AIM Consulting Group, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 10, 2019

4.2
Kyle Guilford

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I enjoyed my experience working with AIM Consulting as a consultant" (in 23 reviews)

• "It has been a great experience in every aspect since I began working with AIM as a contractor" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "And the competitive compensation and career path makes up for it" (in 4 reviews)

• "It is a fast paced environment, that comes with many challenges just like any other job" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team here is a group of some of the hardest working and most talented individuals I have met. The culture is one of friendly competition and transparent feedback. Pace is FAST! Which is a Pro for most sales-minded individuals, but could be a con if you do not function well in a fast-paced environment. Management is supportive and always willing to help on a moment's notice. You truly reap what you sow here, and if you work hard you have the ability to hit high personal financial goals very early on. Also get to work on cutting edge technology initiatives to support some "sexy" clients here in the Twin Cities.

Cons

Like I mentioned above - fast-paced environment could be a con if you do not function well under high intensity, quick-moving daily expectations. Not a Con, but must be flexible and very open-minded, as there is a lot of opportunity to learn and grow as a professional through various sales situations! Can't be afraid of a challenge.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and valuing employees as people - continue to end every meeting with "And what do you need from me?" - As AIM continues to grow, keeping that mindset will be huge!

2. "Manager of Talent Acquisition & Retention"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager

I have been working at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, great team, strong earning potential, can control your own outcomes, management cares - I would recommend AIM to any highly accountable, relationship oriented, sales-minded individuals

Cons

I can't think of any cons!

3. "Great people, competitive salaries"

Current Employee - Manager of Talent Acquisition in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Manager of Talent Acquisition in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people/culture and competitive compensations structure

Cons

Does take some ramp up to be successful

"Good people but micro management heavy"

I have been working at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time

Pros

Nice young energetic people who are really going out of their way to establish themselves. Gives a startup feel and fun

Cons

Lots of micromanagement. Anything you do can and will be perceived negatively. You will find yourself constantly proving your worth. At the end of the day no matter who you are, you are a warm body for sale. It is ridiculous to ask for one week or more off 3 months in advance.

Advice to Management

Hire leadership who are human not someone who is transactional driven.

5. "Great company"

Former Employee - Lead Consultant in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Lead Consultant in Bellevue, WA

I worked at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

AIM is a consulting firm that puts people first, profits second. Worked here for 2.5 years and it has been nothing short of one of the best companies to work for.

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Honestly, management is some of the best I've seen. Keep it up!

6. "Hard Work Pays Off"

Current Employee - mtar in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - mtar in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time

Pros

Shared interest from top down on wanting everyone to succeed. Clear path and process to set people up for success (but you have to work for it). Genuine interest and investment in people. Good team environment and everyone helps everyone. Metrics based and although it's a challenge, totally obtainable. Standard vacation plan and healthcare coverage is good and in line with most other options in the market.

Cons

Sales in general has metrics to measure people's success. Sales isn't for everyone but when signing up to join, you are agreeing to the terms of the job. If you can't/don't want to be measured by your daily, weekly or monthly activity, it may not be the best fit. Additionally, it takes a lot of investment by the employee and the employer to get success. It's not immediate gratification but also isn't pitched as such. If you are looking for a flash in the pan, it likely won't be the right fit. But, with tenure, you can garner more success and you have a team to help you get there.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people and keep the environment that rewards hard work.

"Recruiter/Manager of Talent Acqusition"

I worked at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time

Pros

Exposure to IT staffing industry

Cons

Low commission payout, no flexibility in hours—you’ll get questioned if you take PTO, no amenities or perks, horrible benefits despite the fact they take a majority of our commission. Management is focused on making money instead taking care of the people that work for them. Managers have huge egos and people are not friendly bc there’s so much pressure and unrealistic goals. HR is disorganized and snappy. There has been crazy turnover of recruiters with no signs of workplace improvement.

AIM Consulting Group, LLC Response

Jun 7, 2018 – Co-Founder & Partner

I’m sorry to hear that you had a negative experience during your time with AIM. We strive to provide an environment where hard work and accountability are rewarded both professionally and... More

"Wouldn't Recommend"

I have been working at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time

Pros

You can make a lot of money if you grind. Good work environment if you network and suck up to the right people.

Cons

It's managements way or the highway. Disagreeing with management on anything is political suicide. No flexibility to work from home, ever. You will get micromanaged. Unrealistic goals. We claim to be a technology company but don't embrace technology. Bad benefits. Extremely stressful. Most employees aren't happy. Thinking outside of the box is discouraged, things are done the AIM way or not at all.

Advice to Management

Reflect on why good people quit. Do something about it other than just offering more money at the last minute. How about offering a work environment where people don't hate their life?

9. "Great Experience"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

AIM's approach to matching consultants to the right job is excellent. They are very engaging and they pay close attention to detail when it comes to figuring out what jobs match their consultants.

Cons

I had no negative experiences when working at AIM.

10. "Full time contrator review"

I have been working at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time

Pros

Great people to work with. The really pay attention to the strengths of there contractors.

Cons

The only downside is no payed time off.

Advice to Management

Paid time off would be great.