AIDS Healthcare Foundation Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
AIDS Healthcare Foundation President Michael Weinstein
Michael Weinstein

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The organization itself is incredible to work for, regardless of your position you feel like you are making a difference" (in 8 reviews)

• "The culture and work environment is wonderful" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "No raises except for cost of living" (in 10 reviews)

• "Poor planning from senior management" (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Associate Director"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for 10 years and it is the longest I have stayed in a company. I only not get to work with wonderful people but I get to serve the community. AHF is a company that you feel you are family

Cons

Every company will have cons but I don't consider this as hindrance with AHF. It is just part of daily life.

Advice to Management

Please continue to work in making AHF more successful.

AIDS Healthcare Foundation Response

Jan 11, 2019 – HR Business Line Partner

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience at AHF. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at... More

2. "Tax Administrator, Finance Head( non profit organization), Accountant and Security Officer in government."

Pros

I like to serve people in my profession and ability, believe that every person must be get health care.

Cons

An ugly person in working area but, immediately closed to and solved the problems.

Advice to Management

Management must be close relationship to the community and workers to facilitate the organization plans.

3. "N/A"

Current Employee - Benefit Counselor
    Current Employee - Benefit Counselor

I have been working at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Changing lives every day and being able to educate people on their well being.

Cons

None great company to work for

4. "Gain"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Wilton Manors, FL
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Wilton Manors, FL

I have been working at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A non profit Organization great

Cons

I dont have any cons

Advice to Management

Learn to treat technicians equally

"There are better positions for providers elsewhere"

Former Employee - Provider
    Former Employee - Provider

I worked at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mission statement says it all. Great and appreciative patients.

Cons

Very disorganized management starting at the top. Limited to no oversight from senior medical leadership. Harshly punitive unjustifiably. Several meetings with LA senior directors felt more like an interrogation. Divisive tactics. Poor culture in the clinic with lots of mistrust and back biting employees.

Advice to Management

There is much I can say about this. Listen to your employees and don't be dismissive or disrespectful of them. Would be very positive to make efforts to meet/check in with employees to discuss their concerns and ideas for improvements. Don't play favorites and quit pitting employees against one another. As provider, I was appalled by the lack of morale in the clinic and the divisiveness created by LA. Senior leadership needs to change if AHF wants to survive.

"Awful"

Pros

Most of the patients are wonderful to work with

Cons

The management is beyond non-supportive, leading to a hazardous work environment

Advice to Management

Why bother? Even if they do listen, they do not support positive change

"Best and worst experience"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Dallas, TX

I worked at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

helping patients save on meds that would otherwise bankrupt any one of us. Great outreach programs and events that employees can be involved with. Great benefits.

Cons

First, your experience could be very different from the one I had but I want to let you know that this organization and the people in it, from managers to co-workers to the HR department, engage/condone/tolerate workplace mobbing, and the ones engaging in it go to psychologically disturbing lengths. So, if you can navigate an environment where you or someone you work with could be mobbed/bullied and still do your job, then take the job. If you can know that something like this goes on and you are still able to show up to work, do your job and watch your own back, then take the job. Because, I guess there are people working at AHF that manage to help their patients, so maybe you can do it too? I don’t know, people are different. But before you consider taking a job at this organization, get you a copy of Janice Harper’s book, Mobbed, and read you a few articles on the psychology of group think among other things, and then decide. This type of stuff doesn’t happen everywhere, and it’s NOT normal, so people need to know.

Advice to Management

there are other ways to get your point across, that don't involve mobbing/bullying, a million and one ways.

8. "Great!!"

I have been working at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time

Pros

Good company to work with

Cons

Nothing negative to say

"HR, Upper management and Management"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Gardena, CA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Gardena, CA

I have been working at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

the Foundation, the Patients and Customer

Cons

the Pharmacy- punishes you for making complaints to HR, and by the way HR will do nothing

Advice to Management

stop lying and covering

"Unrealistic Expectations for Newbies"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Safety Harbor, FL
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Safety Harbor, FL

I worked at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time

Pros

Good pay, bonuses, reputable company, purpose-driven, provided lunch often :)

Cons

Re: Safety Harbor, FL location-- new techs were made scapegoats, no sense of humor on the pharmacy side of clinic, low morale, "constructive criticism" was destructive and hurtful, mgmt had little patience, lack of communication, not a "team" atmosphere, always ever present tension in the air.

Advice to Management

Director needs to implement changes concerning above "cons" so that a new employee can feel like he/she is in a secure work environment where one can make mistakes and still move forward; otherwise it is a difficult learning environment for one to get through, grow, and to shine.