AMN Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

AMN Healthcare Reviews

Updated February 17, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Once you find your place in the company it is a great place to be (in 18 reviews)

• This is a company who cares about their team members as well as the clinicians they work with (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Minimal room for advancement and low pay (in 19 reviews)

• Very limited room for growth; management has no succession plans and give no thought to personal development (in 6 reviews)

"Worst Travel Nurse Company with Best Market Share"

Current Employee - Travel RN in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Travel RN in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AMN Healthcare (More than a year)

Pros

Many opportunities that other agencies cannot offer

Cons

Broken promises
    Mediocre Travel RN pay

Advice to Management

Stop lying to people, hold facilities accountable

"Double standard"

Current Employee - RPO Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - RPO Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AMN Healthcare (More than a year)

Pros

Visted the CA location. Culture there seem be positive,empowering. CA culture need to be implement to the other location.

Cons

Management need to invest in sorcing tools that actually work. Stop been cheap. Recruiters are not magicians. They reduce the commission rate from 6.5 percent to 4.2. Riduclus. We are sales people. We are motivated by money. After u get 4.2 then 33 percent comes out for taxes. There is no motivation to to produce. You are going to loose top producers. There will be an exoduce of good workers.

They only promote their friends. Fire all the good recuriters if you are of a certain race.

Advice to Management

Stop been cheap with sourcing tools. Pay Recuirters a reasonable commission rate or pay a higher hourly rate.

Jan 20, 2017 – AMN Healthcare Response Team

We appreciate your feedback and do not take your concerns lightly. Please reach out to me directly at Julie.Fletcher@AMNHealthcare.com so that I can learn more about your experience. Julie Fletcher ... More

3. "Great sales environment"

Current Employee - Travel Nurse Recruiter in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Travel Nurse Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent sales environment and culture that is fun and rewarding. Requires hard work but what sales job doesn't. They have amazing clients that make the job even more desirable

Cons

Can be cut throat at times
    PAY!!!!!
    Really wish they payed more, seriously just a little more hourly. If this is your first job than great, but if you really want to retain your top talent than pay them more.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

"Leader"

Pros

I would not suggest anyone work for AMN

Cons

Run from this company -

Advice to Management

Ask the floor how they feel

Jan 19, 2017 – AMN Healthcare Response Team

Thank you for your feedback. We’re disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy working at AMN. If you’d like to discuss your experience, please reach out to me directly at ... More

"You need to find your people"

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Once you find your place in the company it is a great place to be! Find team members that will support you and you will grow in your career.

Cons

Because the company has such a young workforce, drinking is a large part of the environment for team bonding outside of work. If you are not a big drinking you probably will not be invited to happy hours with your team.
    Be careful of some Management people. If they have been there for a long time they will be protected no matter what they do and if you say something against them you will be the bad guy.

Advice to Management

Do outside of hours interactions that do not involve alcohol

"Either you're in or you're out. (With company for 2 years.)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Del Mar, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Del Mar, CA

I worked at AMN Healthcare full-time

Pros

If you are lucky, you might have a great boss.
    There are some perks working for a larger company.
    Many different positions available.
    Overtime is usually available and you get nice paychecks.
    Bonus structure isn't bad, depending on what department you work in.

Cons

Pay is a bit low.
    HR is 100% behind the company and not employees - unless you are someone who has worked there forever and kiss up.
    If you are not bubbly and fake, you won't get as far as you want. It's all about kissing up; therefore , someone with no experience can be promoted to Manager. It's all a popularity contest.
    You work very hard and stay late, etc. and are not recognized for it.
    Some departments don't give you a lot of training and expect you to be ready to work on your own almost immediately. Too high of expectations in those departments.
    Sales reign supreme, so the company allows salespeople to treat you horribly and ignore policies.

Advice to Management

Recognize that not everyone has a cookie cutter personality and diversity breeds out of the box thinking and ideas. Recognize employees for their hard work. Stop playing favorites. There is high turnover because hard working emplyees don't feel appreciated or supported and not heard. Stop letting salepeople walk all over employees and ignoring policies. You don't pay enough to put up with that. And the Quality Assurance Dept. has unrealistic expectations for new people and it's highly stressful. Finally, there isn't much room for growth.

8. "Recruiter/Sales"

Former Employee - Travel Nurse Recruiter in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Travel Nurse Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I worked at AMN Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The training program is comprehensive, fair, and effective. Sales floor management works very hard to keep the floor alive - breakfast, dinner, overtime, contests, giveaways, toasts - etc.

Cons

Turnover is high because a lot of your financial success if out of your hands. If a nurse you get a job for quits or is fired, you lose that potential income.

Nov 21, 2016 – AMN Healthcare Response Team

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We'll be sure that management receives your feedback.

"Good for independent therapists"

Current Employee - Travel Occupational Therapist in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Travel Occupational Therapist in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great on finding jobs quickly. Pretty hands off and efficient for independent therapists. Efficient web set up. Efficient to work with.

Cons

Double check contracts, follow up on specific needs can be delayed. Mentorship not the largest strength. Recruiters can be difficult to get ahold of at times.

10. "It's worth it"

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture & connection between employees
    Amazing,thoughtful and innovative leadership
    Relationships with DVPs and those higher up
    Room for growth, leaders want to see you successful and happy
    Working towards successful and effective relationships between departments
    Breakfast and dinner provided for OT
    Amazing training program
    If you're unhappy, they happily allow you to interview for other departments
    You get out what you put in

Cons

Heavy and sometimes stressful workload
    Money seems low at first, but if you want more.. work more
    Many issues out of your control

Nov 21, 2016 – AMN Healthcare Response Team

We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback and will be sure to share your comments with management. Thank you!

"38% attrition rate"

I worked at AMN Healthcare full-time

Pros

They're very convincing during the interview process.

Cons

Everyone is out to prove that they are better than you, and there is a lot of time spent belittling and sabotaging new employees - even by one's own manager. Most of business happens in informal conversations, so your chances of inclusion and getting up to speed are even slimmer. Strongly recommend you keep records of contradictory information that makes you look bad, as your boss/coworkers will throw you under the bus.
    Benefits are HORRID and they should be ashamed of themselves, being a healthcare company.

Advice to Management

Great people are leaving in droves. Pay attention, you're burning through healthcare industry workers at an alarming rate. Take care of your vendors - they're still calling me asking for help as I'm the only one who ever paid attention to them.

Dec 21, 2016 – AMN Healthcare Response Team

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and are disappointed to hear about your experience working at AMN Healthcare. We do not take your comments lightly, as we expect that managers ... More