AHS Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Robert Gillette

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The pay is great and some of the people are cool (in 7 reviews)

• The company has good benefits, fun things promoted to try to keep you happy at work (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • They had one call center supervisor who had no backbone and agreed with whatever she was told (in 8 reviews)

• AHS has the worst customer service I have ever seen (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great place"

Current Employee - Director CARE in Wayne, MI
    Current Employee - Director CARE in Wayne, MI

I have been working at AHS (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is a really great place to get as many hours as you want.

Cons

You may get stuck at work.

Advice to Management

They should value staff more cause we are the reason the homes are ran the way they are.

2. "Too much turnover."

I worked at AHS full-time

Pros

Under Servicemaster umbrella with job opportunities nationwide.

Cons

Turnover is high.
    Work schedule can change quickly with little notice.

Advice to Management

Get better training for managers.

3. "Horrible and unethical"

Former Employee - Authorizations in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Authorizations in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at AHS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's rewarding helping the customers and speaking with the contractors. Even if angry, you can relate to the issues. Good pay.

Cons

This company was new to AZ. I was part of the first training group. The reading was very unorganized. The trainer was very rude and created a hostile work environment. The company was full of Caucasian people with a handful of minorities. Our class was predominantly African American for some odd reason...The trainer belittled us, she stormed out of class when she wanted. We spoke up several times nothing was done. The benefits are very expensive. They shorted our pay on almost every check for weeks with no resolution in sight. Upper management was no help. They had one call center supervisor who had no backbone and agreed with whatever she was told. Weak management with a lack of professionalism. They bought a Mormon company , One Guard and forced the trainees to attend a Mormon Christmas party in exchange for full pay that day. It was a full on church sermon while on the clock of a faith I don't agree with but I needed my check. They force religion on the employees. I watched them allow employees to break rules daily. I witnessed the firing of an employee who always stood up for the team and it was disgusting! They treated her like trash and she was a good employee who spoke up about the issues there. The called police on her. They taunted her as she gathered her belongings. What's worse is after she left the building the director was on the floor speaking bad about her and cracking jokes about her termination. I quit a day after that not wanting to work for this type of company. That woman has grounds to sue and knowing her she will. Stay away from this shady place. It doesn't belong in AZ

Advice to Management

Be honest, have integrity, and be ethical. Show a positive example to your staff, not the negative lying hateful ways. listen to your employees not punish them for following the path to speak up.

4. "Stay away!"

I worked at AHS full-time

Pros

Can't think of any

Cons

Messiest call center ever! From Human Resources to managers to employees! Terrible

Advice to Management

Be professional and not messy

"It could be a lot better!"

Current Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Memphis, TN

I have been working at AHS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's room to grow, benefits are okay, they different clubs the company offers employees to join are amazing, and they are some great people that work within the company.

Cons

They really don't want to pay what you're worth, management can do whatever they want, and HR isn't consistent with how they handle certain issues.

6. "Don't DO IT . READ EVERY word that is below that way you know what you are getting yourself into."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I worked at AHS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid every week
    Cafeteria has drinks ,chips and dinners (mostly junk food though so if you're healthy it won't appeal to you )

Cons

No kind of flexibility . My grandmother was rushed to the hospital one day and I couldn't make it their because I ran out of ato.(ATO is 24 hours they give you for the 5 months you will go through without benefits!). So let's say you start in June like I did they give you 24 hours of free time which can be used for sickness or whatever but that time is supposed to last you until somewhere around November like they told me . So they give you 24 hours of free time for 4.5 months and when you run out they start to write you up .

You don't get benefits and paid time off until after 130 days

They can never get your paycheck right . I was their 7 months and I had 7 wrong paychecks then when they do correct it they double tax you .

If you go their don't go to the sales department unrealistic expectations. If you have 60 calls in a day they want you to close 30 although some of those calls the people didn't have a card of bank account on them, some people called in for information and some people just didn't want to buy it which is understandable but they hold you accountable for no closing the calls even though they didn't want to do anything.

Advice to Management

Make benefits and paid time off available from day 1.

Triple ATO time

7. "Real Estate Sales"

I have been working at AHS full-time

Pros

ahs real estate dept is very easy and has a friendly enviroment

Cons

it is busy during peak season

8. "my review"

I worked at AHS full-time

Pros

The co workers in the company

Cons

management doesn't listen to employees

Advice to Management

Make employees feel appreciated

9. "TERRIBLE COMPANY!!!!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Memphis, TN

I have been working at AHS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a check and you can do overtime in the summer months. You can advance to another department in 6 months and make a little more but that's it.

Cons

This company needs to go out of business. They hire supervisors externally who don't know the first thing about any of our policies and they don't train them properly so that they can know. They don't care about you having a life outside of work and if you have something planned in advanced on your day off and they change your schedule you will have to work or take PTO. Upper Management is horrible, contractors that work for the company are terrible, and all that matters is the bottom dollar, how little they pay out and how much they can take in.

Advice to Management

Care about the customers and employees more and you will have a more successful business. Don't ask for our opinion on working there then not take it.

10. "Customer Service Rep"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at AHS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Able to use sick/personal time whenever needed - even if already at work. Automatically approved.

Cons

AHS has the worst customer service I have ever seen. Customers are lied to constantly. Repairs take entirely too long and AHS lies about why. I hate this company and embarrassed trying to explain to customers why they have no a/c or heat.

Advice to Management

Take care of your customers. Quit nagging your employees about their scores and take care of your customers that have had no a/c or heat for weeks and sometimes even months. Replace items when they have been repaired multiple times for same issue. Quit lying to customers about being serviced in 48 business hours. Don't sell contracts to people where vendors are not available causing the customer to get their own vendor and then be reimbursed. These people that call in screaming and complaining have every right to do so. They call multiple times and are getting no resolution. I wish I had never worked for this company. I hate coming to work and my anxiety level is through the roof. This is the most unprofessional, lying company I have ever seen and I would NEVER recommend a warranty to anyone I know and would tell anyone applying for a position there to run!!! Do NOT work for AHS!!!