AMRI Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
William S. Marth

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You work with great people who care about you (in 9 reviews)

• Good people in the plant and labs (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • They own your soul, no work life balance (in 12 reviews)

• long hours are expected, but not very many people aren't salaried (in 12 reviews)

1. "Great People, Great Career Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

I have been working at AMRI full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked at AMRI almost nine years and one of the primary reasons for my tenure is the great people that I work with everyday. There are a lot of people who work there who really do care and try their best day in and day out. I give credit to those that I worked for who continuously pushed me and considered me for career advancement. They recognize the hard work that is put in everyday.

Cons

Would like to see more employee engagement activities. Employees really appreciate this. They have increased the number of activities over the last year but can always do more.

2. "Great Place to Work - Dedicated People - Working Hard - Growing Fast"

Current Employee - Team Lead/Manager in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Team Lead/Manager in Albany, NY

I have been working at AMRI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mgmt and employees all work hard --no secrets why company is growing again--
    doing well. You get to take on more responsibility, learn a lot all the time, change hats, and do more. Everyone gets opportunities to learn on-the-job.

Cons

Ever have that feeling you just can't keep up with the work and it keeps coming? Everyone sometimes has that feeling at AMRI. It's a high growth, growing company. To succeed--must work smarter, faster. To exist--must work hard.

Advice to Management

Remember "the best laid plans" never fail ---until those plans come into direct contact with the realities of the business. Be sure plans are based in our reality.

3. "Senior Research Scientist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Pros

Work with very smart people who love what they do for a living. The executive team has been very clear on the plan to grow the company

Cons

They need more people Teams are stretched as they all have staffing needs to keep up with the customer demand.

Advice to Management

Make it clear to the teams that there is a sizable hiring plan

4. "Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Human Resources Leader in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Human Resources Leader in Albany, NY

I have been working at AMRI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast Growing Company
    Small enough company that you are a name not a number
    People care about your career path

Cons

Technology updates needed
    Headquartered in a great small city but not desirable to big city folks

5. "Great people, rewarding if you are willing to work hard."

Current Employee - Chemst in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Chemst in Albany, NY

I have been working at AMRI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, good camaraderie, pay is pretty good, can do better, but atmosphere makes up for it, good benefits company has not put in high deductible health plans and has kept $25 co pays, tries to make things fun with activities like Ice cream days and other gatherings.

Cons

You'll work hard. Very busy with customer work. I think the administration people are busy too. There was some uncertainty about being bought, but the management team has kept us informed and my friends are confident that we are going to keep growing with the new private equity owners . They have a very good reputation

Advice to Management

Continue to keep employees informed about the buyout. Keep buying new equipment to keep our labs current so that we continue to service customers well.

6. "Better places to work out there than this Sinking Ship..."

Former Employee - Didn't Matter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Didn't Matter in New York, NY

I worked at AMRI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paychecks didn't bounce while I worked there?
    Benefits were ok - though not on par with major pharma players.
    Colleagues were great . Management though, basically pure evil.

Cons

Work life balance nonexistent. I was made to think I couldn't take time off to mourn the passing of a loved one... HR there also nonexistent.
    No real direction from management other than S.O.S - Sales over Service.
    Constantly shifting objectives and priorities - with no capital to add staff or equipment to meet existing commitments or short term goals.... there are no long term goals - see below...

Advice to Management

None - management will do what it wants - which is to offload the whole company to private equity and cash out - leaving all current employees worrying about their future.
    Google it - "AMRI for Sale"
    All smoke and mirrors - they have no brand identity and no money. Real shame as they used to be well respected in the pharma community years ago...

"Complete disgrace of a company"

Former Employee - Sampler in Rensselaer, NY
    Former Employee - Sampler in Rensselaer, NY

I worked at AMRI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most people are good hard workin folks

Cons

man o man, where do I even begin. Most of the other reviews have touched upon the main issue. Horrible pay and treatment of the employees with a toxic company culture that leaves the vets headed for the exits in droves. Regeneron is pretty much bending AMRI over and pounding away. Pay is a joke, Training for new hire is a joke, work/life balance is a joke and grounds maintenance is a joke. I worked in an area that was supposed to be sterile because we would conduct sampling on ingredients that were going to be used in live production. The floor was chipping away and the "sterile" room was filthy. Told management about it many times and their response was we cant stop production because of this chipping, QA looked at it and gave us the green light". If i was any company that did business with AMRI i would pull away now before their reputation goes down the tubes because of something AMRI did.

Advice to Management

its time to abandon ship

"Supervisor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I worked at AMRI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work place because they dont really care

Cons

Corporate poor management. Does not put money into the business to grow or fix the problem areas, all the directors dont have a clue on what quality is or what needs to be done. No training for the employees either.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people and your company before it dies or just close it down before you end up killing a patient

"Do Not Work Here! High Turnover Rate"

Former Employee - QA Specialist in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - QA Specialist in Burlington, MA

I worked at AMRI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None really...Burlington site is a complete joke...all about the reaching quarterly goals that are never met...employees are frustrated and do not believe in company core values

Cons

everything...potential employees please turn away...AMRI does not treat or recognize talented employees. Extremely high turnover rate...stressed, over worked employees...QA department micro manage mentality

Advice to Management

LISTEN to the bottom feeders and less on the quarterly earnings...they are the one doing the labor intensive work.

"Senior scientist"

Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Albany, NY

I have been working at AMRI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good for start of a career start and exposure

Cons

Low on resources. Work/life balance is poor