AKE Safety Equipment Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Potter, NE
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Potter, NE

I have been working at AKE Safety Equipment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will be hard pressed to find another company that will give you every tool you need to become successful. Not only do you get a great training session when you start, you also always have a manager just a phone call away to help. These guys are very positive and will help you succeed and make you a champion.

Cons

So far I have no cons.

2. "Sales Representative"

Pros

Good product, enthusiasm about product

Cons

Training and continuation of training after you start

Advice to Management

Provide more training and allow more time before you cut off employee.

3. "AG Sales"

Current Employee - FSC in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - FSC in Columbia, MD

I have been working at AKE Safety Equipment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work if you are a sales superstar!

Cons

Products are expensive so you really need to be a sales star and know how to build value.

Advice to Management

I think the Sales Managers are the best thing AKE has to offer.

"Great job if you can sell"

I worked at AKE Safety Equipment full-time

Pros

Great product and support from management

Cons

High price no UL listing limited market

"As a rep"

Current Employee - Sales in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Lubbock, TX

Pros

Work on your time, no limits to the money you can make, and you do make alot of money if you are good at what you do.

Cons

There is not many downsides to AKE, you do alot of driving so i would recommend getting a fuel efficient pickup.

Advice to Management

Thank yall for all you do and for being so quick on the things i need.

6. "Best job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Sales Representative, Sales Manager in Midland, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative, Sales Manager in Midland, TX

I have been working at AKE Safety Equipment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1099 freedom - just like owning your own business but with all the support of a fully staffed company behind you

Cons

Can be hard to get in front of customers based on their schedules - rep needs to be good at matching his/her timing to the timing of the customer

Advice to Management

Lots of potential FSC's don't make the cut. Find a better way to screen for potential success.

7. "Hey, I am just a simple girl from Alabama!"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Dothan, AL
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Dothan, AL

I have been working at AKE Safety Equipment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company, Great core values, unlimited income opportunity, freedom, heck i could go on and on! Better pay attention!

Cons

the con would be if your looking for a free lunch, a easy ride, then this is NOT for you.

Advice to Management

none

8. "opportunity is there"

I have been working at AKE Safety Equipment full-time

Pros

Positive people to work with, they are always looking at ways to make improvements to the company. Independent to work your own schedule and create your own success.

Cons

getting in front of the people to help them

"Business Development"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

I worked at AKE Safety Equipment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

AKE was a great company to work at. The product is superior to anything else available and the opportunity to advance is real. I was able to move up through the company in the 4 years I worked there and Allen Kronebusch was instrumental in my success. Yes, the company is performance driven, but if you are a salesperson who is worth your salt you will do well. Consistent income over 6 figures each year.

Cons

Would have liked to pursue other markets, but the business is definitely there in the current strategy. This is more a personal opinion than a 'negative' as the company continues to grow at an astounding rate.

Advice to Management

I was with AKE for over 4 years and I have NEVER paid money out, nor have I seen anyone do such things. The corporate office in Rochester MN is the only location and they do not open sales offices in other areas. Training was a critical component for the success of each individual, regardless of job title, and the management team was always available to help. The National Sales Managers and Sr. National Sales Managers are on the road working with the salespeople constantly. I was provided all the training, demonstration kit, marketing collateral, product knowledge, inventory to sell, deposit slips for payments, credit card processing, etc., all of which was provided to me immediately upon completing the training. The initial interview and training was done at the facility in Rochester and in field training followed in my area immediately.

10. "Outside Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Outsie Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Outsie Sales Representative

I worked at AKE Safety Equipment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is in response to the review left on 1/26/17 under the title "office manager" - this was not my experience in any way.

My experience with AKE was 100% positive from the beginning. The recruitment and interviewing process was professional and thorough. After advancing past the initial phone interview I visited the headquarters in Rochester, MN. Hotel accommodations and travel expenses were reimbursed by AKE. While in Rochester I received 2 days of training and company history. Everyone at headquarters was top notch from the owner Allen Kronebush, HR Marybeth, Sales Support Kim - we were introduced to the whole team including marketing and warehouse. The company values and passion I witnessed at AKE is seldom seen in today's environment.

As an Outside Sales Rep I did not have to pay for any materials in my demo kit. There are no upfront costs. The company provides you with the inventory, sales material, tablet and all items to be successful. You are given a territory in you area to work.

Unfortunately due to timing and family I was not able to transition as smoothly as I had hoped. Although I only worked at AKE less than 2 months I can personally vouch for this company and employees.

I am hopeful that someday I can return to this position - this is my dream job.

Cons

My only complaint was the hardship in moving from a salary position to an independent contractor position. Allowing new Sales Rep to start part time for a defined period leading up to full time would allow talented people to transition easier and benefit both the Sales Rep and company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what works. This is a great product with great leadership and employees.

Consider allowing qualified people the ability to start part time as move from a salary job to commission job.