AMERICAN CONTRACTING AND ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 18, 2017

4.5
Jim Voltz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Assistant Project Engineer"

Former Intern - Assistant Project Engineer
    Former Intern - Assistant Project Engineer

I worked at AMERICAN CONTRACTING AND ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people who are passionate about their job, mentors who are always available for questions, competitive company in the wastewater industry, upper management is constantly looking to improve the company.

Cons

As a summer intern, I felt as there was not enough work some days to keep me occupied. If working in the field be prepared for early long commutes.

2. "Engineering Co-Op/Intern"

Former Intern - Engineering Co-Op/Intern in Columbia, MD
    Former Intern - Engineering Co-Op/Intern in Columbia, MD

I worked at AMERICAN CONTRACTING AND ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Everyone I worked with was a lot of fun. I was given the responsibilities of a Project Engineer and was always thanked for my work. I enjoyed my time there and would recommend it to anyone interested in construction

Cons

Be prepared to wake up early! But that's just how it goes at construction sites: Start the day early and end the day early, which is nice to have the afternoons to yourself.

3. "Review for Project Engineer"

Pros

The management seems very friendly and makes you comfortable. The type of work the company does is also very interesting and challenging. They also offer various career and skill development opportunities that help you to improve your abilities.

Cons

There are none that I can think of now.

4. "Project Engineer-Co-op"

Pros

Company treats co-ops like full time employees, great atmosphere and very little typical internship work.

Cons

I do not have any cons about the job.

5. "Estimator/Engineer"

Current Employee - Estimator in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Estimator in Columbia, MD

Pros

Great working environment. Will allow you to fast track your career. Plenty of opportunity with a growing company. You have the ability to grow with the company. You feel like you are part of something and that your job matters. Management is always available to lend a hand. President and Vice President do a good job of continuing to monitor project status.

Cons

Company is still growing and occasionally goes through some of the growing pains associated with a smaller company. Nothing glaring.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

6. "ACE"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at AMERICAN CONTRACTING AND ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will work on some interesting projects. Theyre a competitive bidder and will get you projects.

Cons

Its a small company so, the headaches of securing rental equipment, talking to vendors, dealing with subcontractors, and the day to day field management will all fall on you.