AMC Entertainment Reviews
64% would recommend to a friend
(5167 total reviews)
57% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Not many benefits besides free movies with stipulation and half off food only while you work." (in 979 reviews)
- "This job provides flexible hours and you can usually find someone to take your shift or someoneelse's shift to take." (in 239 reviews)
- "The coworkers are great and it makes going to work not as dreadful knowing that you will get to chat with friends all day." (in 239 reviews)
- "Met some great people and I was always up to date when it came to watching new movies." (in 238 reviews)
- "Flexible schedule good first job" (in 157 reviews)
- "No tips Low pay Barley any raises and when you do get one it’s low" (in 530 reviews)
- "Poor management can make the whole place go down" (in 396 reviews)
- "Guests can actually be incredibly rude and demanding especially when managers are unorganized" (in 194 reviews)
- "Overly demanding job for the benefits provided as too much responsibility is placed in the hands of minimum wage workers." (in 104 reviews)
- "Minimum wage, little hours, working with drama loving teenagers, it's definitely not for older people unless they're desperate for a second job." (in 93 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of AMC Entertainment and is not affected by filters.
Found 5,167 of over 5K reviews
Updated Dec 6, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Aug 28, 2023CrewFormer Employee, less than 1 yearTampa, FL
Chill, laid back environment and everyone is friendly and nice.
The pay is really minimal
- 4.0Nov 27, 2023Crew MemberFormer Employee, less than 1 yearTustin, CA
The coworkers are the best aspect to the job and the fact that you learn to grow thick skin. It is a good job to grow in customer service and learning how to work with different people
Downside is that customers can be very rude to you. However fortunately with my coworkers and supervisors they made it better and easier to deal with. The pay is low and there is no opportunity for full time. You can burnout quickly
- 5.0Dec 2, 2023Crew LeaderFormer Employee, more than 3 years
It's an awesome job to work if you're in high school or university. Usually flexible schedule with no intense mind-boggling duties.
There's a lot of walking depending on the size of the theatre, but that's really not that bad.
- 5.0Dec 1, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearHampton, VA
I enjoyed working with these coworkers.
There weren’t many aside from movies are spread throughout the day, in waves of sort, and people would come in waves as well.
- 5.0Nov 25, 2023SupervisorCurrent Employee
Health benefits Plenty of hours Flexibility Opportunity for promotions Free movies Concession discounts
Pay High turnover Long hours on feet
AMC Entertainment Reviews FAQs
AMC Entertainment has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 5,248 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at AMC Entertainment to a friend and 44% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
64% of AMC Entertainment employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated AMC Entertainment 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.