AIR Worldwide Reviews

3.3
AIR Worldwide President Bill Churney
Bill Churney
Pros
Cons
  • "There are no cons that that I can think of(in 6 reviews)

• "A bit more flexibility as an option to work from home(in 6 reviews)

"Do work that matters and learn a unique business"

5.0
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at AIR Worldwide full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The work is very interesting, and ever evolving. People are great, learning opportunities abound, and the local culture is positive.

Cons

Career development and cross-pollination could be greater, organization still learning much, parent firm could invest more in salary growth, marketing, new product areas.

July 10, 2019Sr. HRBP

We appreciate the favorable comments in regards to the interesting work we do, opportunities to learn and grow, and the positive culture we have fostered here at AIR Worldwide. These are certainly things we focus on and take pride in, and we are glad to see that being acknowledged. Career development is an area of continued focus at our organization, and there are specific efforts underway to ensure we are helping employees evolve and grow in their careers. These include learning and development initiatives, manager training efforts, and mechanisms to promote mobility across our organization.

"Has a serious culture problem"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at AIR Worldwide full-time

Pros

- The work can be interesting - Great location in back bay

Cons

- Micromanagement appears to be common - Politics appears to be THE key to success - Management appears to have turned blame shifting into a sport - Decisions appear to often be made on a whim

3. "Excellent work space, Smart people"

Current Employee - Research Scientist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AIR Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

nice work environment, many smart experts work here,

Cons

Mid-level management are a little confused

"Experience is highly dependent on manager."

Current Employee - Scientist in Boston, MA

I have been working at AIR Worldwide full-time

Pros

- I had a (mostly) great experience here. I was challenged, and learned a lot in an interesting field (Catastrophe modeling) - I became a much better coder, as well as learning a lot from coworkers with various backgrounds - Good work life balance (in my group at least... again manager dependent).

Cons

-Some people don't share the same sentiment. In fact, it seems that the culture and happiness is highly dependent on manager and group dynamic. -Not a lot of opportunity for advancement, and advancement is often just a title change with little other change.

Continue reading
  5. "Cool work, somewhat clique-y, but my boss was great"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at AIR Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The nature of the work itself is incredibly interesting, and you're always challenged to develop hard skills that are transferable to other jobs/industries. My manager was one of the very few female VPs, and she was wonderful to work for - very "by the books", but fair and always pleasant. She always treated her staff equally. The work itself and that specific manager made the experience a net positive for me.

Cons

Not all employees are paid appropriately for their hard work. Cliquey atmosphere and there's definitely a problem with favoritism.

6. "Good Company With Opportunities if You Like a Challenge"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer II in Boston, MA

I have been working at AIR Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Interesting work, great people, confident in leadership, good position in the market.

Cons

Work is complicated and challenging, turnover is high, you need to actively seek out opportunities for advancement.

Continue reading
  7. "Good culture and work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at AIR Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good balance of work life in AIR Innovative company with new ideas Arium, Cyber, AnalyzeRe . Open door policy

Cons

At times should be fast in response

Continue reading

"Company does not know how to organize its teams for success"

1.0
    Current Employee - Product Team in Boston, MA

I have been working at AIR Worldwide full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have to enter 5 words here to submit the review

Cons

Management is making decisions on its own randomly without actually solving any problem. Moving teams around randomly creating lot of uncertainty among team members not just once but multiple times. Not a single satisfactory answer was given to the team for its actions.

April 29, 2019Administrator

Thank you for your comments and concern about recent decisions that were made. We empower our teams to make decisions to enable and deliver the results our clients demand. While we have been very successful in both core and new growth areas, we constantly look to improve and introspect how we operate as a team, especially in areas of new growth where clients expectations have increased exponentially. With that in mind, we believe we have acted (and communicated to the team) on the market demand and positioned ourselves to scale for future success. If you have further questions/concerns, please feel free to reach out to your manager or any member of the leadership team.

"Can't escape parent company"

2.0
    Former Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at AIR Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Unique business, some good tech

Cons

any progress at this company has been stopped by Verisk, who is slowly dragging the company down

August 27, 2018Administrator

Verisk has opened many doors for us. As you know, they even purchased two companies – Arium and Analyze Re – and put them under our control to allow us to accelerate our and their growth. And Verisk has opened the doors to synergies with their other business units that hold great longer-term promise for us. We have opportunities in front of us now that we wouldn’t otherwise have had. So while we appreciate your view on this, our perspective is different.

"Senior Scientist"

1.0
    Former Employee - Senior Scientist in Boston, MA

I worked at AIR Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

salary and benefits were pretty good. Office location is also good, fairly stable business to work in

Cons

sketchy management, not knowing what to expect need to be prepared to say yes

September 3, 2018Administrator

We appreciate your input and we're sorry your experience didn't live up to your and our expectations. We want people to speak up and we strive for transparency whenever possible.

Found 140 reviews