AIM Consulting Group, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
AIM Consulting Group, LLC Co-Founder & CEO Bill VanSickle
Bill VanSickle

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I have been fortunate enough to work for AIM Consulting for more than two years now (in 20 reviews)

• They matched with a fantastic engagement at a great company (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • When it rains it pours - sometimes there is so much activity that it can be difficult to manage it all, growing pains (in 10 reviews)

• I have no cons from my experience with AIM (in 10 reviews)

"Manager of Talent Acquisition and Retention"

Former Employee - Manager of Talent Acquisition and Retention in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

+Leadership team. Nate, Kyle, Bill, and the other leaders are amazing people. They have created an organization that truly puts their employees first. I have never seen any other organization have leaders like the ones at AIM. It was an honor working closely with each of them!
    +Experience. I will be honest, this role takes extremely hard work and dedication to become a successful MTAR; however, the role is extremely rewarding and a fun challenge if you like to be pushed. You are able to truly learn what networking means and how to create business partnerships in the IT industry. Throughout the two years, I got the chance to improve my communication skills, learn more about talent acquisition, and become a leader within the MTAR team. I was able to take my experience gained at AIM and take my next step in my career due to the experience I gained as an MTAR.
    +Ability to achieve your goals. I was able to set up my yearly and quarterly goals to best fit both my personal strengths and career objectives. Nate and the leadership teams coach you to be pushed and driven to achieve more that what you even thought was possible to do.
    +Compensation. The sky is the limit on the money you are able to make. When you produce results, you get compensated for the hard work. I have had the ability to pay off student loans and impact my financial future due to compensation structure at AIM.
    +Culture. The Minneapolis team is full of smart, driven professionals who all love to have fun and work hard everyday. The team recently won the Best Place to Work in Minnesota for a small business. It is evident why the office won the award! I have and will never work with a greater group of people.

Cons

-It is a fast paced environment, that comes with many challenges just like any other job. The best thing is this role teaches you many skills that are extremely valuable to take to your next role. I chose to leave AIM just to gain more experience specifically within HR and a larger corporation.

Advice to Management

+Continue to stay close with your team. Give candid, constructive feedback consistantly and celebrate wins. Keep up the great work! I will always recommend AIM to my peers and colleagues.

2. "A Great Company to Work For"

Former Employee - Salesforce Administrator in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Salesforce Administrator in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

AIM has a very unique way of recruiting. They really take their time to understand your motivations and career goals.

They matched with a fantastic engagement at a great company!

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about AIM!

Advice to Management

Ashley and Megan were fantastic to work with!!

3. "Manager of Talent Acquisition & Retention"

I have been working at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time

Pros

• Team: The Denver team works very well together! We trust each other to play a role in our success and allow each other the freedom to learn and present new ideas. We have fun hanging out together and truly want the best for each other and for the office.

• Training: Initial training is provided in the beginning and throughout. Management is available for any additional training that is needed by its employees. Each employee is given “space” to learn but can ask for help from management and team members at any time! Also, we utilize our team’s expertise and hold Lunch & Learns to continually grow and be successful in an ever-changing market.

• Culture: We work hard and have fun doing it! We push each other to be successful, creating daily and weekly challenges around reaching our individual and team goals. We enjoy our time together in the office with music and laughs, daily stand-up meetings to start the day off right and happy hour/after work get togethers!

• Motto: You get what you give! The more you put into AIM, the more you learn, grow and succeed in your career and financially. The company is structured to reward employees with financial incentives to deliver on business. Hard work has a great ROI here!

• Rewards: Hard work is rewarded with flexibility! Reaching your individual and team goals can be challenging. Sometimes extra work is needed outside the standard work schedule to ensure we deliver on business initiatives. However, once those goals are accomplished and we win as a team; we celebrate, relax and recoup together!

Cons

This position isn’t to be taken lightly. If you are interested in committing to a team the drives and pushes themselves to be successful, then you will succeed at AIM. If you want more freedom to import your own methods and outside conclusions for success, this is not going to be the place for you. AIM has built its many years of success on a model that has proven to produce results year after year.

Advice to Management

• Continue to listen to employee feedback and incorporate new ideas for success.
    • Continue all employee conference calls, so the organization can stay up-to-date with what is taking place in the business as a whole.
    • Continue to reward hard work with flexibility and financial incentives.

4. "AIM Consulting - Denver"

I have been working at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time

Pros

- The family like atmosphere. Its a close-knit group that is there to support you when times are hard and give you constructive criticism when it is needed.
    - Flexibility when you work for it. As long as the leadership can see that you are putting in full effort to meet the goals, they have no problem with having a flexible schedule for you.
    - Leadership that cares. The managing partner in the Denver office truly cares about his people. He wants them to help them reach their goals and will do everything he can to make sure that happens. If something is bothering them, he wants to know about it and wants to know if there is anything he can do to help. If someone is struggling with something, he does what he can to help them overcome.

Cons

- Has a very specific model that does not work for everyone. It is rigorous and forces people out of their comfort zone, but as long as you commit to the set goals and know the expectations, you will be just fine.

Advice to Management

Continue to regularly communicate company updates with employees and listen to their thoughts and/or concerns.

"Bad experience"

I worked at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time

Pros

Great co-workers that are equally frustrated.

Cons

The company could have been great, but it is not being properly run. The culture is very poor in the offices but especially the Denver one. You are micromanaged in a way I have never seen before. The company is quickly falling behind in the market as employees are not allowed to innovate, and are forced to follow models that worked 10 years ago. Times have changed! Micromanagement is to ensure that you stay “in line”, and if you don’t, you will face hostility and unprofessionalism from management. Leadership will disclose your personal information and talk about you to your peers, and talk to you about your peers. There's also no HR in the organization, so there's no one you can turn to and report issues that don’t seem right.
    There is also a lot of misinformation going around. Information gets modified and filtered in order to manipulate you to think a certain way. You never know what is true in terms of information about clients and jobs to work on. We are also forced to lie to clients and candidates and compromise your own morals and values, and if you speak up, you are accused of not having the right mindset.
    Work life balance is a big issue too. In the Denver office, your personal time is not respected. Employees receive calls and emails during lunch, nights, mornings, weekends and holidays, and you are always expected to do more.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. There is a reason why employees are leaving.

AIM Consulting Group, LLC Response

Jun 27, 2017 – Managing Partner

We appreciate your feedback related to your experience with AIM as we are always seeking ways to improve how we serve and support our employees, consultants and clients.

AIM has a recruiting... More

6. "Manager of Talent Acquisition & Retention"

Current Employee - Manager of Talent Acquisition & Retention in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Manager of Talent Acquisition & Retention in Seattle, WA

I have been working at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are in charge of how much success you have; team spirited with healthy competitive attitudes

Cons

Willing to make and receive phone calls outside of office hours if necessary

"Don't Expect Protection in Case of a Violation of the ADA"

Former Employee - Devops Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Devops Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent recruiters. My recruiter went above and beyond to get me a position. I was very impressed with her dedication and follow up in finding me a job.

Cons

I was contracted to Microsoft as a DevOps Engineer. I have a condition called AvPD. It causes issues with social interaction. I had two incidents and was terminated and the incidents can be traced back directly to the AvPD. I contacted MS and was told this matter was between AIM and myself. However, AIM has a vested interest in maintaining a positive relationship with MS. Furthermore, the person who violated the ADA is a Microsoft full-time employee. AIM did not discriminate against me, MS did. However in speaking to MS HR, they told me the issue was betwixt the consulting agency and I. I pointed out the conflict of interest - AIM wants to maintain a positive relationship with MS and will not create issues over a violation of civil rights, and MS is unwilling to do anything about the employee who violated my civil rights because I was a contractor. I am left unemployed and screwed because MS has drawn a neat little line that exonerates them from responsibility if one of their employees violates the ADA. AIM did nothing to assist, as expected. I would not recommend working with AIM consulting unless you are OK with the idea that all they want is the money and they don't care about your rights as an American citizen.

Advice to Management

Maybe you should obey the laws of the countries you operate in and protect your "employees" from discrimination, even from your largest clients.

8. "MTAR"

Former Employee - mtar in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - mtar in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

+ Passionate leadership team- very transparent about goals and values
    + Ability to build a successful business and earning potential
    + Supportive boss
    + You get great exposure to the market, different clients, and the overall IT field so the learning and networking potential is endless

Cons

- The typical pains of a growing office- you have to be willing not only to put in the hours but keep up on your activity. If you do it- it pays off!
    - Vaca/time off could be better- again, if you do the activity it's warranted- but the standards are high!

Advice to Management

No comments at this time!

9. "Solid Company in Word and Action"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time

Pros

consistent company focused on relationships/clients/consultants above all else

Cons

none at a large enough scale to report at this time

10. ""Hard work + positive attitude = WIN""

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been fortunate enough to work for AIM Consulting for more than two years now. I consider myself lucky to be apart of a winning team that has a relentless commitment to our consultants, clients, and team. We have a passion for helping our clients solve their business challenges through technology and are privileged to work with some awesome people. AIM was founded on relationships-- many of which have turned into friendships. Through hard work, dedication, and persistent activity the world can truly be your oyster with AIM. If you work hard, the "play harder" message is definitely delivered through a variety of: trips, contests, shopping sprees, meals, sporting events, etc.

Cons

AIM has some of the typical growing pains of a smaller organization turning into a larger company. AIM recognizes them and continues to evolve- so none that are worth noting.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Continue to put the individual first both with our clients, consultants, and teams.