AMN Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
AMN Healthcare President, CEO, and Director Susan R. Salka
Susan R. Salka

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "This is also a really great place for women" (in 23 reviews)

• "Great work life balance/ Competitive salary / great" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance is absolutely non existent" (in 11 reviews)

• "Relatively low pay and benefits are pricey" (in 21 reviews)

1. "Respiratory Therapist"

I worked at AMN Healthcare full-time

Pros

Fast and efficient with employment placement.

Cons

Sometimes pay versus cost of living in certain areas weren’t negotiable when it needed to be.

Oct 18, 2018 – AMN Healthcare Response Team

We are glad to know that you have enjoyed working with AMN Healthcare and we have read your feedback about negotiating compensation. Your comments will be shared with leadership.

2. "Talented, Caring Team!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time

Pros

Great opportunity to build your resume and work with some of the most talented, innovative and caring team members in the industry. Contributing to healthcare delivery solutions makes me feel that my job has purpose & reward beyond all the tangible benefits that come with the role.

Cons

The pace is not for everyone. Pay scale could be higher.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the internal talent pool and continue to invest in your talented employees You have a lot of loyal team members who want to keep contributing and growing their careers. Balance that with more support staff and you'll super charge your current team even more!

Oct 18, 2018 – AMN Healthcare Response Team

At AMN, we absolutely strive for team member empowerment and career growth. Thank you for your valuable feedback!

"Customer Account Representative (CAR)"

I worked at AMN Healthcare full-time

Pros

-Located in beautiful Del Mar
    -work with very talented people
    -work/life balance
    -people are proud and happy to be there
    -easy to move around company

Cons

-pay is lower compared to other companies
    -old technology
    -slow to adapt/move

Advice to Management

Increase pay according to industry average

Oct 8, 2018 – AMN Healthcare Response Team

Thank you for sharing about your experience as a team member with AMN! We are thrilled that you enjoy our culture of professional development, and your comments on pay will be shared with leadership.

"Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, atmosphere, benefits, culture, management

Cons

Compensation, advancement, margin expectations, cold calling

Sep 19, 2018 – AMN Healthcare Response Team

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience at AMN!

"The Best Corporate Environment for Passionate Hard Working Individuals"

Current Employee - Supervisor in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing, Philanthropic, Relatable CEO
    Passionate, Talented Team Members and Leaders
    Culture Based Company (It’s not just what you do, but how you do it that matters.)
    A lot of investment in continuous improvements from process and procedures, to technology and talent
    Warm Inviting (Corporate) Close-knit Team Environment
    Infinite Opportunities for Growth and Development
    Beautiful Building in Carmel Valley with Parking Structure, Onsite Cafe, Starbucks, Complimentary Fresh Fruits, Coffee and Tea
    Supervisors are seated amongst team members to foster connection and constant communication
    Business Casual Work Attire and Jeans on Friday's, Your Birthday, and Your AMN Anniversary :)
    Recent opportunities to telecommute one day a week (criteria varies by department/team)
    It’s never boring, there's always something new to learn and no day is the same as any other. Expectations are VERY HIGH so when you’re recognized for doing well it’s more meaningful and rewarding. When you don’t meet expectations you’re given guidance and resources on how to improve. If you ask for feedback/support/guidance/mentorship you’ll get it, and like most things, you’ll get out of your experience here what you put in to it. If you invest your time, effort and dedication, the company will reciprocate.

Cons

The Commute. Unless you live in the immediate vicinity, traffic is painful. The recent option to work one day a week from home is the BEST incentive of all time! (Thank you, Susan and team!)
    Not a Con, but rather a candid word to future applicants: This Company isn’t for everyone. If compensation is your primary motivator, you don’t adapt well to change and you prefer to manage tasks vs. lead people—you won’t be happy here and you won’t be successful.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the telecommuting option once a week; the immediate improvement to Life/Work balance has been phenomenal.
    Please continue the efforts to strengthen our leadership teams, particularly at the Supervisor level. We are always looking for new tools and ways to improve; workshops like LEAD, Leaders Lounge and Leading Performance have proved very valuable and appreciated. The AMN difference is positively palpable—the efforts, energy, resources and integrity that fuel AMN are a welcomed change from other Corporate environments. And for those who think the grass is greener elsewhere, I challenge them to spend a year in someone else’s lawn and report back, or rather come back, since they always do!

Sep 19, 2018 – AMN Healthcare Response Team

We absolutely strive for team member empowerment and engagement with our culture! Thank you for sharing about your experience at AMN Healthcare.

6. "Recruitment"

Pros

Hands down the best culture a large company could support. People love their jobs.

Smart, hard working, committed team members that you enjoy working with so much that they become true friends. That coupled with a meaningful purpose, and the ability to flex the business and hear employee ideas that support the purpose.

Cons

Really none except the traffic and thus requires that you write 20 words. Maybe the possibility of a 4, 10 hr shift option?

Advice to Management

Continue to support your teams members and innovate consistently. Thank you for being great!

Sep 19, 2018 – AMN Healthcare Response Team

We are glad to know that you enjoy AMN Healthcare's culture and have made meaningful friendships during your time here!

"Account manager/Avantas LLC"

I worked at AMN Healthcare full-time

Pros

There isn't a lot of pros. See cons

Cons

There is a very toxic culture of this is how we always have done it. An intolerance to change or to see others point of view is stunting the growth. The leaders are unprofessional and caddy. If you don't fit their mold you are cast as an outsider. Leaders don't know how to lead.

Advice to Management

Replace your leadership.

8. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Cons

if only they could be Extremely good at attracting awesome individuals; getting them in the right place. Leader in the industry - oh wait, they are

Sep 19, 2018 – AMN Healthcare Response Team

Thank you for the 5 star review!

"Hypocrisy through and through"

Former Employee - IT Staff
    Former Employee - IT Staff

I worked at AMN Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can't come up with one

Cons

It's hard to get an honest answer to a question. Appearances matter more than reality.

Advice to Management

So, why does a company with a code of ethics valuing respect use humiliating and onerous performance improvement plans to drive people out? Humiliating someone politely isn't respectful.

"Dear Susan"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Talent Acquisition in Dallas, TX

I worked at AMN Healthcare (Less than a year)

Pros

A caring CEO who truly cares about others and AMN's impact on their Clients and society at large.

Cons

Very dishonest leadership within HR who are willing to destroy the careers of those they dislike because of candid feedback about tactics that have a negative impact on current employees.

Advice to Management

Susan, if you would like to confidentially hear my story please reply. If not I am willing to leave my opinion in this forum and go my own way!

Oct 8, 2018 – AMN Healthcare Response Team

Our CEO Susan Salka always welcomes direct feedback from our team members. We have forwarded your message to her, and she would like to invite you to reach out to her directly so she can hear your... More