ARC Document Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
ARC Document Solutions CEO and Director Suri Suriyakumar
Suri Suriyakumar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work/life balance, interesting product line outside of reprographics, great support on ideas on creative selling (in 11 reviews)

• Not many projects, laid-back atmosphere, contacts with the upper management works in huge favor (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Owner/upper management is completely out of touch with majority of the employee base (in 19 reviews)

• No raises and No opportunity for advancement (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fun & Progressing"

Current Employee - Technology
    Current Employee - Technology

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are great and fun to work with. You can be yourself. The pay is competitive and the climate is ever evolving. There is a lot of diversity.

Cons

The company is still merging over 200 smaller firms together and is struggling with some basic policies, procedures, and workflows. Most change seems to be driven by the west coast and little input from other areas is accepted, though this seems to be changing.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on your employees and let them take care of the customers. Listen to them and help elevate them. Modernize policies and procedures like other Silicon Valley companies. Invest in a certification program for your sales and tech teams so they are all on the same page. Build a internal promotion program, hire from within first.

2. "Director"

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time

Pros

The support and people are awesome at ARC. The really care about their people and customers. Very refreshing for a public company.

Cons

The products and services are a hidden secret to some of the customers. They have a need to educate their client base of customers as many do not know all of the services they have.

3. "Summer Associate"

Pros

Great staff to work with, everyone was very nice

Cons

Not really willing to delegate much work to the interns

4. "Manager"

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting place to work, but not a long term one for sure.

Cons

To much change and no direction. Has to be part of the good ole boys network.

5. "Good company for people who work hard"

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are tons of opportunities in the company to grow. Many regional and local management positions available and you just have to ask for more responsibilities and the company will offer them to you. Technology solutions are powerful. Customers are slow to adopt. Company always focuses on the well being of the employees while navigating tough times. They are quick to get rid of non producers. It is a good thing as our jobs will be safe and we get more opportunities to grow. Co workers are great and very service focused. They make customers happy all the time. We just had 5,000 independent customer reviews on line.

Cons

Industry going through a tough transition so we are always battling to keep sales over last year. Stressful times when we don't have good sales.

Advice to Management

continue to focus on building new solutions for customers and keep employees motivated. There is no other secret.

6. "Poor Management/Not a Company I would Recommend"

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time

Pros

The Technology Solution is smart though it's still not tweaked to deliver,

Cons

In my entire career, I have never been treated with such disrespect from management. Females are not considered equal.

7. "Marketing"

Former Employee - Senior Director in Walnut, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Walnut, CA

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Perhaps it’s location? Not a lot of traffic. Good shopping and restaurants in the area. They have some really hard working sales people.

Cons

There are recent very serious issues with the leadership in corporate Marketing. With the questionable track record of the EVP, I witnessed very inappropriate racist, sexist, and homophobic comments. A possibly gay interview candidate was rejected because of his “limp handshake,” an African American man, long-term talented employee was referred to as “lazy,” women were classified as “You know how women can’t work together.” I heard key leadership chat about their wish that Obama Care would end.

Advice to Management

This is NOT a positive progressive Bay Area company with its unethical value system.

"Challenging and Rewarding"

Current Employee - Documentation Specialist
    Current Employee - Documentation Specialist

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great manager and team. Crew has years and years of experience. The director is incredibly knowledgeable, color department knows their stuff, and the staff is so kind. We basically dominate the market and can make our own price.

Cons

Top-tiered commission. You are basically paying for your salary. You have to sell so much until you get your commission. Even then, you basically get your regular salary check as commission.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the top-tiered commission style. Do traditional commission. Sell the job, get paid, regardless of price of sale. Keep employees longer.

"Great Environment; Respectful Team"

Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Irvine, CA

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- encouraging of personal growth and goals
     - very respectful of team members
     - family-style atmosphere
     - high sense of professionalim

Cons

- corporate needs to streamline their strategies
     - more resources could be provided to empower employees to excel in their careers, to make their position goals and targets

Advice to Management

- listen to the needs of your departments, especially the sales team

"Worst Company Ever"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time

Pros

There are no pros working here.

Cons

This is by far the most disappointing stop I have made in my career. Management is awful. Leadership team are the most disingenuous people you could ever work for. Quota is unattainable, favorite phrase "we have no competition" which isn't true. Product isn't even fully functional. Also review benefits, if you are okay with 6 accrued days good luck. Change target audience constantly. I wouldn't recommend working here. This is not a place for expierenced software sales account executives, save yourself and just say no.

Advice to Management

Be realistic, your quotas are crazy and you are still figuring out if and where you fit in this space, I would not continue to hire sales reps until you figure this out.