AIP Marketing Alliance Reviews | Glassdoor

AIP Marketing Alliance Reviews

Updated May 20, 2018

3.9
AIP Marketing Alliance CEO Rick Kisser  (no image)
Rick Kisser
  1. "Licensing/Contracting Supervisor"

Former Employee - Licensing/Contracting Supervisor in Troy, MI

I worked at AIP Marketing Alliance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some of the best people in the business to work for and with. Rick and Dave Kisser were and are the finest examples of business leaders I have ever met, as well as David Howe. Although I worked 50-hour weeks, it didn't really seem like a job because I was so familiar with the processes. Also, only working about 3 streets away from my apartment at the time was a great benefit.

Cons

Not really too many to mention, other than some of the perks we had when I first started working there were phased out after the housing bust in 2008. Other than that, I really cannot think of anything else off the top of my head.

Advice to Management

My only advice to these great bunch of guys (and gals) is to just let people do their job and they will really shine. No micromanagement needed (they never really did that with me), and always, always encourage people to do their best, as I always gave them my all.

AIP Marketing Alliance2018-05-20
  2. "Wonderful corporate culture, fun environment and fantastic management team!!"

I have been working at AIP Marketing Alliance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Culture, Management, Vision, Family owned, in business for over 35 years, employees are number 1. Wonderful corporate culture, fun environment and fantastic management team!!

Cons

We keep growing and need more office space.

AIP Marketing Alliance2018-04-22
  3. "Marketing Consultant"

I worked at AIP Marketing Alliance full-time

Pros

Great learning opportunities and a company that takes care of their employees

Cons

Hard to advance in your career. Once you're in a position there's not much room to advance higher up.

AIP Marketing Alliance2018-03-15
  4. "Growing Company, Great Culture"

I have been working at AIP Marketing Alliance full-time for more than a year

Pros

AIP Marketing Alliance has developed a strong culture of employees and built a solid foundation for many years to come. Being a part of this company for almost a year now, I've seen many positives as the company is investing in its future, its atmosphere, and most of all, its employees. I read the other posts here when applying for this position, but AIPMA has learned from its past to develop better processes, a better atmosphere, and a place where I enjoy working on a daily basis. * Management is always open to new ideas to help business * Employees have built a strong, professional culture where everyone is respected and treated fairly within a team-based atmosphere * Multiple team-building activities including off-site events and catered lunches * Flexible work/life schedule

Cons

AIPMA's culture is not reflected too well on the internet based on the current transition and upgrades to new technology. Don't let the old websites fool you as AIPMA's social media sites show more of AIPMA's true culture.

AIP Marketing Alliance2017-01-03
  5. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at AIP Marketing Alliance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Casual Fridays, Regular employee appreciation social events, Free bagels and donuts every Friday, Free coffee/tea everyday, Free lunch is also a common occurrence, Summer schedule leave at 3:00 on Fridays, Paid time off 2.5 hours for your birthday, Day after Thanksgiving is a paid holiday, Health insurance paid 100% for employees with option to add family members at employee's expense, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), 401k, Payroll direct deposit, Accommodating with schedule changes for doctor appointments and family obligations. Clean and comfortable office environment. Friendly co-workers. What's not to like?

Cons

The pros definitely outweigh the cons. I wish my commute to work was shorter. Would be nice to have paid dental, life insurance and 401k matching again.

Advice to Management

Lots of positive changes in recent years. Keep up the good work! I hope to be here another 10+ years.

AIP Marketing Alliance2015-08-13
  6. "Great Company To Work for !"

Former Employee - Broker Consultant in Troy, MI

I worked at AIP Marketing Alliance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

AIP Marketing is a family operated company that has a professional environment and high quality staff. Upper management was always willing to help me with any questions that I had about the day to day to process of the business or any other question that I had. The CEO has a open door policy for the entire team. My co-workers treated me with respect and was always their to help with what ever I needed.

Cons

The only reason why I had to leave is that my husband was promoted and we had to move to another state. If AIP ever decides to allow their employees to work remotely I will be the first to apply.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Hiring a Operations Manager and having team leads within the departments has helped AIP become a company that their employees see growth and the potential to move up within the company.

AIP Marketing Alliance2015-06-08
  7. "Would rather roll around in glass than work here."

in Sterling Heights, MI

I worked at AIP Marketing Alliance for more than a year

Pros

There is a break room. It has coffee and a fridge. Every once in a while Jimmy Johns brings in free subs.

Cons

From the time you walk in the building until you leave it. They treat everybody like crap. They don't care about their customers needs only there own.

Advice to Management

Starting from the top reevaluate the way you do business. Stop pushing things that are only good for you bottom line. Maybe give people what they need/want.

AIP Marketing Alliance2015-05-10
  8. "Stepping Stone firm"

Former Employee - Broker Consultant in Troy, MI

I worked at AIP Marketing Alliance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Understand importance of family and offer flexibility to arrive late or leave early to attend appointments and can make up to 2.5 hours a week of missed time. In the summer they provide an alternative work schedule M-Th 8:30-6:00 pm Fri 8:30-3:00pm. Fridays is casual day with a charity donation.

Cons

AIP Marketing is not a firm that will offer growth and advancement. Limited growth in current job title. The organization does not offer competitive salary to match with prior experience and current skill set. A competitive benefits package is not offered. Workflow is not evenly distributed to like titles. There is not an HR department and management at all levels to not promptly and appropriately address employment concerns if at all. Employees are allowed to interact with fellow employees as they see fit including at times fowl language and shouting. AIP does not reward, promote or recognize their outstanding employees.

Advice to Management

To move AIP in the right direction and grow the firm you must appreciate and value the employees that have dedicated themselves to that growth by offering them competitive salaries and benefit packages along with incentive programs for your marketing team. You must see your employees as your future and growth and not admin's. If this culture continues you will continue to experience high turnover and halted growth

AIP Marketing Alliance2013-12-20
  9. "Worst Employers Ever!!!"

Former Employee - Annuity Marketing Consultant in Troy, MI

I worked at AIP Marketing Alliance full-time for less than a year

Pros

None. This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. Backs are turned towards issues that are brought to their attention.

Cons

They don't care about the employees one bit. All they care about is the bottom dollar. The turnover is outrageous. Their departments are basically filled with mostly new employees. The time off is terrible, only 5 days in your first year. They don't have any benefits to offer other than health insurance, which is only for yourself. You cannot insure your family.

Advice to Management

Care about the employees a bit more and listen to what they're saying. You may have more employees that will be loyal to you.

AIP Marketing Alliance2012-07-26