76% would recommend to a friend
(943 total reviews)
93% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "There are so many great and talented people and to get a chance to work with several people on different teams is a big plus." (in 192 reviews)
- "Company culture is good, the NYC office is smaller, so you get to know almost everyone." (in 59 reviews)
- "Creative Teams are great" (in 40 reviews)
- "Good benefits and well" (in 25 reviews)
- "Great colleagues and studio culture!" (in 22 reviews)
- "People who have good relation with management will always be appreciated." (in 48 reviews)
- "Long hours and remuneration not great." (in 40 reviews)
- "there is no leadership so JR members of the company and those with senior titles continually blame one another instead of working as a team to accomplish goals." (in 35 reviews)
- "Low pay and lots of down time." (in 28 reviews)
- "No work life balance needs improvement" (in 27 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of AKQA and is not affected by filters.
Found 943 of over 1K reviews
Updated Nov 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Aug 25, 2023Sr. DirectorFormer Employee, less than 1 yearWashington, DC
I worked with AKQA on a high-profile client and had repeated exposure to the senior leadership team. I found them to be high integrity, high empathy and high collaboration. Decisions were made for the greater good and really out their people first. Having been at many agencies this was a pleasant surprise.
No real cons. Worked on a team of mixed AKQA vets and new hires and felt like they embraced new thinking and ways of working.
- 5.0Nov 29, 2023Executive Creative DirectorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
great people, remote work, I loved my team
creative reputation not what it used to be, but still innovative, smart people
- 2.0Aug 11, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsAtlanta, GA
Exciting clients Great PTO and company holidays
Not a very team-oriented culture. Most people solely look out for their own interest. Bill clients for hours not actually worked. Too many "Senior" people on each engagement, resulting in too many cooks in the kitchen on projects. Organization is new to Product Management, and there is conflict between Strategy and Product disciplines. Very poor leadership in a variety of departments, but not all bad. Just depends who you report to.1AKQA Response4mo
Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry that to learn this was your experience while with us. We place our employee experience at the heart of all that we do and as such, are constantly looking to improve the collaboration within our teams and creating opportunities for all our people. We have made significant advancements in how we leverage our differing capabilities and roles within our team and continue to invest in the future of our team model. We remain deeply committed to employee development and will continue that focus on development to set them up for long term success in their careers here at AKQA. If you are interested in discussing further, I would welcome the discussion. Please do reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4.0Oct 2, 2023Senior StrategistFormer EmployeeSan Francisco, CA
-Encourage you to pursue your passion, and you can often find an outlet for it at AKQA SF
-Not everyone has a good experience. It's clear that management doesn't invest in everybody.AKQA Response2mo
Hi, Thank you so much for providing your feedback on your time at AKQA. I’m sorry that your experience wasn’t as positive as it is with others. We work hard to provide opportunities for all of our team – enabling people to work across multiple projects for clients within different industries, offering formal and informal training/learning & development programs, as well as supporting people’s passions and our various ERGs. If you’re open to it, I would love to speak with you directly to discuss how your experience could have been enhanced. Please feel free to reach out any time to me at Kristin.email@example.com. Kristin Goto, Managing Director.
- 2.0Sep 14, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearWashington, DC
Smart and brilliant employees. Parental leave was a plus
No real leadership, but that was awhile ago and things may have changed
- 4.0Sep 5, 2023Project ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsNew York, NY
A lot of really great growth opportunities for someone recently graduated Great work life balance
Poor management at the agency
- 2.0Jul 18, 2023User Experience DesignCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearWashington, DC
Great client, engaging work, knowledgeable project team, decent pay
This is specifically for the DC Studio: poor and antiquated leadership, non-transparent HR, lack of onboarding, non-commital, egotisticalAKQA Response5mo
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. As a leadership team who make a concerted effort to communicate transparently and support our employees, this is difficult feedback to hear. We actively seek insight from employees to evolve our ways of working, which recently drove an entire day of content during our all studio gathering in May. Our clients and employees wouldn’t stay with us as long as they do if we weren’t continually looking for ways to improve our processes, work, and culture. We encourage you to share feedback directly with any number of leads in the DC studio; your manager, department head, HR lead and I will all be open to your input and critique. Thank you. Erik Rogstad firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5.0Jul 17, 2023Client DirectorCurrent Employee
Great people. Everyone knows what they're doing. Teams are staffed well. The accounts are well managed and people have a good work life balance. Management is fair and very experienced
Staff are often very senior. Not really a con. But would love more young talent on the team
AKQA Reviews FAQs
AKQA has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 1,090 reviews left anonymously by employees. 76% of employees would recommend working at AKQA to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
76% of AKQA employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated AKQA 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.