KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

APCO Worldwide Project Assistant Reviews

Updated Feb 2, 2021

Found 10 of over 366 reviews

4.3
APCO Worldwide Chief Executive Officer Brad Staples (no image)
Brad Staples

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Consulting

Join the conversation on

Consulting

3y

works at

Deloitte

Harshest feedback you’ve ever received?

6,874

601 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of APCO Worldwide and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Feb 2, 2021 - Project Assistant in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great growth opportunity within the org.

Cons

Not a lot of discussion around salary increase, bonuses, or promotions

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Solid for career development

May 10, 2020 - Project Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

professional development, strong community, great co-workers, good client work

Cons

low starting salary, challenging clients

3. 4.0

Oct 27, 2016 - Project Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free to run with projects. Given the chance to learn quicker than most entry-level positions.

Cons

Somewhat jumbled structure. Can sometimes be confusing on what your role is.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee

Not great culture

Nov 24, 2015 - Project Assistant- Digital in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Depending on which account you're on, you'll likely get a lot of responsibility and strategic work from the get-go.

Cons

Not great culture for junior staff, although I hear that is changing with APCO +. Bit of a churn and burn place, the digital team seems to have turned over since I worked there a year ago.

6 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0

Awesome place to work

Mar 27, 2012 - Project Assistant in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are fantastic, and it's such a positive environment. From the time I've spent at the company so far, I can tell it's going to be a place where I can work with a great time but still be independent and pursue my own interests. The opportunities they offer, such as training programs and work-abroad programs, are exciting things I hope to pursue.

Cons

They don't offer full tuition reimbursement, only partial. Other than that, I can't really think of any downsides I've noticed since working at APCO!

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work but not forever

Jul 1, 2020 - Project Assistant in Shanghai, Shanghai, Shanghai
    Business Outlook

Pros

interesting projects big/notable clients good benefits team environment (most of the time)

Cons

OT, stressful, tight deadlines management is not empathetic on you to do unrelated project work (like internal work, branding etc..) low pay

APCO Worldwide Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm glad that there are some real positives in terms of the interesting work, clients and team environment . I'd really like to understand more about some of your concerns, please do reach out to me to share some more information on this. Global Talent Director

7. 4.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

A great place to start your career

Aug 7, 2019 - Intern - Project Assistant in Brussels, Brussels
    Business Outlook

Pros

-The work is varied and intellectually stimulating; the opportunities to learn are definitely there -Great environment for young professionals (possibility to attend events and build your network etc.) -Good culture and friendly colleagues -Good HR presence: professional and helpful

Cons

-Work/life balance is sometimes hard to manage, especially at junior levels

APCO Worldwide Response

Thanks for your feedback – I’m really glad you enjoyed the role and found good opportunities to learn and grow. We are keen to have any thoughts on how culture and work/life balance can be further improved for teams, so please do get in touch to discuss further. Alison Chisnell, Global Talent Director achisnell@apcoworldwide.com

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Oct 20, 2016 - Project Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great accounts and a lot of responsibility from the start. Depending on your manager, you will grow enormously in a short amount of time.

Cons

Long hours. I can't compare to other agencies, but I usually work 12 hours a day, meaning that there is a hardly a work life balance during the week. Seems difficult to get promoted here.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Apr 3, 2014 - Project Assistant in Shanghai, Shanghai, Shanghai
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exposure to different industries and projects. Colleagues were very friendly. There were monthly cake time.

Cons

Salary was not very high. Difficult to get promotion.

10. 4.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Great experience.

Dec 6, 2013 - Project Assistant in Beijing, Beijing, Beijing
    Business Outlook

Pros

APCO is a great place to work at, you have many opportunities to learn and grow and they give entry-level employees a great deal of responsibility. Excellent culture.

Cons

They have extremely high expectations of all entry-level employees, meaning that even if you are just a Project Assistant, they will treat you as if you were early-mid level in your career.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews