing place to grow both professionally and as an individual."

I have been working at AHEAD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Pros are - Sense of community, culture, work-life balance, unlimited paid time off, the people. It is refreshing to be at a company where the people are enthusiastic and happy to be there.

Cons

None to report thus far just writing enough words to meet the completion criteria of 20 words minimum. Thank you!

Advice to Management

None as of yet! Keep up the great work!

"Incredible Talent!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at AHEAD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

AHEAD's engineer and services teams are second to none. We can exceed the services engagements of any other solution provider and most of the large legacy consulting firms. The strategic vision for our customers is really what makes AHEAD stand out though. Our go-to-market Cloud Delivery Platform and workshop based approach of the AHEAD Innovation Framework sets customers up for success and removes much of the risk involved in innovating.

Cons

We are starting to really grow now. So although we don't have every practice fully built out like we want to this is simply a matter of time.

Advice to Management

Keep making the right investments and we will do more and more great things!

"New Technology. Dedicated Staff."

Current Employee - Solution Architect
    Current Employee - Solution Architect

I have been working at AHEAD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to work with new technology. Everyone works together towards your goals, and management keeps the lines of communication open.

Cons

Difficult for the company to control its direction technologically, in order to meet customer demands. To be expected though, because it's a consulting company.

Advice to Management

Keep sales and engineering in sync.