ALDI Employee Reviews about "no work life"
Updated Nov 30, 2021
Found 807 of over 12K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Help me with my struggle! I'm in Oklahoma, and an avid Aldi shopper. Prior to COVID, my favorite merlot was routinely stocked there - under $6 a bottle and better than many $30 bottles I've had. It was by Burlwood Cellars. Sadly, supply chain issues have apparently done a number on Aldi's wine selection and it's not carried there anymore. I've searched high and low for a comparable merlot, but to no avail. So I need alternate suggestions or better still, somewhere I can buy my old fav.
Got a burning question about ALDI? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with ALDI employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "You have good pay which is decent and also get to interact and learn how ti use some equipment" (in 2130 reviews)
- "Benefits are great and you’re going to need them because your body will be wrecked." (in 894 reviews)
- "The people I worked with were really great and made the environment much better to work in." (in 285 reviews)
- "Salary was good and always an option to work overtime" (in 276 reviews)
- "All staffs are friendly and helpful" (in 153 reviews)
- "treated quite poorly by Managers and made to work long hours sometimes up to 12 hours" (in 600 reviews)
- "No work life balance Very physical No permanent day off Need to be available 7 day as week" (in 570 reviews)
- "the management is poor and rude" (in 472 reviews)
- "District managers have extremely high turnover so you wind up having multiple district managers all the time." (in 303 reviews)
- "Most district managers are fresh out of college and barely make it through their store runs and expected to lead tenured managers." (in 158 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of ALDI and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "no work life"Return to all Reviews
- Current Employee★★★★★
Good money but you are just a number.Oct 20, 2020 - Store Assistant in Southend, ScotlandRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great pay and benefits with friendly co workers
Managers don’t care how Ill you may be and how much of a life you have outside of work.
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★
Face paced work, great pay and benefits.Dec 7, 2014 - Shift Manager/CashierRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great pay, full benefits including medical, vision, dental insurance and 401k. Many opportunities to advance. Great workout! Environmentally responsible, recycling and reducing waste is a big plus!
Usually, at the store I worked in, there were only two to three people on the clock at all times. There is a lot of work to be done, long hours. It is stressful due to only having one other employee working with you. Hard to balance home and work life due to constantly having to work beyond scheduled hours.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
No work life balanceSep 2, 2022 - Store Assistant in Loughborough, EnglandRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good development opportunities Plenty of hours
Lack of mental health support Working 50 hours a week with a mix of morning and night shifts meant no work/life balance
- Former Employee★★★★★
JobJul 29, 2021 - Store ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Pay was very good. Just words to meet the word count blah blah blah blah
Work life balance in your place is fine and I just have a lot going in
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★