AMLI Residential Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
AMLI Residential Chairman and CEO Greg Mutz
Greg Mutz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Upper Management has shown genuine interest in my individual career growth (in 12 reviews)

• Great benefits, great salaries, great company (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management blows and does not no what they are doing (in 9 reviews)

• Underpaid, Majority of time is customer service and you sell in-between (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Leasing Professional"

Former Employee - Leasing Professional in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Leasing Professional in Austin, TX

I worked at AMLI Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Management listens to employees (even upper-management, regional, etc).
    - Amazing "AMLI fAMLI" culture which I thought was really cheesy at first, but then realized how important that is for a strong company to have. There are 70+ AMLIs in the country and you can call any of them at any time if you need something.
    - Lots of opportunities for growth, being promoted, etc.
    - Very thorough training from the start. They don't toss you into the weeds and watch you struggle. Regional manager visits often and you also fly to Dallas (depending on your region) for training as well.
    - You are recognized if you propose an idea and it's implemented
    - Even if you quit on good terms, they allow you to come back and keep all your numbers at the numbers/sales of when you left. They call it the boomerang club and make it very easy for you to join them again.
    - It's a very strong company because the locations of these apartments is prime, so you can take pride in selling a premium product.

Cons

I spent a week trying to think of some so I could complete this post....there aren't any.

Advice to Management

I honestly have no advice. The management was awesome. Was able to meet the CEO on several occasions. How many companies offer that opportunity?

Aug 22, 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. We are so pleased to read you enjoyed your work experience at AMLI and embraced our AMLI Famli culture. We hope someday you will... More

2. "Loved working with the AMLI fAMLI!"

I worked at AMLI Residential full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The operations team were really leaders! They care about their coworkers :)

Cons

Most of the communities are ITP.

Jan 16, 2018 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post such terrific comments. We are glad you had such a rewarding experience working for AMLI. Thank you for your contributions during your long tenure ( over... More

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Service Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at AMLI Residential full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They are fair to employs and residents .
    Great place to work

Cons

Here is no downside get job done you get paid for every hr you working .

Dec 4, 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your positive comments. At AMLI, employees that feel valued, provide the highest level of customer service to our residents. Thank... More

4. "Love AMLI"

I have been working at AMLI Residential full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been an employee of AMLI for over 10 years. There is a reason why I have stayed. AMLI treats people with respect, celebrates successes and has integrity. I feel like I make positive contributions, have a seat at the AMLI table and am respected by upper management. The presidents and CEO know people on a first name basis. That doesn’t happen at other companies.

I appreciate the time that is taken to understand and listen to the on-site teams. (The ones who do the hardest and dirtiest jobs.)

I work with people that have heart, care about one another and celebrate a job well done. You can’t find that anywhere, but you WILL find it here. I am proud to say I work for AMLI. Always will.

Cons

None, AMLI is a great company

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

5. "Great place to work."

I have been working at AMLI Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture. Ability to move around.

Cons

Insurance too expensive and does not cover much. Not much room for advancement, they sell old properties as the new properties open so the same managers stay with them for years.

Nov 8, 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking time to post your comments. We are pleased to read that you love AMLI’s company culture. AMLI’s benefit packages offers 2 plans with full coverage, so we would like to have an... More

6. "AMLI leasing review"

I worked at AMLI Residential full-time

Pros

the work environment in a leasing office setting is as expected but better than most companies from what I hear. They do train you well and it's pay scale in comparison to other companies is much better too.

Cons

not much growth potential but you can grow through general experience.Your base can potentially increase annually but it's still not enough to consider true raise.

Oct 30, 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We hope had a positive work experience during your tenure with AMLI. AMLI’s leasing bonuses/commissions are very competitive, so our high... More

7. "Assistant Manager"

I worked at AMLI Residential full-time

Pros

- Good benefits
    - Online resources available
    - Always other people to call for help

Cons

- Not a lot of promotion opportunities
    - Red tape
    - Upper management contradicts policies

Nov 8, 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased that our employee benefits met your needs and you valued the various resources available within the AMLI organization. Please... More

8. "Excellent Management Company"

Former Employee - Human Resources Field Representative/Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at AMLI Residential full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fair to all employees; salary reviews each year and are in line with the industry; everyone is treated equally; fair chances are given to those that aren't doing well with the company; opportunity for advancement is yours for the taking if you put yourself out there to advance; Education department to help you advance. Internal promotion programs; really wonderful health benefits with programs to help you lower your costs. Many ways to earn extra money if you take advantage
    of them. AMLI executives appreciate the employees and you don't feel like an employee you feel like a part of a company that you want to help build and be a part of.

Cons

Lots of activities each month that can sometimes be overwhelming and a challenge to get finished on time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you all do, appreciate all the people out on site as they keep AMLI running smoothly and take care of the assets, have a few more programs for the maintenance teams so they are recognised and appreciated.

Jul 17, 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. So glad to know that you are retiring from AMLI on a high note. We appreciate your positive description of AMLI’s culture and our... More

"The company who does not practice what they preach."

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant

I worked at AMLI Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large management company, will train you ( for the most part) , well known company, great policies, great training department, policies are accurate, utilizes one site.

Cons

They are paid " up to date" so even if you give your full two weeks you don't get paid your full two weeks so there's no point, EVERYONE talks about EVERYONE, Half the time you'll be doing your managers work even if you aren't paid for it, everything with the company is about who you know not based on work ethic. Will hire people with no experience and they will make more than you even if you've been in the industry for 3+ years. HUGE turn over rate.

Advice to Management

What the company stands for is great. From the policies to the discounts and bonus tier program. Personally the company as far as your upper management was terrible. My manager didn't even know we had a rent payment number and has been with the company 3+ years. You should treat the employees who actually work ard better. You should also make sure your managers are doing their jobs.

Aug 14, 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It sounds like you found value in many of our programs. I hope that while you were employed, you reached out to your Regional Manager, Regional... More

10. "Best Company I Have Worked For!!"

Current Employee - Housekeeper in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Housekeeper in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AMLI Residential full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hello AMLI family,
    I have worked for this company for over 25 years. I am very thankful to be working for them for so long, and am beyond belief that they are the reason why I am doing well. When I first started working for AMLI I was one of few foreign-born workers. After all these years I have managed to become a citizen, raise a family, send all my kids to college, and become a grandmother.
    Some things that are clear is that they offer a flexible work schedules and also make the workplace kind and friendly for everybody. Jerks are not tolerated and they also emphasize good moral. Amli cares about its employees and fosters a culture that is creative and fun. They often involve family activities which just goes to show they understand people have lives outside of work. AMLI's mission inspires us to do our best. The company has a good incentive program and also rewards great customer service. Lastly, they pay a decent wage.
    Thank you!

Cons

Enforcing teamwork would be a good idea.
    When our residents notice the difference of when the apartment complexes have/have not been maintained. We should strive to have everything spotless at any given time.

Advice to Management

I believe if we worked together a little more the properties would be cleaner and make our current and/or future residents happy.

Jun 2, 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post such a terrific review. We are honored that you have been working on-site with us for over 25 years! Your tenure demonstrates your commitment to AMLI’s culture... More