KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

50% Recommend to a Friend
63% Approve of CEO

Found 259 of over 266 reviews

3.1
AKIRA Owner Erikka Wang (no image)
Erikka Wang

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people to work with(in 13 reviews)
  • "I had nice coworkers, and my managers were like friends.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Great staff and great connections you build with clients.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Creative freedom(in 6 reviews)
  • "Friendly work environment, meet different departments of the job, advancement oppurtunities(in 5 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay starting out with little room for promotion(in 19 reviews)
  • "The District Managers do not engage with the employees in a beneficial manner that can build the company as a whole.(in 18 reviews)
  • "The management was unprofessional and childish(in 15 reviews)
  • "There is no training whatsoever.(in 11 reviews)
  • "There is absoutely no work life balance they will write you up for literally any reason.(in 8 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of AKIRA and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

POOR MANAGEMENT TEAM

Aug 6, 2022 - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun and expressive environment, meet celebrities and influencers, style and clientele

Cons

Poor management, favoritism and low pay, no work life balance, late closing hours, under staff, over working management

2. 4.0

Being A Stylist At Akira

Jul 23, 2022 - Wardrobe Stylist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is a good way to gain retail experience and customer service skills. Being a wardrobe stylist advances my communication skills with others and helps me progress at my craft.

Cons

The cons of working for this company include no benefits no sick time multiple Covid cases occurring in prejudice acts at times.

3. 4.0

Not Bad

Jul 19, 2022 - Store Ops in Cincinnati, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

fun environment, great people, fast paced

Cons

very cliquey, especially from management

4. 1.0

Unrealistic

Jul 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay Hours Bathroom Lunchroom Parking lot

Cons

Management Breaks Goal requirements Material shortage Wear and tear on your body

5. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Modern day sweatshop/traphouse

Jun 30, 2022 - Warehouse Associate in Bolingbrook, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Been sitting for an hour can't think of one.

Cons

Poor management, no pto, no paid holidays, employees smoke weed at work, discrimination, sweatshop, no "real" HR, favortism, unprofessional, high turnover rate, good workers not valued, (unless your of a certain race) fake management pretend to care will stab you in the back.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Enjoyed

Jun 23, 2022 - Sales Associate/Key Holder in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Discount and friendly coworkers enjoyed my time

Cons

The pay could’ve been better for the job

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Ownership Heaven

Jun 18, 2022 - District Education Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company leads with Servant Leadership from the top to the bottom. From the owners to the district managers they are all in the trenches with their people when they are in store. The support you get from the senior leaders is amazing and unlike any other retail company I have ever worked for. The leadership skills you gain from this job will not only help you in you professional like but also in personal life as well. You learn how to make people work hard for you, how to create magic morale in your businesses and how to think and act like an owner. I have worked for the company for 9 years and seriously would change a thing. What I have gained from this job and to be able to grow and create my own position is truly so rewarding and unreal. I would have been here if the owners and my senior leader didn’t push me everyday to be a better leader. If you are looking for a place where you don’t have to be a robot and you can truly be your authentic self, this is the home for you. If you are wanting to be challenged and try out a very different but fun side of retail this is the job for you! The best part of this company is the PEOPLE for sure the people I get to work with on a daily basis truly inspire me to want to be a better leader every for them ! This is definitely very different from corporate structured retail but I would never go back. I truly love and value my job every single day.

Cons

Just basic cons of working a retail job but all come with the territory we are in. There is not much I can say the way AKIRA focuses on morale and culture within the stores is unreal and incredible.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee

Nice working environment, but salary is not ideal

Jun 16, 2022 - Web Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Dog friendly office People are nice

Cons

Salary is below average Office surround area is not that safe although it has own parking lot

9. 1.0

They set you up to fail

Jun 15, 2022 - Buying Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have parties a lot.

Cons

They claim to support diversity and inclusion but that is not shown when you work there. The office is loud and dirty, they let children and dogs run around without supervision. People are constantly being fired or quitting.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0

Dog Friendly and Fun!

Jun 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Corp Office is Dog Friendly and most of the team is great to work with! WFH options are sometimes available

Cons

Location is not ideal for CTA

Viewing 1 - 10 of 259 Reviews
</>Embed

AKIRA Reviews FAQs

AKIRA has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 266 reviews left anonymously by employees. 50% of employees would recommend working at AKIRA to a friend and 39% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, AKIRA employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at AKIRA. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

50% of AKIRA employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated AKIRA 2.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 2.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at AKIRA to be workplace, culture, coworkers and the cons to be career development, benefits, management.