KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 440 of over 473 reviews

3.5
AO CEO John Roberts
John Roberts
Pros
  • "Great company benefits including Starbucks and spa(in 31 reviews)

• "On site facilities including canteen, starbucks(in 30 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There is no work life balance as you have long hours and mostly work 6 days a week(in 21 reviews)

• "It's fast paced and direction / strategy is liable to change regularly (e(in 20 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Idk

Sep 24, 2021 - Job Captain
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work. Recomend

Cons

Not bad place to work

Thanks for the 5 stars! All the best, AO

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good

Jul 23, 2021 - Secretary
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a pretty good place to work

Cons

There aren’t any cons I can think of

Recruitment Manager

Thanks for the 4 stars! We're so pleased that you think we're a good place to work. All the best on your AO journey!

3. 5.0

Great place to work

Jan 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is pretty good i love it

Cons

The supervisors are the problem .

Recruitment Manager

We're so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the Glassdoor community. All the best, AO.

4. 5.0

Love it

Dec 22, 2020 - Insurance Processor in Woodbury, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very friendly and very helpful

Cons

Early hours one break ok

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your review, your happiness is really important to us to it’s lovely to hear you enjoy working at AO. We really try to create an environment where everyone can thrive. We’re proud of it, so it’s great to hear that you like it too. All the best, AO.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Friendly

Aug 20, 2019 - Business Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very employee friendly company, good compensation, they have good 401k plan, vacation plan is passabale

Cons

Macro Management, they have long working hours, also some of the employees have been fired

6 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0

Working at AO

Oct 4, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work ethic, good employee

Cons

Poor consistency, poor benefits online

4 people found this review helpful

Marketing Assistant

We're so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the Glassdoor community. All the best, Vic Rogers (Chief People Officer)

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent job shame spoilt by a bad manager.

Jul 16, 2017 - Maintenance Team Leader in Sites, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great set of people overall, john (ceo and founder) such a nice guy... overall thought of well and teated good. Was a maintenace team leader had been there over 3 years,

Cons

Listen when someone is in a difficult situation with a poisonous manager and asking for help! Id be still there now if was the case loved my job and always put in 100%. Unfortunatly had to leave as unsolve issue was making it difficult to work there. Would love to be back under different circumstances.

13 people found this review helpful

AO Response

Thank you for your review We always encourage our employees to voice their opinions, and listen to all feedback. We do everything we can to help resolve any issues that are raised. It’s great to hear that you would still recommend AO as an employer of choice. AO’ers make the business a great place to work, it’s true they are a great set of people. We wish you all the best AO

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lack of clear strategy with a declining culture

Jan 21, 2022 - Former Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The people you work with at your level are usually great. Understanding, being empathetic, and wanting to do the right thing are all qualities you can find at your work level e.g. below head of roles

Cons

- Lack of strategic vision, planning and objectives. There's no clarity on where we're going OR how to even measure if we're making progress - No personal development or progression frameworks in place. There's an inability to know if you're meeting expectations to receive higher pay, be promoted etc - Reward and recognition don't exist. I understand not everyone can receive a salary increase, but simply having a reward and recognition program in place would benefit the company, to help with morale, and allow your people to know they're wanted.

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Not as rosy as advertised

Dec 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Bolton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the people are nice and show dedication and care foor the work. Subsidised Starbucks and gym membership.

Cons

Where to start? The company do not care about customers or employees. Numbers come first which means customers end up calling in repeatedly because their issue is unresolved. No managers care about this as long as the call time is low, and you're penalised for taking the time to help customers. The attitude towards disabilities is appalling. Willingness to discriminate against mental disabilities and break the law is common. Being told you're just a number and easy to replace is the icing on the cake. There's no value placed on experience or dedication, if you're a drone or if you look like you have an OnlyFans you're in.

1 person found this review helpful

AO Response

Hi, thanks for taking the time to share your experience at AO so far - and we're sad to learn it isn't what you'd hoped. Every person at AO should feel like they’re treated fairly and with respect, so your points around mental disability discrimination are concerning. We're keen to learn more about that so please contact us at PeopleTeam@ao.com. Thanks - AO.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love the job and will never leave!

Oct 20, 2021 - Customer Experience Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Great culture which is fun and holds people accountability if standards slip. * Plenty of people around to help if you are ever stuck or need advice. * Everyone is friendly and chatty. * On site facilities including canteen, starbucks. * Free parking- even if you have to do the 5 minute walk it's still free which is amazing. * Good managers who respect you as a person rather than an employee. * Good work/life balance with a mixture of shifts throughout the week. * Good holiday allowance. * AMAZING christmas party. * Excellent pay including bonus.

Cons

*Only being shut on Christmas day, this is the only con. Christmas Eve and Boxing day are so quiet and you normally get sent home on half a day anyway or after an hour. Would make much more sense to close Christmas Eve and Boxing day or at least do half days for them both as the manufacturers are shut anyway and the call volume is low.

Recruitment Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us – and for reminding us how lucky we are to have all the wonderful things you’ve mentioned. I'm so glad you’re having a great time here at AO. We'll share your thoughts on working times over Christmas with the team in Customer Services as we're always trying to find a balance with availability for customers and time off during the festive period. All the best, AO.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 440 Reviews
    </>Embed

AO Reviews FAQs

52% of AO employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated AO 3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at AO to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, management.

Popular Careers with AO Job Seekers