ANGL "cute clothes" Reviews | Glassdoor

ANGL Employee Reviews about "cute clothes"

Updated 10 Apr 2019

Found 63 reviews

2.2
Jeff Sunghak Kim
Pros
  • "Cute clothes with new styles every week mostly(in 7 reviews)

• "The company did not try hard to replace managers who left the stores and had the sales associate run the store which allowed flexible scheduling(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "You get paid minimum wage and you work by yourself because the store is smaller(in 7 reviews)

• "I later found out everyone in upper management are very close friends and like to party, do drugs and drink(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "cute clothes"

Return to all Reviews

"Don't go if you have experience in retail"

I have been working at ANGL part-time

Pros

Clothes were cute Customers were nice Good for a first job for someone.

Cons

We would have a goal for the store but not commission so sometimes I felt like I was doing all the work Pay was a disgrace for the amount of work they want you to do.

Advice to Management

Add pay with commission

ANGL2017-12-13
  2. "Decent job just not for long term"

I worked at ANGL full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun people to work with besides the store manager. Cute clothes with new styles every week mostly.

Cons

WAAAAY over priced. Cheap cloths sold at high prices. My store manager was horrible even though I complained to corporate multiple times nothing happened.

Advice to Management

My advice to corporate would be to listen to your employees complaints about the management.

ANGL2017-05-16

"Worked there for a few months"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Modesto, CA

I worked at ANGL part-time for less than a year

Pros

I got to dress the dummies and I had a discount on their clothes. We got breaks when we wanted and it was nice to help people buy cute clothes that they needed for an event of some sort

Cons

Every night I had to space each hanger and that took hours because people messed everything up every 5 minutes.

Advice to Management

Hire more people, pay more

ANGL2017-05-02

"The worst company to work for"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Glendale, CA

I worked at ANGL part-time for less than a year

Pros

-cute clothes If you're hardworking, this job is easy.

Cons

-the upper management acts very unprofessional - they don't really care about your store, they want you to be intimidated and afraid of them so they can treat you poorly. I had some in-store managers who act like high schoolers even when they already have kids. Little to no hours are given even when it gets busy They change the schedule 3-5 times a week without even informing you The clothes may be cute but they...

Advice to Management

Treat your employees right! your company would not function without such hardworking individuals. Change all your managers from both upper and lower management because they are terrible! If they treat employees like dirt, employees would not want to stay in a company that treats them like that!

ANGL2016-03-11

"Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at ANGL part-time for more than a year

Pros

The clothes were cute and even though the discount wasn't much, it definitely helped when you got your paycheck. Pretty easy going job, not much foot traffic but enough to keep you busy.

Cons

Literally everything else. Started working as a minor and was forced to work 40 hour weeks because of lazy coworkers, management never cared about the store, and there's virtually no movement within the company. Don't even think about a raise, you won't get it, and emailing authority won't do anything, they don't care whatsoever. Was hired within minutes of the interview and usually the store has a fresh new set of employees...

Advice to Management

Just learn how to run a store in general and take care of your employees

ANGL2016-02-19

"Very Unorganized company; Please Stay Away"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Irvine, CA

I worked at ANGL part-time for less than a year

Pros

Cute clothes, some nice coworkers, sometimes I got to dress mannequins myself

Cons

-Not a good first job -VERY unorganized company -Working later hours than expected -Waiving lunches often -Some rude/condescending/catty managers -Minimum wage -Only 20% off for employee discount -Weird/annoying club music -NO reward/incentive if you make your sales -Too high of turnover rate (especially with store managers) -On-calls -ZERO training for sales associates -Outdated register system (they even...

Advice to Management

-Actually CARE about and appreciate your employees. -Become more organized. -Have set schedules (ex. 5-10 instead of 5-close) so your employees can actually get some sleep and so we don't have to waive lunches all the time. -Care about LP issues. -Stop doing on-calls. -Stop blaming in-store employees for your problems Just basically change everything

ANGL2016-03-05

"Stay Away"

Current Employee - Co-Manager in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at ANGL full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cute clothes. That's about it.

Cons

Even at a high volume store, they cut hours so much that now we have to close the store alone with no sales associate to help. There are no bonuses, vacation time, or benefits. They even stopped shipment after Christmas because numbers were so low and instead wanted us to make money off of leftover merchandise.

Advice to Management

Spend money to make money. Stop being cheap and if you cut hours that extremely, then you can't expect a perfectly recovered store, and you can't expect us to make numbers. You are on your way to failure.

ANGL2016-02-02