Cover image for AKIRA

65% Recommend to a Friend
81% Approve of CEO

Found 79 of over 303 reviews

3.8
AKIRA Owner Erikka Wang (no image)
Erikka Wang

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of AKIRA and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love my job

Nov 16, 2022 - Ops Manager in Beachwood, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers love that I can be myself here

Cons

No downside here for me love my job

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A Great Growth Opportunity

Nov 16, 2022 - Visual Operations Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love being able to have creative freedom & work with a team that is passionate about knowing & taking care of the clients. This is a different retail from any place I’ve ever worked in a positive way!

Cons

Retail is not for the week.

3. Join the AKIRA team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Akira careers

Nov 11, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun environment Theme days Openness to being yourself no matter what Bulid great relationships with customers/employees

Cons

Product is packed Customers get wild sometimes

5. 5.0

I love my Job

Nov 11, 2022 - Ops Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Akira is a very fun and energetic environment. We have fun while also working hard.

Cons

Customers can be a lot to handle.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Job review

Nov 10, 2022 - Store Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- You get what you put into the company - Your voice is always heard - Great sales culture

Cons

- Need bigger stores - Needs stores to be updated -

7. 3.0
    Former Employee

Warehouse Fulfillment

Nov 23, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy work, great exercise. Able to listen to music.

Cons

Unorganized, exhausting, messy, benefits could be better, no room for growth.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Senior Manager

Nov 8, 2022 - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Direct feedback Great people Fun atmosphere Growth opportunities

Cons

Culture is not for everyone and I love it

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Retail that doesn't feel like Retail

Nov 8, 2022 - Area Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Positive, fun, inclusive culture -Ability to engage and voice opinions/ideas freely with all members of the company -A sales culture unlike anyone else in the mall that's driven by the employees, the company invests time and money into developing top talent and sets you up for success -Opportunity to make decisions that are right for your team, store, and customer without a 12 step corporate process -Attention to your personal development and career goals with constant honest and direct feedback -Best Playlist in the mall

Cons

-Typical retail schedule, to be expected

10. 5.0

Best Job Ever

Oct 31, 2022 - Store Manager in King of Prussia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Personal Styling Interpersonal Communication Merchandise Discounts Flexible Scheduling Work and homelife balance Opportunities to grow within the company Celebrity clientele Great Energy Employees to be themselves, without any judgment. Pronouns Open line of communication with staff

Cons

More locations Our clients would love more locations on the east and west coast

11. 5.0

Great Company Culture

Oct 30, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

-AKIRA provides regular communication ; they listen to and consider new ideas. They encourage growth personally and professionally. -You work closely with upper management and are a part of weekly operations and training webinars. There are also in person trainings, which allows us to share ideas and we bring back amazing training material to develop our team. -Very through onboarding and training material. -This is a place you can call home, each location; no matter where you work has great energy and are welcoming. The team works together, celebrates wins and has a positive work environment. -We provide the best customer service possible to our clients as their personal stylists. We get to know them and maintain communication with them, this is how they continue to enjoy and shop at AKIRA. -AKIRA allows you to tap into your creative side, either for looks for your clients or visuals in the store we all share our vision within the company.

Cons

More Locations; clients let us know how much they love us but they would love more locations.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 79 Reviews
</>Embed

AKIRA Reviews FAQs

Manager professionals working at AKIRA have rated their employer with 3.8 out of 5 stars in 79 Glassdoor reviews. This is a higher than average score with the overall rating of AKIRA employees being 3.5 out of 5 stars. Search open Manager Jobs at AKIRA now and start preparing for your job interview by browsing frequently asked Manager interview questions at AKIRA.

Manager professionals rate their compensation and benefits at AKIRA with 3.9 out of 5 stars based on 79 anonymously submitted employee reviews. This is 22.9% better than the company average rating for salary and benefits. Find out more about Manager salaries and benefits at AKIRA.

65% of Manager employees at AKIRA would recommend their employer to a friend. This rating has increased by 116% in the past 12 months. Manager professionals have also rated AKIRA with a 3.1 rating for work-life-balance, 4.2 rating for diversity and inclusion, 3.9 rating for culture and values and 3.8 rating for career opportunities.