ALE Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

ALE Solutions CEO Robert Zimmers
Robert Zimmers

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The work is fast paced and intense, keeping in mind that you are helping people in need, so compassion is key (in 9 reviews)

• Great group of people to work with (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • You may have to work over the weekend or nights since the company has to be open 24/7 (in 4 reviews)

• There are no downsides to working at ALE (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Folio specialist for over a year"

Current Employee - Folio Specialist in Saint Charles, IL

I have been working at ALE Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leads and supervisor are always willing to help and go the extra mile if you are confused or need clarity on any task. The room for growth within the company i can't put into words. They ask your input on imprivememts and easier ways of doing things. Great work schedule and offered OT! The folio department are a family of its on!

Cons

If you don't like change you don't want to work here. Things are always changing and being tested out. sometimes tough to grasp so many changes at a given time.

Advice to Management

Continue doing a great job your work and efforts are appreciated.

May 8, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! ALE Solutions is pleased to hear you have enjoyed your time within the organization and the frequent career advancement opportunities offered. We are always looking for... More

2. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at ALE Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

ALE Solutions truly cares about their employees!

Cons

There are no downsides to working at ALE. It's never the same day twice and I am always learning new things.

Jun 8, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

We are pleased to hear you have enjoyed your eight years at ALE Solutions!! ALE is definitely a place where no two days are alike and developmental opportunities are endless. We look forward to... More

"Interesting St. Charles-based Company"

Former Employee - Landlord Relations Coordinator in Saint Charles, IL
    Former Employee - Landlord Relations Coordinator in Saint Charles, IL

I worked at ALE Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interview process was managed well--clearly a company that doesn't discriminate based on age, gender or race. HR and training team are great. The work is fast paced and intense, keeping in mind that you are helping people in need, so compassion is key. The job and work were exactly what was described to me in the interview process so no surprises. The employees are very nice and helpful to each other.

Cons

In my opinion the compensation was a bit too low for the level of responsibility and volume of work. The company has grown rapidly and keeping up with technology seems to be a challenge.

Advice to Management

Management is great, I'd say that the bigger challenge is keeping ahead of technology and considering the data needs of all teams.

May 30, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you so much for your feedback! It's nice to hear you enjoyed your time with ALE Solutions. We take pride in the training and development program offered to both employees and our management... More

4. "Folio Department"

I worked at ALE Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Human Resource department is very helpful and knowledgeable. They are willing to take the time to look into current issues within a specific department.

Cons

My advise to management is please do not hire people who have extensive educational background when you are not prepared to compensate them properly. I would strongly advise developing a training program for new supervisors as there is obvious lack of knowledge in this area. If you continue to pick favorites and have lack of respect for your fellow employees you will continue to loose people to other departments or even outside the company.

May 24, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback! We are pleased to hear you were satisfied with the Human Resources team. ALE Solutions does have an extensive management training program, organized by our Corporate... More

"0/5 Stars"

Former Employee - Long Term Housing in Saint Charles, IL
    Former Employee - Long Term Housing in Saint Charles, IL

I worked at ALE Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros worth noting as the cons far outweigh them.

Cons

The hardest part about working for this company was trying to come to terms with the expectation to be deceptive- Not only to the clients, but to your co-workers and managers as well. They preach this idea of a "home-grown, family oriented" company, but in reality it's a game of nepotism.

Advice to Management

Stop playing the "small business" card when it's convenient for you and the "corporate" card when it's not.

Jun 2, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

"Wouldn't recommend"

Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Saint Charles, IL
    Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Saint Charles, IL

I worked at ALE Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The department I was in was fairly laid back. They didn't micromanage, which was nice. Company culture was good and ALE works hard to maintain that.

Cons

Pay is way below industry standards. Benefits are average. Company doesn't offer short term disability which would have been nice to have.

Advice to Management

Advice would be more towards HR. Better benefits and pay would have made me stay with the company.

Feb 28, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback and love to hear you valued our culture and enjoyed the management style displayed within the accounting department. We will take into consideration your concerns... More

7. "A great place to start a career"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Saint Charles, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Saint Charles, IL

I have been working at ALE Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a great place to start a career. They encourage creativity and personal growth.

Cons

The pay is definitely below average

Advice to Management

Pay us better to keep us longer

Nov 29, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your input! We are pleased to know that you have found ALE Solutions a place where you feel invited to contribute your creative thinking as well as grow your career! We will take your... More

"Folio Specialist"

Current Employee - Folio Specialist in Saint Charles, IL

I have been working at ALE Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing coworkers creates a very nice environment to work in. Prior to the new supervisor arriving in August of 2016, folio department had a very laid back feeling and there was a lot of flexibility in your work schedule, (since August, this has pretty much been completely reversed, though). As corny as they were, the holiday themed activities and parties are actually very fun and gives you something to look forward to. They throw one heck of a Christmas party!! Good benefits.

Cons

I've been in the folio dept for over a year now learned that the hotel dept and folio dept are nothing but glorified call centers. This job was a great learning experience, but the overwhelming levels of micromanagement, large amount of time spent clerking/performing menial tasks, and horrible new supervisor have led me to advise any potential candidates that they are much better off waiting for an offer for a job that can lead to a career. Low Pay.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees. Your lack of respect/trust and incredible micromanagement creates a sense of disconnect between management and the rest of the office and makes your employees feel like they have no responsibility. This makes any job in the folio dept not feel like a legitimate career option, as made evident by the high turnover rate in folios.The supervisor also needs to learn how to speak to the entire office. Anytime an announcement is made, it is done so thru email or by a different member of management that is able to stand up in front of the entire office. Even when entering her current role as supervisor, at no time did she stand up in front of her employees and give a brief speech. This further creates a large sense of disconnect that seriously jeopardizes her relationship with those working below her.

Nov 30, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you have enjoyed the environment and your co-workers. We strive to create a fun, professional work environment with celebrations and activities for the... More

"Depends on what you are looking for"

I worked at ALE Solutions full-time

Pros

Flexible with times, understanding, relaxed, sometimes free food.

Cons

Very loud environment, not an opportunity to grow in career, boring, limits your skills.

Dec 8, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback. We are happy you found ALE to be very flexible and understanding as we strive to be a company that cares. We understand the work environment can be noisy, however, the... More

10. "Client Services"

Former Employee - Client Service Specialist in Saint Charles, IL
    Former Employee - Client Service Specialist in Saint Charles, IL

I worked at ALE Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ALE is a phenomenal company to work for in that they are team-oriented, positive and growing insanely fast. Client services manager is an Angel, she's empowering, kind and structured. She's a woman you'd want to work hard for.

Cons

Overall, the staff are underpaid and overworked, especially in the hotel and client services dept. Because the company is growing so quickly, employees working in the more time-sensitive departments, end up spending too much time putting out fires from mistakes and missed tasks, rather than being supported and well managed enough to get their jobs done efficiently and correctly. They just need more people, and to pay the ones that stay better, so that the stress of growth doesn't push them out.

Advice to Management

Favoritism will kill any chance of you really celebrating and recognizing the less charismatic, though incredibly loyal, and hard working individuals that are the backbone of your company. Spend time reading files, and actually see whose helping and taking time for your customers, not you.

Nov 23, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to offer valuable feedback regarding your experience working for ALE Solutions. The company is pleased to know you had such a positive experience working with your... More