ARC Document Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
ARC Document Solutions CEO and Director Suri Suriyakumar
Suri Suriyakumar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work/life balance, interesting product line outside of reprographics, great support on ideas on creative selling (in 11 reviews)

• Competitive salary, great benefits, an upper management team that listens and addresses your concerns and provides quality solutions (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Owner/upper management is completely out of touch with majority of the employee base (in 18 reviews)

• No raises for hourly employees for 10 years in many cases (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It isn't the company that is great it's the people managing it. Thumbs up the the NYC management team!

Cons

I relocated out of NYC

Advice to Management

Get me into ARC in Houston!

"Great Career so far!"

Current Employee - Information Technology in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Been with the company for over 15 years now. I am paid well with yearly salary around 100K. Company has been been fair to me and provides excellent flexibility on working locations.

Cons

Some middle management think they are the king of ARC and treat employees like Dirt.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Insulting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You would have to spend a lot of time looking for anything that would qualify this company as a "Pro", other than you do get a paycheck. Nice co-workers, and the customers are fantastic. But that's about it. Walmart, for all the jokes made, offers better benefits, and comparable pay.

Cons

After nine years without a raise I am told the MAXIMUM the company will allow after the CEO "heartfelt" message about "immediate action on salary" is... FOUR PERCENT. Yes friends, ARC values it's employees in Southern California so much, that 8-10 YEARS of employment without an increase, yields you less than 1/2% per year. Even the CPI is up 20+% in that time, so ARC believes you are worth LESS than you were at the "old" ARC, or one of it's predecessor companies. I believe they WANT long term employees to leave, so they can replace them with less experienced, minimum-wage employees, which apparently is what they believe technical work is worth (India wages are less than 5/hr).

Advice to Management

Think about retirement. Your employees built your company, and it is obvious you have NO respect for them.

"ARC"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

401k, decent benefits, possibly flexible schedule

Cons

if you are salaried employee your hours never end

Advice to Management

invest in the employees that you have, so they won't go looking elsewhere

"Do not EVER work here"

Current Employee - Senior Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Your direct supervisor is so busy filling out spreadsheets, and devising new ways to do things that DO NOT need fixing, while letting the problems fester, will have no time to really pay attention to what you are doing or not doing.

If you like racial jokes, potty humor, and an uncomfortable workplace, then your co-workers are OK.

The long suffering customers, saddled with aging equipment or outrageous pricing, are fantastic to work with.

Cons

Compensation -many have not had pay increases for 8-10+ years. Except of course for Suri, who has those large water bills keeping his vineyard green, and the other C-Suite occupants who congratulate themselves on keeping labor costs down with giant bonuses.

Compensation disparity - In some departments it's not uncommon to have one person earning more than 2X of another, for the exact same work.

Benefits are mediocre at best - what employer gives effectively a 1% 401(k) match? yes, it's free money, but not worth the trouble - which is obviously why the participation rate is so low.

Oh, and if your supervisor uses loud, offensive terms to describe others and his impressive love life, if you complain to the innefective HR, you can be sure it will be addressed with a broom and a table to sweep it under.

Advice to Management

Recognize your employees. Instead of dog and pony show "Company Surveys" actually DO something. A hard look at compensation would be a good start. There are so many bad feelings, even 25% salary increases probably would not fix the horrible morale among most of the long term employees.

"Past...Present...Future"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pros….Let’s take a moment and discuss the present (we will come back to the past under cons) currently ARC has re-aligned it’s market strategy putting its strongest attribute front and center. “Basic Business Services” that most firms use on a daily bases. Although these services lien to the AEC industry many other firms do outsource the same items in different industry. Ask this simple question to yourself…does my current employer have or use on-site print devices, does my current employer outsource any items to be printed off site, does my current employer use color graphic for trade shows, mailing, marketing, does my current employer use cloud storage or third party vendors like box or others…my guess is you said yes to some of these questions. So you can see that there is a need for “Basic Business Service” in most industry today. Let’s talk future… when speaking of future you must talk about technology, this is what drives most business today in several fields. Again ask yourself this simple question…does my current employer have accounting, need to retrieve information, store records, have a facility management department for the company. My guess is you answered yes to some of these questions. ARC offers “Basic Business Services” in the technology side as well so ARC has a good offering for today and for tomorrow and beyond. No company is perfect the old saying is you cant please all the people all the time, but you can please some of the people most of the time is still true today. You get what you put in not what is handed out.

Cons

Cons….Let’s talk about the past, 10 years ago every company had struggles and was looking for ways to survive and wait out the down turn in economy. Many firms folded, down sized or filed for bankruptcy during this time and many had to retool or offer new products and services. When you try to offer new services in a struggling economy it can be very difficult to get it right or even make a splash at keeping them afloat. Not all ideas are good ideas but if you don’t try something you will go under by doing nothing. That is what Arc did they tried something, not always getting it right but always trying to make it better until they hit on the right mark. Ask yourself this question… If I was in charge of a large firm and my industry just collapsed what would I do to keep the company a float and what new services could we offer to stay healthy and relevant to the industry, not as easy as it sounds. Don’t look bad at a company that had struggles but how or did they come out of those struggles. I have notice over the years that most people will easily quit when things get tough, I heard it like this one time…..the only difference between a quitter and a hero is the hero stood for 5 minutes longer to become victorious.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower the current employees to lead there teams, there offices, and markets… cause behind every good company is good employees…people make the difference and most job seekers are looking for good employers.

"It's been good for me"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadership supports new ideas
    Opportunities to pave new roads exists
    Valuable contributors are recognized
    Big market opportunity
    The tech side of the business is growing
    Great location

Cons

Benefits are mediocre
    Staff from old culture are not aligned with new SaaS tech culture within the business
    No office perks like lunches provided or gym memberships, commonly found at tech companies

Advice to Management

If you want to be a tech company, the business needs to look, feel and smell like a tech company. You've got much of the right team, but don't stop there.

"Good and bad"

Former Employee - Regional Solutions Consultant in Hilo, HI
    Former Employee - Regional Solutions Consultant in Hilo, HI

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some smart people that are fun to work with.

Cons

Myopic leadership - way behind the times in addressing industry needs and trends. Can't think beyond today's sales, no informed look to the future.

Advice to Management

Listen to customers, in particular grille their IT leadership to learn about industry trends and new technology.

"Great Work-Life Balance; Dynamic, Smart Team"

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time

Pros

I've only been working here a few months and it's been a great experience! My role is within the Technology Solutions division, a new team of 60 people focused on the ARC software, not the printing services. The EVP is cultivating a SaaS-like culture of people who want to innovate, take on a challenge, and have a chance to do great work. I have found the Tech division leadership to be smart, fun, interesting people who respect each other and want to hear ideas. There's a ton of room for opportunity for the marketing and sales teams, eg new website and new industries to sell into, which adds to the excitement for growth. Great life-work balance and location, office goodies, easy parking.

Cons

Health insurance options could be better.

10. "Document Solutions"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Learning new skills along side technology

Cons

I have nothing to contribute