AIDS Healthcare Foundation Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
AIDS Healthcare Foundation President Michael Weinstein
Michael Weinstein

Pros
  • Can really make a difference in peoples lives and serve people who are often overlooked in care (in 7 reviews)

• Great Customer Service for employees, good benefits, strong loyalties to staff (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises, Parking is the horrible (in 7 reviews)

• Poor management, too many double standards, poor performers are not fired, poor and inaccessible senior management who promote office politics (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Wonderful place to work- truly amazing what we do!"

I have been working at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for AHF for a little over 3 years, and the mission is always top of mind for me and my peers. There are such PHENOMENAL professionals around the world that represent AHF and advocate on behalf of our patients. If you are someone who has ideas and likes to think outside the box, you will flourish here.

Cons

Growth is very fast due to needs around the world and in the US. If you are not able to adapt quickly to shifting priorities, this growth can be viewed as reactionary or disorganized, however, rest assured there is certainly a big picture plan!

Advice to Management

Make sure to share more information and news about the organization to your teams, not only what pertains to their day-today.

2. "Great mission, but be prepared to give your all"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The mission is great, it's very easy to feel proud of the work you do. The work is very important and makes a big impact in the community.
    Management tends to be very committed to employees' professional development.
    Also the benefits are pretty good in my opinion.

Cons

The workload can be very heavy.
    Employee conflicts are often poorly handled.
    It's a very politically-involved culture, including in controversial issues. Some people may not enjoy this.

Advice to Management

Work on PR/company image. AHF gets really mischaracterized in the media, especially when it comes to controversial issues.

3. "No future on this non profit foundation if your sexual orientation is other than gay/lesbian"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

somehow ok benefits, health insurance the worst

Cons

gay oriented only working environment all top positions are hold by gays only and they will always prefer to hire and promote same sexual orientation candidates, I'm surprise there is no lawsuit for discriminating upon your sexual orientation or they have settle quietly which will make sense, HR doesn't get involve in the selection of the most qualify candidate instead the one that gets hire are "friends" or same sexual orientation individuals and they get "pick" by managers without no concern of other better qualify candidates, surprise no lawsuit have been issue because of this, manager run this non-profit foundation as ti was their own business and do as they like and want HR again doesn't get involve on this or they just pretend that don't see any wrong doing, employees are treated without respect and no communication is properly giving in any way or shape everything is done last minute and without proper planning and again employees are told to do as managers said or retaliation will definitely will take place and put on a " non-gratus" and will find the way to get you get you out the door ASAP. in conclusion a terrible place to work for.

Advice to Management

top managers need to review lower ranks managers and make sure that they are doing there jobs HR needs to get involve more as the conduct of managers and supervisors its definetely a liability for the foundation and sooner than later will bring major problems to it.

5. "Assistant Case Management"

Former Employee - Assistant to Case Management in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant to Case Management in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at AIDS Healthcare Foundation part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being able to assist people in need was very fulfilling.

Cons

There were no cons.

Advice to Management

You need to have a more hands on attitude with your individual locations. Also when an employee needs to vent you need to listen and keep the conversation confidential. You need to react as humans and not robots that go strictly by the book/rules.

"Perfect cross between non-profit and for profit organization"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Outcomes Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Outcomes Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AHF is very family friendly and for the most part treat their employees very well. It is a very people-centered organization, whether it be patients or employees. It is also great to know that the majority of your co-workers are there because they want to help others to the best of their abilities. I feel great knowing that all my hard work and whatever $ I save the organization, go directly to patient care worldwide. There are always possibilities to grow because the organization is constantly expanding.

Cons

It is an ever growing organization. Needs better structure/process to grow as painless as possible.

Advice to Management

More information to be filtered out efficiently from upper management to ground level employees.

7. "Benefits Specialist"

Former Employee - Benefits Specialist in Newnan, GA
    Former Employee - Benefits Specialist in Newnan, GA

I worked at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Provide a clinic for people living with HIV/AIDS to come to.

Cons

I work ed for AHF for less than a year. AHF took over my company. I worked for the company they took over for over 1o years. When AHF took over things changed. AHF makes people think they are helping people living with HIV/AIDS but they are all about the money. AHF would not exist without 340B funds which they use illegally. They only apply for grants so they can get 340B funding.
    The benefits if you have a family are outrageous!! God help if you are a single parent and have to cover your children. You can not afford it. My insurance for myself and my children was almost 400.00 every 2 weeks!! I could understand that a month but no it was every 2 weeks.

Advice to Management

Share more with your employees and stop being so secretive. Treat your employees like the people they are......the reason YOU have a job. Without them you don't have one!
    Stop lining your pockets with a big bonus. Give to the people you make you look good...your employees.

"Sky's the Limit"

Current Employee - Provider Relations in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Provider Relations in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Your efforts are actually helping Members. Dealing with Providers is always a learning experience. Your Team is your Work Family and a certain comradery is forged with them, making your day that much more enjoyable. The Perks are fantastic and we get a Christmas Party that is off the chain. You get plenty of experience working for a fast paced environment which is always a good thing when you want to improve on your current skills. The opportunities presented to you will only make you a better well rounded employee where ever your journey takes you. I personally love the fact that once you have your shoe in, the sky is the limits to where you can go, and brothers, I am going places.

Cons

The Cons are more to do with the space and parking situation depending where you work. At Linn house Monday and Tuesday parking is a disaster. We have employees coming and going and space is limited making our lower level Permanent employees an easy target for moving them around. I'd personally like it if departments would stay generally in the same area to make sure work is done more effectively and smoothly. Chasing down a manager or director for anything can be a challenge

Advice to Management

Keep you crew close and your temps closer. Be more of a leader than a friend.

9. "Pharmacy Technician"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Corona, CA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Corona, CA

I have been working at AIDS Healthcare Foundation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Its a close door pharmacy my coworkers are the best. We get bonuses 4 times a year.

Cons

Management sucks. In order for you to move up its all about who you know.

Advice to Management

You cant be everyones friend. Take management classes.

10. "Great company!"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Safety Harbor, FL
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Safety Harbor, FL

Pros

Good company to work for. Very fast pace job.

Cons

Manager plays favoritism with employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and treat all the same.

11. "Poor Pharmacy Management"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Decent pay, Monday through Friday schedule, busy days make the time go by quickly

Cons

Pharmacy is poorly ran. Manager is rude along with staff. Favoritism and name calling/bullying. No one willing to help new hires learn

Advice to Management

Be a leader, don't pick favorites and talk about others behind their backs. Give positive reinforcement when someone does a good job.