AMLI Residential Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
AMLI Residential Chairman and CEO Greg Mutz
Greg Mutz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Upper Management has shown genuine interest in my individual career growth (in 11 reviews)

• Great benefits, great salaries, great company (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management blows and does not no what they are doing (in 8 reviews)

• Underpaid, Majority of time is customer service and you sell in-between (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Company I Have Worked For!!"

Current Employee - Housekeeper in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Housekeeper in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AMLI Residential full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hello AMLI family,
    I have worked for this company for over 25 years. I am very thankful to be working for them for so long, and am beyond belief that they are the reason why I am doing well. When I first started working for AMLI I was one of few foreign-born workers. After all these years I have managed to become a citizen, raise a family, send all my kids to college, and become a grandmother.
    Some things that are clear is that they offer a flexible work schedules and also make the workplace kind and friendly for everybody. Jerks are not tolerated and they also emphasize good moral. Amli cares about its employees and fosters a culture that is creative and fun. They often involve family activities which just goes to show they understand people have lives outside of work. AMLI's mission inspires us to do our best. The company has a good incentive program and also rewards great customer service. Lastly, they pay a decent wage.
    Thank you!

Cons

Enforcing teamwork would be a good idea.
    When our residents notice the difference of when the apartment complexes have/have not been maintained. We should strive to have everything spotless at any given time.

Advice to Management

I believe if we worked together a little more the properties would be cleaner and make our current and/or future residents happy.

Jun 2, 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post such a terrific review. We are honored that you have been working on-site with us for over 25 years! Your tenure demonstrates your commitment to AMLI’s culture... More

2. "Leasing Professional"

Former Employee - Leasing Professional in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Leasing Professional in Austin, TX

I worked at AMLI Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Management listens to employees (even upper-management, regional, etc).
    - Amazing "AMLI fAMLI" culture which I thought was really cheesy at first, but then realized how important that is for a strong company to have. There are 70+ AMLIs in the country and you can call any of them at any time if you need something.
    - Lots of opportunities for growth, being promoted, etc.
    - Very thorough training from the start. They don't toss you into the weeds and watch you struggle. Regional manager visits often and you also fly to Dallas (depending on your region) for training as well.
    - You are recognized if you propose an idea and it's implemented
    - Even if you quit on good terms, they allow you to come back and keep all your numbers at the numbers/sales of when you left. They call it the boomerang club and make it very easy for you to join them again.
    - It's a very strong company because the locations of these apartments is prime, so you can take pride in selling a premium product.

Cons

I spent a week trying to think of some so I could complete this post....there aren't any.

Advice to Management

I honestly have no advice. The management was awesome. Was able to meet the CEO on several occasions. How many companies offer that opportunity?

Aug 22, 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. We are so pleased to read you enjoyed your work experience at AMLI and embraced our AMLI Famli culture. We hope someday you will... More

3. "AMLI fAMLI: Dis function meets Hypocrisy"

I have been working at AMLI Residential full-time

Pros

Decent Pay and some people actually care.

Cons

Management is a farce. It's honestly every man for themselves. They say they care, but honestly they only care if they can take advantage of you. Performance is under-appreciated and that has driven talent away.

Advice to Management

What you want in your culture doesn't line up with your actions or policies. Start with the people in charge and work down.

Sep 18, 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I encourage you to reach out to Human Resources to share more insight to your comments and suggestions. We look forward to hearing from you... More

4. "Excellent Management Company"

Former Employee - Human Resources Field Representative/Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at AMLI Residential full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fair to all employees; salary reviews each year and are in line with the industry; everyone is treated equally; fair chances are given to those that aren't doing well with the company; opportunity for advancement is yours for the taking if you put yourself out there to advance; Education department to help you advance. Internal promotion programs; really wonderful health benefits with programs to help you lower your costs. Many ways to earn extra money if you take advantage
    of them. AMLI executives appreciate the employees and you don't feel like an employee you feel like a part of a company that you want to help build and be a part of.

Cons

Lots of activities each month that can sometimes be overwhelming and a challenge to get finished on time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you all do, appreciate all the people out on site as they keep AMLI running smoothly and take care of the assets, have a few more programs for the maintenance teams so they are recognised and appreciated.

Jul 17, 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. So glad to know that you are retiring from AMLI on a high note. We appreciate your positive description of AMLI’s culture and our... More

"The company who does not practice what they preach."

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant

I worked at AMLI Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large management company, will train you ( for the most part) , well known company, great policies, great training department, policies are accurate, utilizes one site.

Cons

They are paid " up to date" so even if you give your full two weeks you don't get paid your full two weeks so there's no point, EVERYONE talks about EVERYONE, Half the time you'll be doing your managers work even if you aren't paid for it, everything with the company is about who you know not based on work ethic. Will hire people with no experience and they will make more than you even if you've been in the industry for 3+ years. HUGE turn over rate.

Advice to Management

What the company stands for is great. From the policies to the discounts and bonus tier program. Personally the company as far as your upper management was terrible. My manager didn't even know we had a rent payment number and has been with the company 3+ years. You should treat the employees who actually work ard better. You should also make sure your managers are doing their jobs.

Aug 14, 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It sounds like you found value in many of our programs. I hope that while you were employed, you reached out to your Regional Manager, Regional... More

"Labor not appreciated, management forms clicks and hunts down good workers. Compensation far off."

Former Employee - Service Technician in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Service Technician in Austin, TX

I worked at AMLI Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of company gigs including giving back to those in need. Platform and domain are helpful.

Cons

Benefits are terrible and are way over priced. Hard work doesnt get you anywhere. Being a badass employee only gets you somewhere if your part of the inside click. Going above and beyond doesnt matter. They dont believe in anyone under management. Theyre quick to charge a resident or violate them to impress corporate, yet maintenance feels the direct affect. Community managers can literally have no maintenance background yet make vital decisions in regards to matters as such. AMLiMART is a disaster and waste of vital time.

Advice to Management

Embody not just the mission statement. Maybe give employees a voice. Dont be one-sided. Too many unprofessional relationships amongst management makes for unfair decision making. Very judgemental of people isnt a great attribute either. The hardest worker is forgotten, while the new guy gets recognized and promoted. How bout wait 6 months before promoting. Ease up a hair. Nobody reads instructions for proper usage of toilet paper, some of these things are obvious and common sense.

Jun 16, 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am sorry that were not happy working at AMLI. We have shared your review with the Austin leadership team. Our focus on culture and... More

7. "Living A Dream"

Former Employee - Maintenance in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Maintenance in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AMLI Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Reliable income, bonus incentives, employees have a choice to live on AMLI property for a reduced rental rate.

Cons

Family?! An AMLI employees sole function is to ensure a steady rate of return on investors profits. No offerings of employee share holding and an employees retirement plan is offered in the form of a 401K which ultimately metamophosises into profits for the same entity which you are employed by. This is indeed living in a dream state. Star performers are often overlooked with the intent to undermine for the sake of those who fit in with the popular crowd, a popularity culture much likened to that in which was experienced during our times with middle and high schooling days. Strangest environment ever employed into.

Advice to Management

You are not the end all to be all for which ever property you are expected to exude integrity with during your tenure with just about any company. You are but a go-between who is reliant on your staff which is to take orders so as you may eventually receive one of many awards, thanks to those who went above and beyond company expectations.

Jun 5, 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I am sorry to read your perceptions of AMLI. We strive to provide our employees with an opportunity to develop and grow in their careers and... More

"Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AMLI Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Branding: Because of the company's image, a lot of traffic is generated based solely on the AMLI name.
    People: AMLI hires some great people from assistant community managers and below.
    Policy: AMLI has a policy for just about everything! It is a wonderful resource to find answers to most questions that you have.
    Product: Most of the AMLI communities have an awesome product. The properties that they build are always top-notch, and most of the properties that they acquire are decent.

Cons

Branding: Because of the company's promise to provide exceptional service, there tends to be an unrealistic expectation once prospects become residents. The bulk of the work is with the on-site team, and depending on how strong/seasoned the office team is, it tends to create tons of work for the knowledgeable employees.
    People: Community managers and higher are untouchable. Most workers below that title have unparalleled talent, but depending on the community manager, your full potential may not ever be reached. A lot of current employees are unhappy in their roles and there is not a real "open door" or "safe" way to report issues that are occurring on-site without being branded a problem employee.
    Facade: Don't believe everything that you hear. The AMLI FAMLI facade is typically for social events, but the real AMLI FAMLI tends to form with members of your own team, and typically the high-achievers.
    Growth: If the development team likes you, then you are good to go! Advancing in this company tends to be very political, and typically isn't based on merit. Not every new job opening is posted, and versus granting opportunities to current employees, they will typically hire new talent for the most desired positions.
    Business: If the community is generating the money that it's supposed to, then the "how" does not matter. Community managers receive most of the praise when things go well.

Advice to Management

Become more in touch and familiar with on-site operations. While this is a business, great employees take companies to the next level. Provide more growth opportunities for current employees and discuss career paths. Implement a way for employees to evaluate their service/community manager and rate their work experiences at least twice each year. While there are some awesome employees working for AMLI, there are also a great number of the opposite as well.

Jun 5, 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am sorry to read that you do not think that AMLI has an open door environment. The HR department and our management teams work with employees... More

9. "Agent"

Current Employee - Leasing in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Leasing in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AMLI Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. It is what you make of it.

Cons

Leasing agents should get a higher base pay to offset the cost of living increase across the country.

Advice to Management

Get advice on the selling process from the leasing agents who are selling(putting heads in beds) not the ones who rate high on phone shops and in person shops.

May 12, 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased that you are enjoying our work environment and culture. AMLI’s Leasing employees earn a higher earning potential with our... More

10. "Accounting Manager"

Current Employee - Accounting Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Accounting Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AMLI Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Collaborative fAMLI-like environment/culture.
    -Surrounded by smart down to earth people.
    -Make the best of your own career.
    -Great work/life balance.

Cons

No significant cons worth mentioning

Apr 24, 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased that you are having a positive work experience and value AMLI’s culture and work environment. We wish you continued success... More