KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

AMC Entertainment

Is this your company?

AMC Entertainment

Add a Review

AMC Entertainment Employee Reviews about "free movies"

Updated Jan 24, 2021

Found 1,714 of over 3,974 reviews

3.5
AMC Entertainment CEO and President Adam Aron
Adam Aron
Pros
  • "the benefit to watch free movies(in 1719 reviews)

• "free popcorn, free movies, nice people(in 283 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Job pays minimum wage to start off with(in 280 reviews)

• "sometimes long hours into the night(in 159 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of AMC Entertainment and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "free movies"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Good Job

Dec 27, 2020 - Film Crew
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun atmosphere. Free movies and popcorn.

Cons

Can be boring at some times.

2. 3.0
      Current Employee

Hard job

Jan 9, 2021 - Sales Associate in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are AMAZING if you’re a movies fan. Free movies, free popcorn, and A-list tier rewards benefits. You can get free candies if they get damaged and you can take old annual buckets or movie special tins and other merch for free. They give out posters a lot as well. You can also take your own cup inside for slushies and drinks.

Cons

Being on floor can be a nightmare with back to back drops, cleaning bathrooms, restocking soda machines and bathrooms, cleaning the lobby, and just running around all the time. There’s been times where i walked 5-6 miles in one 6hr shift on floor and couldn’t walk for a day after because I was so tired. Covid didn’t really help because they added food delivering and sanitization to the job description which just made it a lot more overwhelming. Concessions can be really fun if you’re good under pressure and good with dealing with angry customers because THERE ARE AAAA LOOTTT. The movies is a very expensive business and almost no one who comes up to the register is happy about paying that much money for food and drinks so they WILL take it out on you. I’ve been yelled out more than I can count and one time I just burst out crying because they were so mean and for comparison,,, I am NOT an emotional person and I don’t cry frequently. So, if you’re thinking of working here, really think about your mental health. I am considering moving jobs right now and I’m trying to weigh if I’m ready to lose the benefits because movies is kind of my main hobby. Hope this helps.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

depends...

Dec 1, 2020 - Team Member in Torrance, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

free movies, discounts, people who work there are typically cool, and the work can be super fast paced especially on weekends

Cons

The one I worked at was super messy I mean, it was known for being the worst AMC because of the area and they type of people we brought in. To my friends who ended up moving up but at different theatres, they heard from their new co-workers how we were the "bad" theatre. It had good memories but definitely some interesting folks. You have to deal with annoyed teenagers when they dont have an ID and want to watch a movie or people mad about Fandango giftcards? (Literally not logical because we are totally seperate from Fandango lol)

Continue reading
    4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great time

Aug 26, 2020 - Manager in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

free movies discounts great coworkers flexible hours

Cons

late nights/weekends & holidays are a must A LOT of cleaning rude guests

Continue reading
    5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

An interesting, sometimes intense work environment with a large staff and fun work experiences.

Dec 4, 2020 - Crew Lead in Levittown, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Multiple positions, choice to work in specific areas you prefer, a lot of staff and you get to know a lot of people, free movies

Cons

Unsanitary work environments are part of this job no matter what, cleaning mess, bathrooms, spills. The management and floor staff are sometimes far apart and there is sometimes a disconnect but, not often.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Loved my job--coworkers matter

Nov 27, 2020 - Crew Member
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a great job for people who are social, made even better if you have a good crew you work with. Mine was very tight, and we remain close years later. Free movies are an amazing perk, and my management had my back

Cons

People can be rude, especially about costs, and not everyone can brush that off. Pay is low, and working holidays and weekends is required.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work part time

Dec 16, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Hours. Free Movies, Discounted food makes it cheaper then going out to get dinner (great affordable dates).

Cons

Pay is minimum wage. Customers will always be rude and messy. Shifts are sometimes pretty long and demanding during busy season.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee

It was fun... but closing

Jan 11, 2021 - Crew
      Business Outlook

Pros

Watching free movies Meeting new people Fun work environment Premiere cards

Cons

Extremely long close list depending on location Too much for pay :/

9. 5.0
      Former Employee

What you put in is what you get out

Jan 8, 2021 - Server/Waiter in Edison, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Communication skills, Sales skills, money management, free movies

Cons

Long shifts, Inconsistent, very fast paced environment

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing place to work

Jan 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

free movies , good environment , great training.

Cons

smelling like popcorn when you get home.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,714 Reviews