ALDI Reviews in Batavia, IL | Glassdoor

3.2
ALDI Jason Hart
Jason Hart

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Excellent pay and benefits package (in 193 reviews)

• Great pay depending on your location (in 299 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance can be difficult at times (in 196 reviews)

• No Work life balance, very physically demanding job ; alot of people have back pain or work related injuries (in 62 reviews)

1. "A Company with Integrity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Batavia, IL

I have been working at ALDI full-time

Pros

Great pay, benefits, high level of integrity, and treats employees well

Cons

Limited number of casual dress days (1/month)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

2. "Over worked, under paid"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Batavia, IL

I have been working at ALDI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people here in the office, Batavia Divusion, are for the most part very nice. They match 401K so that's nice.

Cons

The management sucks. They do not listen to your suggestions and don't allow growth even when needed. You do not need a degree for any position in the office either. If you went to school, don't waste your time here. It's easy work and won't challenge you.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees more and listen to them when they're looking for more. Otherwise you'll lose them

"If you get hurt at Aldi get attorney ..!!!"

Current Employee - Manager in Batavia, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Batavia, IL

I have been working at ALDI full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

None none none none zero

Cons

You never have a time to be with your family, you wil miss a lot of kids baseballs, soccer,summer picnics.... if you need specific day off good luck!!! They want you to be available from 6am until 10pm 7 days a week 365 day no Question asked... If you are managet the alarm company can call you anytime day or night and you have 2 go back to store... if store looses electricity you can be there 24hours plus working with flashlights and even that is not going to be good enough...
    Please don't give this company your time...!!!!!!!
    They don't care for there hard working employees.

Advice to Management

Please get realistic

"Great company overall with room for improvement"

Current Employee - Corporate Buying Assistant in Batavia, IL

I have been working at ALDI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stable, growing and positive company culture. Lots of hardworking and smart people, no matter the level. Never a dull moment, management role models high expectations of themselves as leaders and nearly all clearly demonstrate desire to grow your team, co-workers all work hard and are supportive, culture is professional. Pay and benefits are great. Expectations are clear and high level of initiative is expected.

Cons

Can feel micromanaged and inflexible at times. There are an incredible amount of little rules such as not being allowed to hang your sweater on your chair and where your computer monitor must be placed. Work hours are touted as 'flexible' but this is not accurate. The only flexibility I've experienced was initially getting to pick my start time from one of three options - 7:30, 8 or 8:30 am. After this choice, your hours are the same each and every day. Additionally, there are no options to make up hours by staying late or coning in early or on a Saturday, if by chance you needed to leave early to get the the dentist, for example. You cannot take a half day vacation, so if you need to leave at noon, you have to use an entire's day vacation. Contrarily, we are expected to be flexible for the corporation and move our desks with little notice. This has happened to my team twice in less than a year and other teams also.

Often workload hours exceeds allowed working hours. I've seen many assistants in tears over not getting something done within the strict hours. I don't mind extra hours this at all and at the corporate level I expect to have to put in overtime. But, being classified as an hourly employee means it is unacceptable to stay late as it creates an overtime pay situation. I would prefer to be salaried and be trusted to manage my hours professionally. Sometimes you want to finish a project when you're 'in the zone' or to get a jump on something coming up. Or, sometimes you just feel like working!

There is no opportunity to advance within the company. You are forever and assistant in any department with rare exception. Thus it follows suit that there is no leadership training or professional development training for any level below director. You are a grinder. This leads to discouragement, burnout and high turnover.

Advice to Management

Relax a little. Increase flexibility with work hours and use of time off, create more opportunity for promotion and professional growth, and trust people you hired to be professional to manage their productivity professionally.

I'd like to see management expect some assistants to outgrow their roles and groom them to grow into another position with the company. Instead, assistants are burned up and turned out at a high rate. There is no carrot, so they leave. Give them a carrot or a whole bunch! Otherwise each commodity is starting over so often the quality of the products will stay stuck in a loop to a certain extent and lack of progress leads to lack of growth. Time and money invested in training the assistants is wasted.

"I love what I do, but not the company culture."

Current Employee - Corporate Buying Assistant in Batavia, IL

I have been working at ALDI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced, never boring, and all of your fellow assistants are always more than willing to help each other out. I also really love the values here and that we are working to source quality ingredients at a much lower cost to the consumer.

Cons

I completely disagree with the corporate culture. They prefer to employee people that do not have their own opinions about things, and seem to only promote those that are willing to be brown-nosers; even if they don't possess the required experience or competencies.

"Amazing place to work with great people!"

Current Employee - District Manager in Batavia, IL
    Current Employee - District Manager in Batavia, IL

I have been working at ALDI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Aldi provides excellent benefits which include but are not limited to: great health insurance (vision, medical, and dental). In addition, the DM role allows you to learn a lot of grow both personally and professionally! No one day is the same which keeps the job exciting and challenging. Aldi is a growing company

Cons

None. The job isn't for everyone! But if you're looking for an exciting job that challenges you and are willing to put in the hard work, the investment is so much greater long term. You can totally be fulfilled in a career at Aldi if you're the right fit.

"Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Batavia, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Batavia, IL

I worked at ALDI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people. Training ok, a little scattered hard to place everything together until your working. Hours suck unless you get the AM shift.

Cons

Your job is micromanaged, boring, and constantly on review. Customers do not know they are calling customer service/ call center. Hard to find what customers are looking for. They will contest your unemployment if they fire you and they will lie if they have to.

Advice to Management

Get managers to do a reality check.

"CORPORATE - No Opportunity for Promotions Within"

Former Employee - Assistant Buyer in Batavia, IL
    Former Employee - Assistant Buyer in Batavia, IL

Pros

Great Experience
    Dependable schedule
    Effective stepping stone for career as a buyer

Cons

No opportunity for promotions within the company
    Limited incentive for good performance
    Increasingly demanding work load
    Inconsistent management

"Very stuffy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Batavia, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Batavia, IL

I worked at ALDI full-time

Pros

Pay and benefits
    Clean office environment

Cons

Management is very stuffy and you are just another bee in the hive
    If you do not start as a District Manager, your odds of success are non-existent

Advice to Management

Don't take yourself to seriously because you are just a number. Make the time spent there peaceful and real rather than fake

10. "Great environment, and great pay"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Batavia, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Batavia, IL

I have been working at ALDI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Pay
    Great environment
    Great benefits
    Monday - Friday with weekends off, paid holidays and vacation time.

Cons

Sometimes the supervisors are not always on the same page.

Showing 42 of 2,228 reviews