AIDS Healthcare Foundation Reviews

Healthcare

13h

an

Occupational Therapist

I’m a fairly new grad. Got licensed in January and started working in February. I moved across the state for this job taking my family with me. Now 4 months in it’s such a toxic environment. Unethical, unhealthy. I’m looking to apply to other places. Do I put this company on my resume to show I’ve been working since I graduated or is it worse to show I want to leave after only 4 months? Also, absolutely cannot have them contact my current job or use them as a reference. Put them or no?

8 Comments

Healthcare

29.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=AIDS Healthcare Foundation~288826
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits and you feel proud of what you do.(in 44 reviews)
  • "This company takes care of it's employees as well as it takes care of it's Community!(in 33 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with(in 23 reviews)
  • "Pay is great and team work is expected.(in 16 reviews)
  • "operative and friendly staffs(in 15 reviews)
Cons
  • "Management is awful, I never had experience a lot of whispering conducted by management.(in 21 reviews)
  • "Employees are overwhelmed, over worked, poor moral, always playing catch up, scrambling trying to figure out how to keep up with work flow that is interrupted by Under staffing.. Upper management is clueless and disconnected, and does not support the staff in any way.(in 12 reviews)
  • "staffs should be motivated especially when one adds an additional training in his/her line of career.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Poor management, too many double standards, poor performers are not fired, poor and inaccessible senior management who promote office politics(in 8 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of AIDS Healthcare Foundation and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

"Made Employment Onboarding Easy"

Dec 17, 2021 - Medical Case Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

AHF has one of the most Outstanding/Professional Talent Acquisition Teams in the nation. I am so appreciative to Nicole Castaldo, Lead Talent Recruiter who literally held my hand and walked me through the entire employee onboarding process, which has many stages and components attached to it, from first screening to first day of employment/first payroll check. My hats off to her and I Salute her skills/proficiency/style and grace in Human Resources /personnel and procedures. Please thank her for me because she and she alone "Made Employment Onboarding Easy!"

Cons

This is the upside. There are no Cons in working for AHF/South Side Help Center. It is a total atmosphere of professionalism and carrying out the mission of the company. It is a win/win for clients and employees!

1 person found this review helpful

AIDS Healthcare Foundation Response

Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience at AHF. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at TalentAcquisition@ahf.org

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great organization to work for!

May 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

This organization is mission driven and they truly care about the patients. In addition, the benefits are great.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of at this time.

3. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Reproductive justice is a public health issue

May 12, 2022 - Administrative Role
    Business Outlook

Pros

Passionate people within the organization, great leadership within AHF

Cons

For a global non-profit who has always stood up & voiced an opinion for doing what is right, there has sadly been a recent, disturbing silence when it comes to reproductive justice. Reproductive justice is a public health issue. The ability to plan for families, seek sexual health education, make informed choices on your body, & expressing your sexuality/ gender are all reproductive justice issues AHF supports, but apparently they draw the line at supporting women and trans men who are at risk of losing their rights.

4 people found this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Where's the stand on abortion rights?

May 9, 2022 - Pharmacy in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance, good pay, fighting for what's right in some situations

Cons

They are really selective on what they speak out against and don't hold true to the values they expounge. Sometimes things feel very performative more than they are based on equity and inclusion. They haven't said anything on the ruling on roe v wade and we are a healthcare based company. Really unhappy they aren't taking a stand on womens rights, the right to privacy, or contraception.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Customer service base job

May 11, 2022 - Security Guard in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, Hours, discounts and medical care

Cons

Scheduling , 12-Hours shift, Staff , Customers or client have mental illness problems , Bathrooms, All property that I have been stations at are very dirty and have visual signs of mold. How they treat tenants and staff is unfair and the paid.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Mission

May 4, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great mission for the world

Cons

Not equal to all employees

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Generous company

Apr 29, 2022 - Patient Retention Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company takes good care of their employees, and through the pandemic the company took good care of its employees by supporting with extra support to everyone in need. They made sure that the pandemic caused no layoffs to ensure the employment of all during uncertain times. Additionally, they provide ample opportunities to move up or continue to earn more with their cost of living increases that happen gradually.

Cons

Too limited in open workspace.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fast paced with competitive work environmet

Apr 15, 2022 - Pharmacy Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company, great benefits, good HR,

Cons

Non, I see a lot of these reviews saying overworked. Its called Healthcare if you are not willing to "overwork" then you are in the wrong career choice.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

a job with a purpose

Apr 14, 2022 - Pharmacist in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

if you want to spend your time working towards a mission with meaning, i recommend working at AHF. there's room for growth, career development and advocacy to fight for what's right

Cons

you have to be willing to be flexible

10. 1.0
    Former Employee

Reproductive rights are a public health issue!!!

May 15, 2022 - Refistered Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fighting for a just cause

Cons

Why is AHF silent on reproductive rights? Why do they continue to fail on women’s health issues? Why?

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 687 Reviews

AIDS Healthcare Foundation Reviews FAQs

AIDS Healthcare Foundation has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 762 reviews left anonymously by employees. 88% of employees would recommend working at AIDS Healthcare Foundation to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, AIDS Healthcare Foundation employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at AIDS Healthcare Foundation. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

88% of AIDS Healthcare Foundation employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated AIDS Healthcare Foundation 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at AIDS Healthcare Foundation to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with AIDS Healthcare Foundation Job Seekers