ANCILE Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

ANCILE Solutions CEO Frank Lonergan
Frank Lonergan

1. "Agile"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elkridge, MD

I have been working at ANCILE Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Given the way that ANCILE goes to market with partners, it is important to remain as agile as possible to stay consistent with those partners and their relationships with their customers. That often has implications in every part of ANCILE. The management team is always trying to optimize the organization but be as agile as possible to support partners. I enjoy the dynamic aspect of the business and the contributions I can make to it every day.

Cons

As described above, ANCILE complements our partners portfolio to their customers. Our ability to accommodate various partnerships in different industries and markets sometimes causes conflicts and dedication of a lot of energy.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and trusting in your team members to bring the view from the market, partners, and customers to the table for constant improvement.

Nov 8, 2016 – Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for mentioning the agile environment at ANCILE. We realize the positive outcomes of agile teams, especially to remain relevant for optimal service to our partners and customers. We ... More

"Positive ancile reviews are 'encouraged' by HR from new hires or written by C level stakeholders with a reason"

Former Employee - Sales in Elkridge, MD
    Former Employee - Sales in Elkridge, MD

I worked at ANCILE Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

A good bounce on your resume as a new graduate. Start looking somewhere else as soon as you get hired.

Cons

After accepting employment with ancile as a sales person I quickly learned that most positive company reviews posted on glassdoor are strongly encouraged/enforced by HR upon onboarding - I was requested to do so within a week of employment without knowing that much about the company. FYI: The vast majority of positive reviews here are written by new hires, senior executives with a stake in the company, or HR personnel who are obliged to do so. This company is structured so that the investors and C level executives profit. Not the employees.

Advice to Management

Take the money and run. You hired a few people to eliminate scores of people who helped build a great product and then sacked them. There is no camaraderie, everybody is suspicious of management, nobody trusts anybody. Management created this.

Apr 19, 2017 – Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your views about ANCILE. Glassdoor encourages all employers to regularly request employees to provide honest and candid feedback, which is always anonymous ... More

3. "Welcoming. Respectful. Challenging."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elkridge, MD

I have been working at ANCILE Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have never had a position where the company was so immediately welcoming and respectful of my opinions and experience. There is also an increasing amount of collaboration between all departments. Executive Management is remarkably open and transparent about what is happening with the company financially and operationally. Culturally, ANCILE is a very hard working company, but is "loosening up" a bit, with social events, competitions, etc. I think one of the most remarkable things about this company, though, is the diverse range of skills people have. Many people do their jobs, but also contribute in other areas outside of their job on special projects. You literally never know how your talents will be used!

Cons

Not a "con" exactly, but ANCILE is in the middle of some pretty significant shifts in the way it does business. This means that there are adjustments to roles, responsibilities, and attitudes that may be different than in the past. As a newer employee, I don't have the history with the company, but this leaner, more sales-driven culture may not feel as comfortable as it did in the past.

Advice to Management

Expand market focus.

Oct 24, 2016 – Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review ANCILE. We aim to create a supportive environment where employees feel welcomed and respected. We value diversity and the variety of opinions and experiences ... More

5. "ANCILE Rocks!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elkridge, MD

I have been working at ANCILE Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ANCILE is a very collaborative place to work. Everyone has a voice and contributes to the companies success. Leadership is accessible and they invest in dedicated employees through career growth, acknowledgement and rewards. It's more than just a job, it's a community and culture.

Cons

In a smaller company, most people do a variety of tasks to support company goals, so if you are looking for a very black and white job role, this may not be for you!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Oct 3, 2016 – Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review ANCILE. We pride ourselves on creating a collaborative culture which encourages employee input and feedback. Our leadership strives to be present and support ... More

6. "Smart and Capable? Come on in."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elkridge, MD

I have been working at ANCILE Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone here is amazingly smart. You can rely on others to jump at the chance to help. I've honestly never worked anywhere else where the folks around me are such a great mix of capable, intelligent and selfless. It's really all about getting the work done, not taking credit. We've got enough people that you can't know everyone well, but I can walk up to just about anyone here and ask for something urgent and have them come through and lend a hand. Opportunities for growth are everywhere, if you have to have the energy and desire to pursue them.

Cons

Mentoring is spotty or non-existent. If you're not a self-starter, it's difficult to find your footing. Asking for help works as I said, but with an organization this flat, there's no clear indicator of seniority.

Advice to Management

Strategy sometimes takes time to evolve and develop. Select what's most important (and only 3 or less of those) and lean in with maximum effort.

Sep 12, 2016 – Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and review. We agree with your comment and also value the smart and innovative employees who continue to drive our success. We have received similar feedback in the ... More

"Such a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elkridge, MD

I have been working at ANCILE Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone is friendly, fun to work with and they all seem to enjoy what they do. I have worked for several companies large and small, and this is by far the best one I have ever worked for. I love their telecommuting mindset as well. I don't live in Elkridge, MD, and if it wasn't for that modern, forward thinking, I would not have had the opportunity of such a good job.

Cons

There are limitations to small companies everywhere. Nothing new here.

"Pack your life vest"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elkridge, MD

I worked at ANCILE Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ancile has an impressive global customer base that has benefited from the original product.
    The work environment is okay and relatively easy to get to. You will find nice, competent co-workers.

Cons

A couple of leaders here have all but destroyed what had been a good company. Employment has become unstable. There is lack of trust. The advertised culture is phony.

Advice to Management

Place a distress call to someone else that might be able to save the ship if there is still time. Then go jump into a life boat to save your career.

"No Loyalty From Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elkridge, MD

I worked at ANCILE Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the oldest management at the company still has ethics and still cares. The new management has completely been poking holes in the ship for months now. The ship is sinking, get out while you still can! To all the old employees who have been there, look elsewhere and fast.

Cons

No loyalty to people who have been there for years. People are being downsized left and right with no offer to be transitioned into another role. When you are reduced you do not even have the chance to say goodbye. Stay away and do not listen to any promises.

Advice to Management

Keep the people who are loyal, realize that what made ANCILE great was its commitment to customers. Customers, like profits, will tank if there is not a drastic turnaround. Remember that you should do more than make lip service to your employees, try listening.

"Test Lead"

Current Employee - Test Lead/Senior Quality Assurance Analyst in Ellicott City, MD

I have been working at ANCILE Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Small company and close knit

Cons

Not much space for growth

Advice to Management

Make space for growth

"ANCILE is going down"

Former Employee - Developer in Elkridge, MD
    Former Employee - Developer in Elkridge, MD

I worked at ANCILE Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This section is not applicable to ANCILE.. Nothing good to write about this company...the worst company to work for award goes to ANCILE

Cons

This company is hurting because of lack of top leadership. Bunch of idiots are sitting on the top and collecting a hefty paychecks.
    Rumors are that the company is getting sold ..
    @buyer: fire all the C level folks... Otherwise you will be in the same situation as Court square is in..no growth at all. you can check their names and profiles on the corporate site...
    CEO wants to cash out before he retires..