ANSYS Reviews in Lebanon, NH | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
ANSYS President and Chief Executive Officer Ajei S. Gopal
Ajei S. Gopal

Pros
  • Excellent work-life balance giving you time to think and develop ideas of your own (in 19 reviews)

• The awesome work environment is just another added incentive for your employment there (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is filled with idiots (in 8 reviews)

• low salary, difficult task to do (in 7 reviews)

1. "Test Engineer"

Current Employee - Test Engineer I in Lebanon, NH
    Current Employee - Test Engineer I in Lebanon, NH

Pros

Nice work environment, helpful ppl..
    Wonderful place for outdoor activities..

Cons

Not many places around to have fun.
    Compensation is not attractive.

"Expect no growth and zero appreciation!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, NH

I worked at ANSYS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None. The NH office location sucks, they pay low wages (lesser than other companies in the region), guys in HQ office think they're the bosses although everyone works equally hard in the team.

Cons

Everything. Low wages in NH, zero growth, zero appreciation, internal politics... You name it! This company will have it. There is a new clown in HQ trying to shuffle people which is wreaking havoc with how the company functions.

Advice to Management

People expect growth. If one group promotes members in 6 months and another group thinks people will be motivated to work as hard for 6 years to be promoted.. You know something is wrong.

"Upper management stinks!"

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Lebanon, NH
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Lebanon, NH

I have been working at ANSYS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Reasonable compensation, flexible work schedule, low stress

Cons

Managers are clueless about treating workers with respect.

Advice to Management

Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you

"Good"

Current Employee - Technical Services Engineer II in Lebanon, NH
    Current Employee - Technical Services Engineer II in Lebanon, NH

I have been working at ANSYS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good and helpful colleagues. A lot of engagement with customers which improve communication skills. You need to study all the time and be productive.

Cons

A lot of overtime which you won't get paid but you will learn out of it. Be prepared for missions and be away from home. You need to study all the time.

Advice to Management

Give opportunity

"ok to work here with reasonable salary"

Current Employee - TSE in Lebanon, NH
    Current Employee - TSE in Lebanon, NH

I have been working at ANSYS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good to work and nice environment

Cons

Low Salary . . slower growth other issues..

Advice to Management

Nothing. . .

"An excellent job which demands expertise in your background and allow you to learn and grow professionally."

Current Employee - Senior Technical Services Engineer in Lebanon, NH
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Services Engineer in Lebanon, NH

I have been working at ANSYS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

All I have learned in my field (thermal fluids, numerical methods and programming skills) is utilized as I solve the technical problems for clients day in and day out. Excellent collegiate work environment in which I can learn from my colleagues.

Cons

Promotion process is substantially slower than the industry's average.

"Mediocrity and unrestrained personal ambitions rule"

Current Employee - Technical Services Engineer in Lebanon, NH
    Current Employee - Technical Services Engineer in Lebanon, NH

Pros

In the initial stages of your career it is a good environment where you are exposed to different technologies and industries, can learn much about different simulation tools.

Cons

Especially after the 2009 layoffs there has been a top-heavy structure: many managers from a legacy organization with very little restraint imposed on their personal management styles and ambitions. A lot of work is expected from engineers and quite often not appreciated or recognized. Unreasonable requests are put on employees when office doors are closed. Many political games driven by personal ambition and personal preferences are being played. Rather than focusing on growing as a company, several managers are worried about their visibility and undermining other managers' positions. There is some sort of an intimidating atmosphere depending who your boss is so that you do not feel to express honest concerns. As a matter of fact, there is not even an HR person in the Lebanon office!

Advice to Management

Senior management could be more active and in contact with engineers. HR too could perform a survey and see if/how/why employees are not satisfied. It would help to the company long-term growth and soundness to remove some over-ambitious managers who make a lot of smoke using a lot of the company resources for self-promotion. Career counseling would help too.

"Do not work for ANSYS!"

Former Employee - Support/Services Employee in Lebanon, NH
    Former Employee - Support/Services Employee in Lebanon, NH

Pros

The atmosphere is generally casual and professional in the NH office. The vast majority of employees in the NH office are very cordial and professional. Work environment was very pleasant, and I was very satisfied with the hands-off management style of most managers.

Cons

Your job will not be at all secure in the current climate. Executives seem very two-faced and only look out for themselves. I am not the only one who feels wrongly terminated and has lost much respect for those in upper management during the most recent layoff. No reasons were given for termination; only that it was not merit-based. Did they just draw names from a hat? They even fired a janitor!

The executives claim that there were budgetary reasons for the RIF, but the SEC website reports bonuses on the order of 80-100% for executives. Jim Cashman's bonus was over 100% (just above $500k). How does he sleep at night?

Advice to Management

Keep the well-qualified people you have. During tough times, be more scrutinous of those who do not produce results instead of slapping in the face those who do. I had a deep passion for what I did for ANSYS and felt very offended after the layoff process. Offer a pay cut (I said I would take one but was denied). Be respectful and give those you cut the information and reasons for termination that they deserve. Don't just abruptly turn your back. Executives should either defer their bonus compensation or reduce it altogether. Lead by example and allow yourself the 15% that you give everyone else.