AMRESCO Reviews in Solon, OH | Glassdoor

Michael Mascali

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Chemical Handler"

Current Employee - Chemical Handler in Solon, OH

I have been working at AMRESCO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very nice people at every level. Good pay and benefits. Trusted place with good future. Amresco being taken over by the mother company -VWR, it is a good move.

Cons

Training system needs to be driven by strategy and key factors for much needed improvement. Feedback is much needed at every level, tool that can be used for further development in every department.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your representatives and pay much attention to details.

"Do not recommend working here"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Solon, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Solon, OH

I worked at AMRESCO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The majority of the people I worked closely with outside of management were wonderful and professional individuals.

Cons

Management does not listen to its team members--same problems and issues day in and day out and poor attempts at resolving them, negative and tense working environment, unreasonable workload and expectations, management shows favoritism. No workplace flexibility options and HR ignores complaints from the employees. I would never recommend working for this company--undervalued, discouraging, and depressing.

Advice to Management

Listen to your team--if you don't think they have something valuable to say, why did you hire them to begin with?

"Totally agree, avoid this comany at all costs"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

I worked at AMRESCO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None, horrible place to work. They have ruined a lot of lives. Do not move for this company...... you will regret it!

Cons

A lot of turn around in every department. Managers do not know what is going on underneath them. I also moved for this company. VP's do not manage well and are clueless what is going on in their areas of responsibility. Threats made on lives, management did not take action. Solon police responds to threats on lives there a lot. Just check Solon police records it is all there.

Advice to Management

Get a clue what is going on right under your noses. Stop the revolving door in employee turn over. VWR no better since they took over. Avoid this place at all costs. They have a very bad reputation

"Conflict abounds"

Former Employee - Non-production Administrative Position in Solon, OH
    Former Employee - Non-production Administrative Position in Solon, OH

I worked at AMRESCO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting industry. Opportunity to learn a lot. Multiple shifts allow for flexible hours in most departments. "Lifers" are friendly, once you get past the gruff exterior.

Cons

The culture - change is frequently blocked by associates who have been in roles long-term, particularly operations side management. Management says culture is process improvement based, but changes to process are half-implemented at best.
    The management - Some managers support change and and support their employees' ideas; many do not. Pockets of good management and positive work environments exist, but some entire departments are about "the blame game" and playing favorites. There are some managers who can make life awful if given control or if you happen to work in that department.
    Career growth - Some departments have opportunity and some do not. Many areas are plagued with favoritism, so good employees can be stagnated in a role. This is most prevalent in non-production departments.
    Too sterile - While HR is hiring a diverse workforce, the company culture does not support diverse self expression. Leadership is very conservative (think "old white guy" stereotype), and those leaders do not adapt well to people who are not the same as they are. Ethnic, urban, or otherwise "out of the box" associates are not heard by these leaders.

Advice to Management

The "boots on the ground" employees often know more than the management believes they know. Listen more to those people when implementing new processes. When a process change decision is made, back that decision, even if you don't personally agree with it. A united management makes for clear communications and a better culture.

Jun 14, 2016 – HR Supervisor

Since this employee left, we have moved into a beautiful new building. Our benefits and HRIS have changed so that we are now more fully integrated with VWR International LLC. We continue to hire and... More

"If u need a job that's not going anywhere apply"

Current Employee - Chemical Handler in Solon, OH

I have been working at AMRESCO full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Job field not going anywhere.
    This company is expanding every year.
    A great entry on resume
    Pays good if u have right background

Cons

no room for advancement
    selected few get a chance to make use of there skills from past experience at jobs. example Ben-venue Laboratories get first chance at any open position over the senior Amresco workers.
    The job hires all races but, are extremely good at subtle racism against the non whites or whites that maybe mingle to much with the urban workers.

Advice to Management

Give your hard workers a chance like u give there BVL co-workers or L'Oreal workers, those are usually the people in your department putting the time and always going the extra mile to get the job done correctly. Actually get out your desk chair and go see what problems are instead of sending someone who isn't a supervisor to take care of it or bark orders on your behalf, That eventually causes a problem with the person and there peers

Dec 21, 2015 – HR Supervisor

Promotions of long term associates, both male and female, and of different races, has long been a goal and the data shows that we've done quite well in that area this year. We look at people with the... More

6. "cycle counter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

I have been working at AMRESCO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm Resco has a wonderful place to experience a friendly atmosphere to work with some very ambitious people to learn a plethora of leadership skills the people are outstanding the leadership is phenomenal

Cons

Due to the nature of working at AMRESCO how we experience and then, a lot of different chemicals unfortunately is out of our control if we have a chemical spill but we do the best that we can with what we have

Advice to Management

Management is the best that you can find on this side of heaven they are a great group of individuals that are very knowledgeable and they are very sensitive to the needs of the employees

Dec 21, 2015 – HR Supervisor

We certainly appreciate it when our current associates are learning new skills and enjoying working with us.

"Good Science, Great employees with a growing company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

I have been working at AMRESCO (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is growing and moving in the right direction. A leader in manufacturing and supplier of chemicals and reagents with high industry standards following ISO and FDA regulations. They have strong expectations and stringent procedures with attention to quality and details- customers and employees shouldn’t expect less from a company that manufacturers medical devices.

I have been given a lot of trust and responsibility to do my job and have an amazing supervisor who is available for questions/comments and gives good solid feedback. I am comfortable going to her for guidance and/or confirmation. Since working here I have learned so much about quality manufacturing and see what a great work environment can be like. Staff received turkeys and thank you's for Thanksgiving - that’s a first in my career. The President/CEO meets all new staff at orientation – how often do you see that? Ideas for improvement are welcome but first learn the position and current procedures before suggesting change.

Job opportunities are posted which allow for internal candidates to learn of and apply for promotions and transfers to other departments. HR and department managers take the time to get to know candidates with a personalized hiring process so that the best people are hired. I have seen people who weren’t selected for one position get referred and hired for another position. In a time when people are seeking employment, there are many opportunities here. Benefits are good and individual premiums reasonable compared to my last position.

I am a temporary employee who would jump at the chance to work here full time. These are some really hard-working, good people who care about improving the human condition by providing a successful product to the customer. Great people and good science at AMRESCO.

Cons

Many opportunities here but currently no full time position in my field.

Advice to Management

My supervisor is professional, available and a good resource.

"Large Quality Hill to Climb"

Former Employee - Regulatory Affairs in Solon, OH
    Former Employee - Regulatory Affairs in Solon, OH

I worked at AMRESCO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In Cleveland the job outlook for quality assurance professionals is not bright. AMRESCO fills a niche for quality professionals.

Cons

Quality professionals will find AMRESCO a very different culture in which Sales and Purchasing have direct involvement in quality investigations and audits. Many quality issues are either played down or willfully ignored. There have been many departures of qualified individuals either by there own choice or not.

Advice to Management

Let your Quality professionals use their experience to help your organizational (Routine is not equal to Right). Do not talk about former employees in negative terms. This is both a liability and unprofessional. I am sure this review will have a response. Keep in mind that those responding are not quality professionals that understand the real workings of a quality focused medical device company.

"A fast paced, yet somewhat disorganized environment."

Current Employee - Lab Tech in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Lab Tech in Solon, OH

I have been working at AMRESCO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay scale, comparable benefits, company outings. A great place to earn experience in the chemical industry.

Cons

Difficult to advance. Disconnect between executives and associates. Negative atmosphere in some departments.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to place blame and involve the employees more in the decision making process.

May 27, 2014 – HR Supervisor

At this time, more than any other, there are so many opportunities for transfer to other departments, advancement within departments, and expansion to global roles within VWR. With growth, comes... More

"I think that AMRESCO is a great place to work and a new challenge is always available."

Current Employee - Infrastructure Analyst in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Infrastructure Analyst in Solon, OH

I have been working at AMRESCO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work, the people, the environment, the location, the growth, and the pay. Departments have mobility upwards.

Cons

Growth is steady, but not neck-breaking, different departments have limited opportunities.

Advice to Management

I think that management is doing it right, I'd be nit-picking to "advise" management.