AMN Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

AMN Healthcare Reviews

Updated August 19, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Once you find your place in the company it is a great place to be (in 20 reviews)

• Find team members that will support you and you will grow in your career (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Minimal room for advancement and low pay (in 19 reviews)

• In San Diego that is hard to do unless you have a partner or another income (in 12 reviews)

"Credentialing"

I worked at AMN Healthcare full-time

Pros

Decent people to work with. nice building and remodeled cafeteria.okay job to start with. decent work amenities.

Cons

They act like they care for their employees but they never really take action upon it. The cafeteria is nice but the food isn't that great. The growth opportunity isn't there and is very political. They like the suck ups not the hard workers.

May 18, 2017 – AMN Healthcare Response Team

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. It is important to us that team members have support from their leaders, and I’d like to hear more about your experience. If you’re open... More

2. "Sales"

Current Employee - Senior, Sales and Staffing Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior, Sales and Staffing Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of data and independence

Cons

Pay, benefits and leadership. Actions don't match their words.

Advice to Management

customer service should be a priority
    Pay employees at market rates to increase retention
    Focus on leadership not management

Apr 19, 2017 – AMN Healthcare Response Team

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. It’s great to see that you enjoy the independence of your position. I’d like to discuss your concerns with you in more detail. If you’d... More

3. "Good first job"

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time

Pros

Nice office location, hardworking people, opportunities to move around if you do your best and work with your supervisor

Cons

The workload and stress levels can be high especially in certain departments

Advice to Management

Continue working to address turnover

Apr 4, 2017 – AMN Healthcare Response Team

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We truly value what our team members have to say!

4. "Former employee"

Pros

My department was supportive as far a work related. Social if you don't fit in, you'll be miserable. I believe the CEO cares about it's employees. Not much else to say.

Cons

If you are an introvert, you'll not like it. Company is a bit like 'Glee' with the extra work day events. Too damn many, frankly. Participation isn't mandatory but you'll be shunned if you don't. Some people just want to work, be cordial and go home. Mostly young people so it's very high schoolish. No I don't want to go to happy hour nor do I wish to have a weekly alcohol toast and with a speech on how I appreciated my coworker for the week who hasn't kind . Very corny and fake.

Advice to Management

Accept everyone's personality. Management can be passive aggressive. Stop making others feel uncomfortable just because they are not bubbly and don't laugh at your jokes. We come here to work not for your entertainment. Not all fit into a cookie cutter personality. Learn to be tolerant.

Apr 19, 2017 – AMN Healthcare Response Team

Thank you for your comments. We’re glad to see that your department was supportive, and do understand that not everyone wants to participate in all of the events offered at AMN. We value your... More

5. "Operations Team Member - San Diego"

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team environment, promote hard work, create your own career path if you are willing to put in the effort, good benefits, strong leaders. They value strong work ethic and will push you to do your best. Challenging work and can learn a lot from the experience of upper managements work experience. Can be high workload at times but understand nature of the business.

Cons

Corporate so can feel a bit large at times but overall do their best to not make you feel like a number. Opportunity to help team members understand more how other departments work. Lots of work to do but sometimes can get it all done in a workday.

Advice to Management

Stay involved and remain transparent.

Apr 4, 2017 – AMN Healthcare Response Team

Thank you for your candid feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and are glad to hear you enjoy working at AMN.

6. "Okay to start"

Current Employee - Credentialing Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Credentialing Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people for the most part

Cons

low pay for industry

Advice to Management

they have no idea what is going on in the day to day of their employees, they continually let production throw analyst under the bus

May 8, 2017 – AMN Healthcare Response Team

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am glad to hear that you like your colleagues. If you’d like to set up a time to talk through your concerns in more detail, please... More

"You are just a number"

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice co-workers, cafe & small gym in the building.

Cons

Micro Management, they treat you like a number all the way up to the CEO & HR. The pay is also really low for recruitment. High turn over (new recruiters are starting every 5-6wks!)

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like humans and keep the management style consistent. Please hire people into management & director roles that actually have the experience. Not someone that worked retail prior to being a recruiter for a year.

Apr 26, 2017 – AMN Healthcare Response Team

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I want all team members to know that they are valued and would like to discuss this with you. Please reach out to me directly at Landry.Seedig@AMNHealthcare.com... More

"Credentialing"

Current Employee - Credit Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Credit Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good amenities like gym, cafe, free lunches, all of which you could do with out though....Very good CEO but technically poor

Cons

Upper management not aware of the growing abrasive culture of other departments due to rapid company growth

Advice to Management

CEO should go undercover to see the inconsistencies happening in her company. AMN has lost a lot of very good people broken by ignorant leaders but masters of politics.

Mar 28, 2017 – AMN Healthcare Response Team

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments about working at AMN and are disappointed to hear that you are unhappy. We do not take your concerns lightly and I would like to speak with... More

"Hospital Account Manager"

Former Employee - Hospital Account Manager in Del Mar, CA
    Former Employee - Hospital Account Manager in Del Mar, CA

I worked at AMN Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The only good thing I have to say now is I am thankful for the amazing friendships I have made over the last 10 years while working at AMN. There's a few good ones left but they too are looking to get out now.

Cons

Once upon a time this company truly cared about their employees. Not anymore. I gave my life to this company for 10 years and they completely chewed me up and spit me out. I am not a disgruntled employee. I am broken hearted over the undeserved treatment I received. I'm not the only one. It seems AMN is finding any excuse to "get rid" of a lot of women over 40 who are at the top of their pay scale and who have been with the company 10 or more years. It happened to me and many others in the last year, over and over. Then they claim "we're an At Will company, we can do what we want". Oh, then they will deny your unemployment but don't worry, you will have a hearing and the judge will rule in your favor as AMN's reason for denial will be unfounded. They are getting to greedy and too big for their britches. Also, HR is also not for you, but management only.

Advice to Management

Stop the arrogance and favoritism. It's revolting. Top leadership, starting wth the CEO, start paying attention to those you have put into top leadership roles. You have some pretty nasty, mean and awful people working for you and people are afraid to speak up because those who do, eventually get the axe and that is a fact. I used to think my life wouldn't be complete without AMN. I have since learned there is a much bigger world outside of you and you, AMN, are not very well liked or respected in the business community.
    Wake up, slow down and start treating your employees with respect again.

Apr 3, 2017 – AMN Healthcare Response Team

We take your concerns very seriously and will review your comments with management. If you would like to share more information, please reach out to me directly at Julie.Fletcher@AMNHealthcare.com... More

"Recruiter - RPO"

Current Employee - Recruiter RPO in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter RPO in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AMN Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AMN offers a great culture, leadership, vertical/horizontal mobility among other things. This is an excellent place to cultivate ones own aspirations.

Cons

The cons are likely associated more to volatility in the market more than anything else. Much of the earning potential as a recruiter are functioned solely around the sales teams ability to acquire clientele.

Advice to Management

Level the commission structure further and invest more into the sales team to grow our client base more in RPO.

Apr 4, 2017 – AMN Healthcare Response Team

We appreciate your feedback and are glad you like the culture and the career opportunities available at AMN. We will be sure to share your comments with management.