AIM Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
AIM Consulting Co-Founder & CEO Bill VanSickle
Bill VanSickle

Pros
  • AIM Consulting is a great company in an exciting space (in 19 reviews)

• Work/life balance is good, but you have to be productive while at work and optimize your time (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • I have no cons with this organization (in 9 reviews)

• As with any evolving organization there are some growing pains - nothing this group of people can't navigate (in 8 reviews)

1. "Continued growth & success"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at AIM Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A group of fun and hard working individuals doing some really great work for some awesome customers. Always go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction.

Cons

AIM has some of the typical growing pains that a lot of organizations have but some internal systems need to be updated which will allow them to continue to grow.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay focused on your employees and your customers and all the rest takes care of itself. It is a very competitive industry so you need to continue to hire the best and brightest to separate from the pack.

2. "Continues to be Consistent!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at AIM Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

AIM is truly a relationship-based company with a focus on taking pride in your work and delivering on what you commit to with the utmost attention to detail and quality. I respect the leadership, the business model, and the way we conduct business. Definitely a company that one can take pride in being a part of inside and out.

Cons

In my 3 years with the company, I have continued to experience AIM delivering on what they say. There are always things that could be improved upon (as only the mediocre are at their best) but with 10+ years in the professional workforce, I can't say that any "cons" are at a level that would warrant listing here. AIM is receptive, respectful and consistent which is an amazing company to be a part of! Glad to have found them and see a long future here.

Advice to Management

The more professional experience I get the more I realize how tough it is to truly impact culture and values throughout a growing organization - so congratulations and keep it up!

3. "Great Place to Grow"

I worked at AIM Consulting full-time

Pros

- Was able to learn and grow skills, learned things I would have never imagined
    - Good compensation and worth it if you put in the work
    - Great Management Team

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep Up the good work

5. "Great company to work for right out of college!"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at AIM Consulting (More than a year)

Pros

Young fun company with the opportunity to make great commission! Met great people who will be friends for life.

Cons

Nothing to complain about.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

6. "Inconsistent"

Pros

There were no positive or pro experiences.

Cons

1. Company proclaims that once a contract is successfully completed, consultant is elevated to a status of proven and they work hard(er) to find future work for you. That did not happen for me. Never mind they also proclaimed they would actively search for you prior to contract completion so you are not left stranded and again that did not happen.

2. Company proclaims that they are in the relationship building business, yet despite successfully completing a contract, I fell off the map with every MTAR.

3. While on contract, the company proclaims to want to hear about your experiences, yet either get no feedback or criticism for bringing up comments in a politically correct tone. Which all but shouts to the consultant we don't want to hear about problems, just deal with them.

Advice to Management

Be more honest with consultants. Telling someone specifics only to backtrack or act like I wasn't paying attention when I most certainly was, is unprofessional. Putting the level of effort and professionalism so that you maintain a healthy relationship with that client and I come away feeling used twice - by the client and your firm.

7. "Manager of Talent Aquisition and Retention"

Pros

Values and Mission - teamwork, discipline, and attitude aren't just values that are written up on a wall and never talked about again. They are practiced and discussed each and every day at the office which is amazing to see!

The people - incredibly driven, talented, "go getters" who not only want to succeed but want the entire office and team to succeed as well.

Rewarding and caring environment focused on growth and development!

Cons

No cons to report at this time!

8. "Manager of Talent Aquisition and Retention"

Pros

The people! I've never worked with such hard-working, motivated individuals. Everyone here focuses on treating others they want to be treated. We are a growing office, with so much potential, and the team we have in place is dedicated to making sure AIM Denver is a top-notch place to work in the area.

The leadership at AIM cares deeply about making sure employees feel valued and can be on a track for growth in their careers. I know that if I need anything, I can go to anyone in the company to offer guidance.

Cons

I have no cons with this organization!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

9. "9 months in - Great group in Denver"

Current Employee - Project Manager (Consulting) in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Project Manager (Consulting) in Denver, CO

Pros

The culture is great and team in Denver is very fun to work with. The leadership is also very flexible in terms of options for consulting - they have a 'we'll make it work' attitude, which is also evident in how projects are delivered and clients are treated. I also love the trust & high expectations. Myself and those around me excel when not micromanaged!

Cons

AIM is very established in it's Seattle base, with numerous marquee clients & deliveries (some of which you likely have on your phone.) AIM is growing a presence in the Denver market and doesn't yet have the name recognition you may prefer. But the silver lining here is that the company is growing fast and there is pride in being part of that growth.

Advice to Management

Continue to trust in your consultants and help all teams share knowledge & proven practices. Reward and recognize your thought leaders to continue to strengthen the practice areas.

10. "Best place ever"

Current Employee - mtar in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - mtar in Denver, CO

I have been working at AIM Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

amazing team atmosphere, challenging, exciting, dynamic. Very fun place to work with very supportive leaders

Cons

Can't think of anything at the moment

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

11. "Manager of Talent Acquisition and Retention"

I have been working at AIM Consulting full-time

Pros

Great people working together to achieve success. It's a fun and productive work environment, supportive of employee and consultant growth.

Cons

None that I can think of.