ANCILE Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

ANCILE Solutions CEO Frank Lonergan
Frank Lonergan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Mixed Bag"

I have been working at ANCILE Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Over the years Ancile has really accommodated many different work schedules. Some days you put in long hours and work weekends but for the most part you can set your normal working hours on what your team needs. Ancile allows for some people to work remotely and others to work from home 1-2x/week or as necessary. Health insurance and other benefits are pretty good too.

Cons

No women in management outside of HR. Upward mobility is non-existent.

"Poor leadership"

I have been working at ANCILE Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and work-life balance but the cons far outweigh the pros. Don’t be fooled.

Cons

The company has been struggling for years. No clear direction and ever evolving change in strategy. Lack of trust and loyalty throughout the entire organization. Frivolous spending by upper management and lack of leadership leads to budget cuts again and again but only below upper management. Employees are not appreciated. There is always fear in the air because of how many layoffs employees have endured. Moral is terrible. Employees operate under fear for their jobs. Layoffs is the norm for this company.

Advice to Management

Learn what true leadership is; the next fancy hire won’t save the company. Get it together! Respect and value your employees. Don’t look for others to blame and fire when things go wrong. Take accountability for your poor choices.

Nov 15, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review about ANCILE. While we have recently experienced people and strategy changes, our leadership has taken the time to communicate with the team... More

3. "Good energy, needs younger staff"

I worked at ANCILE Solutions full-time

Pros

Partially fun staff, regular activities/lunches

Cons

Primarily old employees, it could use some young blood.

4. "Agile"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elkridge, MD

I have been working at ANCILE Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Given the way that ANCILE goes to market with partners, it is important to remain as agile as possible to stay consistent with those partners and their relationships with their customers. That often has implications in every part of ANCILE. The management team is always trying to optimize the organization but be as agile as possible to support partners. I enjoy the dynamic aspect of the business and the contributions I can make to it every day.

Cons

As described above, ANCILE complements our partners portfolio to their customers. Our ability to accommodate various partnerships in different industries and markets sometimes causes conflicts and dedication of a lot of energy.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and trusting in your team members to bring the view from the market, partners, and customers to the table for constant improvement.

Nov 8, 2016 – Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for mentioning the agile environment at ANCILE. We realize the positive outcomes of agile teams, especially to remain relevant for optimal service to our partners and customers. We... More

5. "Welcoming. Respectful. Challenging."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elkridge, MD

I have been working at ANCILE Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have never had a position where the company was so immediately welcoming and respectful of my opinions and experience. There is also an increasing amount of collaboration between all departments. Executive Management is remarkably open and transparent about what is happening with the company financially and operationally. Culturally, ANCILE is a very hard working company, but is "loosening up" a bit, with social events, competitions, etc. I think one of the most remarkable things about this company, though, is the diverse range of skills people have. Many people do their jobs, but also contribute in other areas outside of their job on special projects. You literally never know how your talents will be used!

Cons

Not a "con" exactly, but ANCILE is in the middle of some pretty significant shifts in the way it does business. This means that there are adjustments to roles, responsibilities, and attitudes that may be different than in the past. As a newer employee, I don't have the history with the company, but this leaner, more sales-driven culture may not feel as comfortable as it did in the past.

Advice to Management

Expand market focus.

Oct 24, 2016 – Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review ANCILE. We aim to create a supportive environment where employees feel welcomed and respected. We value diversity and the variety of opinions and experiences... More

6. "No title"

Pros

I like working at Ancile a lot. The atmosphere is exciting and collaborative. The people here are smart, professional, helpful, and respectful.

Cons

There are no cons.

Oct 3, 2016 – Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review ANCILE. We are glad you enjoy working here! Our culture and atmosphere of collaboration and employee input has helped us all attain our solid reputation in... More

7. "ANCILE Rocks!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elkridge, MD

I have been working at ANCILE Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ANCILE is a very collaborative place to work. Everyone has a voice and contributes to the companies success. Leadership is accessible and they invest in dedicated employees through career growth, acknowledgement and rewards. It's more than just a job, it's a community and culture.

Cons

In a smaller company, most people do a variety of tasks to support company goals, so if you are looking for a very black and white job role, this may not be for you!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Oct 3, 2016 – Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review ANCILE. We pride ourselves on creating a collaborative culture which encourages employee input and feedback. Our leadership strives to be present and support... More

8. "Smart and Capable? Come on in."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elkridge, MD

I have been working at ANCILE Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone here is amazingly smart. You can rely on others to jump at the chance to help. I've honestly never worked anywhere else where the folks around me are such a great mix of capable, intelligent and selfless. It's really all about getting the work done, not taking credit. We've got enough people that you can't know everyone well, but I can walk up to just about anyone here and ask for something urgent and have them come through and lend a hand. Opportunities for growth are everywhere, if you have to have the energy and desire to pursue them.

Cons

Mentoring is spotty or non-existent. If you're not a self-starter, it's difficult to find your footing. Asking for help works as I said, but with an organization this flat, there's no clear indicator of seniority.

Advice to Management

Strategy sometimes takes time to evolve and develop. Select what's most important (and only 3 or less of those) and lean in with maximum effort.

Sep 12, 2016 – Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and review. We agree with your comment and also value the smart and innovative employees who continue to drive our success.

We have received similar feedback in the... More

"Such a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elkridge, MD

I have been working at ANCILE Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone is friendly, fun to work with and they all seem to enjoy what they do. I have worked for several companies large and small, and this is by far the best one I have ever worked for. I love their telecommuting mindset as well. I don't live in Elkridge, MD, and if it wasn't for that modern, forward thinking, I would not have had the opportunity of such a good job.

Cons

There are limitations to small companies everywhere. Nothing new here.

"Development Team"

Pros

Management listens to new ideas.

Cons

A lot of turnover from upper management.