Cover image for AIT Worldwide Logistics

3.9
AIT Worldwide Logistics President and CEO  Vaughn Moore
Vaughn Moore

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people at this location(in 11 reviews)
  • "Customer focused, Cares for Employees(in 6 reviews)
  • "beat culture.(in 6 reviews)
  • "The company has a great family and friendly atmosphere.(in 4 reviews)
  • "there are some good people who work here and would miss thme if i were not here.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year
    Featured Review

Great Place to Work

Aug 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growing company with lots of opportunities to make a difference. Great people who are passionate in what they do. Strong company strategy.

Cons

With growth comes lots to do! Logistics in general can be stressful.

VP of HR

Thank you for your feedback. We love to hear from another happy teammate!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Aug 25, 2022 - Global Customer Account Manager in Itasca, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is employee focused and there are many growth opportunities.

Cons

None, great company, great opportunities

VP of HR

Thank you for your feedback! We love to hear from another happy teammate!

3. Join the AIT Worldwide Logistics team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Go Elsewhere

Aug 29, 2022 - Office Worker
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was a pay check, that was all

Cons

Work from home for new employees was after six months, if you were lucky, and you won't be told this in the interview. Mgmt says "they (mgmt) love coming into the office and requires everyone to do so as well" but then complains on why they can't find qualified candidates for positions that have been open for several months. Recent job postings on public job sites are actually ones that have been open for several months with new titles. Rumors were abound about moving to a new office in late 2023/2024 with enough space for three office's worth of employees so everyone will have to come into the office. Pay is 15-20% less than industry standards. Mgmt also complains about having too many meetings during the day and then dumps something on you with 15 minutes remaining in the day. 2 wks vacation for all new employees despite experience level with no roll over/cash out options. Open cubicle seating where you can see and hear everyone else, no privacy/very loud. Extremely expensive health insurance for a family as others have said. Forced to perform 10hr's of volunteer work every year which is on your yearly evaluation, probably so they can keep the "best place to work" plaque by the front door. Also forced to go to department outings after hours which, while not on your yearly evaluation, are held against you if you don't go. No work-life balance as you are expected/required to be on-call 24/7, even when you're on vacation, and they don't tell you this until after you have been working there for about a month. Foosball tables, ping pong table, air hockey table, and security camera's in the office space that aren't even hidden.

VP of HR

Thanks for your feedback. However, the picture you paint doesn't sound like what we hear from our teammates. In some roles, we do allow work from home as needed but all of our AIT stations typically are in the office - we are a people business and do our best work collaborating with one another in person. We have lots of job openings, not due to turnover, but due to growth. We are always looking for new teammates that align with our core values and enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment. Our volunteering program is a big part of our Core Values and why our AIT Cares program is so important to us. However, we only encourage our teammmates to volunteer up to 5 hours/year and it's not mandatory. If you choose to, we actually pay you for those hours to go out to your local communities and give your time/talents. It sounds like AIT perhaps wasn't the right fit for you and that's okay. We appreciate your service and wish you the best of luck in your job search!

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Cross Dock

Jul 25, 2022 - Warehouse Associate in Torrance, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Clean, organized, friendly, opportunity, growth

Cons

High turn over, software crashes

VP of HR

Thank you for your feedback! We take our background & drug screen process very seriously at AIT Worldwide. We do not hire anyone until those items are cleared; our teammates safety is our TOP priority.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Chaotic. Delusional. Unprofessional. Unhinged..

May 24, 2022 - Warehouse Worker in Torrance, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to advance if you are willing to check your morals and any sense of competence at the door.

Cons

Management knowingly allowed, facilitated and encouraged a ghetto culture (no real fault of dockworkers) in order to inject a nonsense agenda at the expense of workplace cohesion and getting the job done. They reward the oblivious and incompetent while punishing those who actually know how to get the job done. If someone has an expectation of decency or a baseline for basic competency, it couldn't POSSIBLY be that to these people. They have no notion of basic standards under the epistemic knowledge bubble in which they live. They employ thugs and are more than willing to engage in thug tactics themselves to retaliate for going against their incompetent and chaotic workplace environment, and non-existent leadership. Management has contempt for one’s time and energy. A real clown-show.

2 people found this review helpful

VP of HR

Thank you for your post. Unfortunately the picture you paint doesn't seem to align with our Los Angeles warehouse environment. We have such a great group of teammates within our warehouse team. Our average length of stay of our warehouse teammates is over 3 years. We aren't hearing a moral or ethical issue as you describe. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Sounds like perhaps AIT wasn't a fit for you. Best of luck!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great work environment

May 18, 2022 - Senior Manager, Logistics
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company core values Room for growth People Community involvement

Cons

No company is perfect! :)

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

great place to work

Jun 17, 2022 - Human Resources Assistant in Itasca, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, work morale and room for development

Cons

There is not much room for growth

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Working at AIT

May 21, 2022 - Account Receivable
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment, great leads/supervisors, relaxed work

Cons

Low pay, no room for growth

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Logistics professionals apply here!

Apr 27, 2022 - Station Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great logistics company which takes care of their people.

Cons

Be prepared to work hard.

VP of HR

Thanks for your post! So glad to hear you are enjoying working for AIT!

11. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Growing Company

Mar 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company is booming day by day. Great things going on.

Cons

Can't think of any at this time.

VP of HR

Thanks for your feedback! We are growing quite a bit. With more than a 10% year over year organic growth and growth via acquisition which is part of our global strategy, we continue to be booming :) It's an exciting time to be a part of AIT - lots of opportunities to make an impact across the organization.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 156 Reviews
</>Embed

AIT Worldwide Logistics Reviews FAQs

AIT Worldwide Logistics has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 161 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at AIT Worldwide Logistics to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, AIT Worldwide Logistics employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at AIT Worldwide Logistics. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

75% of AIT Worldwide Logistics employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated AIT Worldwide Logistics 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at AIT Worldwide Logistics to be workplace, culture, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, benefits.

Popular Careers with AIT Worldwide Logistics Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at AIT Worldwide Logistics? Share Your Experiences

AIT Worldwide Logistics logo

AIT Worldwide Logistics Careers

Cover image for AIT Worldwide Logistics

At AIT Worldwide Logistics, we continue to be a fast-growing 3PL with a robust global logistics network. We have the expertise and...More

• Culture

Company Updates

Logo

15 days ago

Company News
A big congratulations to AIT Worldwide Logistics’ Chief Financial Officer, Kory Glen, who FEI Chicago named 2022 CFO of the Year® in the Large Private Company category during their 11th annual Chicago CFO of the Year® Awards celebration on Tuesday, November 1, 2022. Kory was joined at the event by members of his team, as well as AIT's Executive Chairman and CEO, Vaughn Moore, and Chief Information Officer, Ray Fennelly.
Shared image

AIT Worldwide Logistics Photos

+ Add Photo
AIT Worldwide Logistics photo of: AIT Logo
AIT Worldwide Logistics photo of: AIT Phoenix supporting St. Jude
AIT Worldwide Logistics photo of: Adopt-A-Beach program, our LAX team spent time engaging in their community by removing more than 100 pounds of trash from Redondo Beach in California.
AIT Worldwide Logistics photo of: Teammates participate by wearing and decorating departments GOLD for National Childhood Cancer Awareness month
AIT Worldwide Logistics photo of: The Center for Enriched Living put on a fabulous event that members of our AIT team were able to participate and volunteer at!
AIT Worldwide Logistics photo of: AIT was awarded the National Defense Transportation Association’s Corporate Distinguished Service Award
AIT Worldwide Logistics photo of: AIT Worldwide Logistics had the pleasure of hosting 14 6th-8th graders by partnering with Communities In Schools (CIS) of Chicago.

Expert Career Advice

True Value Logo
True Value

3.4

Compare

Glassdoor has 161 AIT Worldwide Logistics reviews submitted anonymously by AIT Worldwide Logistics employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if AIT Worldwide Logistics is right for you.