AIDS Healthcare Foundation Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
AIDS Healthcare Foundation President Michael Weinstein
Michael Weinstein

Pros
  • Can really make a difference in peoples lives and serve people who are often overlooked in care (in 7 reviews)

• Great Customer Service for employees, good benefits, strong loyalties to staff (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises, Parking is the horrible (in 7 reviews)

• Poor management, too many double standards, poor performers are not fired, poor and inaccessible senior management who promote office politics (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Wonderful place to work- truly amazing what we do!"

I have been working at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for AHF for a little over 3 years, and the mission is always top of mind for me and my peers. There are such PHENOMENAL professionals around the world that represent AHF and advocate on behalf of our patients. If you are someone who has ideas and likes to think outside the box, you will flourish here.

Cons

Growth is very fast due to needs around the world and in the US. If you are not able to adapt quickly to shifting priorities, this growth can be viewed as reactionary or disorganized, however, rest assured there is certainly a big picture plan!

Advice to Management

Make sure to share more information and news about the organization to your teams, not only what pertains to their day-today.

"Perfect cross between non-profit and for profit organization"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Outcomes Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Outcomes Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AHF is very family friendly and for the most part treat their employees very well. It is a very people-centered organization, whether it be patients or employees. It is also great to know that the majority of your co-workers are there because they want to help others to the best of their abilities. I feel great knowing that all my hard work and whatever $ I save the organization, go directly to patient care worldwide. There are always possibilities to grow because the organization is constantly expanding.

Cons

It is an ever growing organization. Needs better structure/process to grow as painless as possible.

Advice to Management

More information to be filtered out efficiently from upper management to ground level employees.

3. "Global Digital Media and Marketing Internship"

Pros

Amazing internship -it was very well organized by the HR department. I was able to attend weekly marketing meetings with the CEO and work on an intern project which I presented to the CEO at the end of the program.

Cons

I wish I learned more about the analytical side of marketing.

5. "Benefits Specialist"

Former Employee - Benefits Specialist in Newnan, GA
    Former Employee - Benefits Specialist in Newnan, GA

I worked at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Provide a clinic for people living with HIV/AIDS to come to.

Cons

I work ed for AHF for less than a year. AHF took over my company. I worked for the company they took over for over 1o years. When AHF took over things changed. AHF makes people think they are helping people living with HIV/AIDS but they are all about the money. AHF would not exist without 340B funds which they use illegally. They only apply for grants so they can get 340B funding.
    The benefits if you have a family are outrageous!! God help if you are a single parent and have to cover your children. You can not afford it. My insurance for myself and my children was almost 400.00 every 2 weeks!! I could understand that a month but no it was every 2 weeks.

Advice to Management

Share more with your employees and stop being so secretive. Treat your employees like the people they are......the reason YOU have a job. Without them you don't have one!
    Stop lining your pockets with a big bonus. Give to the people you make you look good...your employees.

6. "Systems Analyst"

Current Employee - IT Analyst
    Current Employee - IT Analyst

Pros

Flexible work schedule good health benefits

Cons

Unstructured company and poor management

"Sky's the Limit"

Current Employee - Provider Relations in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Provider Relations in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Your efforts are actually helping Members. Dealing with Providers is always a learning experience. Your Team is your Work Family and a certain comradery is forged with them, making your day that much more enjoyable. The Perks are fantastic and we get a Christmas Party that is off the chain. You get plenty of experience working for a fast paced environment which is always a good thing when you want to improve on your current skills. The opportunities presented to you will only make you a better well rounded employee where ever your journey takes you. I personally love the fact that once you have your shoe in, the sky is the limits to where you can go, and brothers, I am going places.

Cons

The Cons are more to do with the space and parking situation depending where you work. At Linn house Monday and Tuesday parking is a disaster. We have employees coming and going and space is limited making our lower level Permanent employees an easy target for moving them around. I'd personally like it if departments would stay generally in the same area to make sure work is done more effectively and smoothly. Chasing down a manager or director for anything can be a challenge

Advice to Management

Keep you crew close and your temps closer. Be more of a leader than a friend.

8. "Pharmacy Technician"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Corona, CA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Corona, CA

I have been working at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Its a close door pharmacy my coworkers are the best. We get bonuses 4 times a year.

Cons

Management sucks. In order for you to move up its all about who you know.

Advice to Management

You cant be everyones friend. Take management classes.

9. "Great company!"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Safety Harbor, FL
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Safety Harbor, FL

Pros

Good company to work for. Very fast pace job.

Cons

Manager plays favoritism with employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and treat all the same.

"Need Better Management Structure"

Pros

AHF is a very unique non profit. The mission is focus driven and the organization has done great work over the years and it is highly commendable.

Cons

People don't leave because of "bad companies", People leave because of "bad managers". Some of the managers have no clue how to lead the good work that AHF has been doing.

Advice to Management

Get rid of employees who are toxic to the organization. There should be zero tolerance for bullying and rudeness. Teach employees and managers how to respect their fellow human beings.

11. "Being at OTC."

I have been working at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sick and vacation time. Sometimes you get a team you like to see and work with. You get to learn a lot about HIV that you might not know. There are a few cool events. Discounts at the thrift store.

Cons

Turn-over is huge. Pay is awful. The quarterly bonuses are hardly worth it. No room to move up. Managers seem more worried about their vacations every other month than their employees. I've seen victim blaming for sexual harassment problems. Management doesn't really care about the physical safety of employees. It's hard to get replies on important things from the upper management.

Advice to Management

Start caring more about your workers or things will only get worse. Raise pay. Many of us cannot survive on nearly minimum wage. I know I sure can't.