ARC Document Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
ARC Document Solutions CEO and Director Suri Suriyakumar
Suri Suriyakumar

Pros
  • Great work/life balance, interesting product line outside of reprographics, great support on ideas on creative selling (in 10 reviews)

• Not many projects, laid-back atmosphere, contacts with the upper management works in huge favor (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Owner/upper management is completely out of touch with majority of the employee base (in 18 reviews)

• No raises for hourly employees for 10 years in many cases (in 6 reviews)

1. "Good company"

Former Employee - FM Operator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - FM Operator in New York, NY

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Northeast management was great. Good place to learn and grow for personal development and lots of hands on opportunity .

Cons

Can't transfer employment to the south.

2. "Past...Present...Future"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pros….Let’s take a moment and discuss the present (we will come back to the past under cons) currently ARC has re-aligned it’s market strategy putting its strongest attribute front and center. “Basic Business Services” that most firms use on a daily bases. Although these services lien to the AEC industry many other firms do outsource the same items in different industry. Ask this simple question to yourself…does my current employer have or use on-site print devices, does my current employer outsource any items to be printed off site, does my current employer use color graphic for trade shows, mailing, marketing, does my current employer use cloud storage or third party vendors like box or others…my guess is you said yes to some of these questions. So you can see that there is a need for “Basic Business Service” in most industry today. Let’s talk future… when speaking of future you must talk about technology, this is what drives most business today in several fields. Again ask yourself this simple question…does my current employer have accounting, need to retrieve information, store records, have a facility management department for the company. My guess is you answered yes to some of these questions. ARC offers “Basic Business Services” in the technology side as well so ARC has a good offering for today and for tomorrow and beyond. No company is perfect the old saying is you cant please all the people all the time, but you can please some of the people most of the time is still true today. You get what you put in not what is handed out.

Cons

Cons….Let’s talk about the past, 10 years ago every company had struggles and was looking for ways to survive and wait out the down turn in economy. Many firms folded, down sized or filed for bankruptcy during this time and many had to retool or offer new products and services. When you try to offer new services in a struggling economy it can be very difficult to get it right or even make a splash at keeping them afloat. Not all ideas are good ideas but if you don’t try something you will go under by doing nothing. That is what Arc did they tried something, not always getting it right but always trying to make it better until they hit on the right mark. Ask yourself this question… If I was in charge of a large firm and my industry just collapsed what would I do to keep the company a float and what new services could we offer to stay healthy and relevant to the industry, not as easy as it sounds. Don’t look bad at a company that had struggles but how or did they come out of those struggles. I have notice over the years that most people will easily quit when things get tough, I heard it like this one time…..the only difference between a quitter and a hero is the hero stood for 5 minutes longer to become victorious.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower the current employees to lead there teams, there offices, and markets… cause behind every good company is good employees…people make the difference and most job seekers are looking for good employers.

"It's been good for me"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadership supports new ideas
    Opportunities to pave new roads exists
    Valuable contributors are recognized
    Big market opportunity
    The tech side of the business is growing
    Great location

Cons

Benefits are mediocre
    Staff from old culture are not aligned with new SaaS tech culture within the business
    No office perks like lunches provided or gym memberships, commonly found at tech companies

Advice to Management

If you want to be a tech company, the business needs to look, feel and smell like a tech company. You've got much of the right team, but don't stop there.

"Good and bad"

Former Employee - Regional Solutions Consultant in Hilo, HI
    Former Employee - Regional Solutions Consultant in Hilo, HI

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some smart people that are fun to work with.

Cons

Myopic leadership - way behind the times in addressing industry needs and trends. Can't think beyond today's sales, no informed look to the future.

Advice to Management

Listen to customers, in particular grille their IT leadership to learn about industry trends and new technology.

6. "Great Work-Life Balance; Dynamic, Smart Team"

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time

Pros

I've only been working here a few months and it's been a great experience! My role is within the Technology Solutions division, a new team of 60 people focused on the ARC software, not the printing services. The EVP is cultivating a SaaS-like culture of people who want to innovate, take on a challenge, and have a chance to do great work. I have found the Tech division leadership to be smart, fun, interesting people who respect each other and want to hear ideas. There's a ton of room for opportunity for the marketing and sales teams, eg new website and new industries to sell into, which adds to the excitement for growth. Great life-work balance and location, office goodies, easy parking.

Cons

Health insurance options could be better.

7. "Document Solutions"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Learning new skills along side technology

Cons

I have nothing to contribute

"No Raises"

Former Employee - Purchasing Agent in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Purchasing Agent in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Good for starting experience

Cons

Low wages, no work flexibility

Advice to Management

Provide livable wages, listen to employee feedback

"Senior Management is Lost"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut, CA

I worked at ARC Document Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

It seems they can often hire fantastically talented people.

Cons

Management, to be charitable, does NOT empower employees. All decisions are made by 3 or 4 c-level or VP managers who do not have the experience, knowledge or competency to make most decisions. Mind you this is a public corporation with over 3,000 employees. The pro here is that their decisions often lead to corporate hilarity.

Advice to Management

You've made a very toxic environment in Walnut Creek, where the 'yes men' rule. Empower your experts. And could you possibly learn to defer to these experts who have the knowledge to make the right decisions? Also, most of the c-levels seem to work less than a full work week if you get my meaning.

"Technology Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at ARC Document Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Nice Cloud and Mobile Technology and an excellent array of Professional Services

Cons

Management changes direction every 2 months

Advice to Management

Create a solid enough plan using an outside firm if needed, that you can commit to for at least a year before changing direction.

"Still a Long Ways to Go!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ARC Document Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

A great cloud solution that is continuously being improved upon.
    Introduction into the AEC world for other opportunities should you wish to embark on.
    Global footprint with an array of services for its customers.

Cons

Tenure employees must accept the company is trying to move into the digital age. They need to either get on board or simply move on instead making it miserable for everyone else.

Senior managers are purposely turning a blind eye and are not addressing these types of employees. The "good ol' boy" culture is detrimental to this company.

Advice to Management

As long as senior operations management is on bonus compensation plans there will be no effort on their parts for investing in new talent, promoting employees within the organization or upgrading equipment and facilities.

There is no long term vision but instead selfish near sided short term earnings vision for themselves. With this modus operandi the company will not progress forward but instead will continue to stagnate.

The company must reevaluate and reassess its senior executive managers so that their individual goals will not prevent company success and growth while retaining exceptional employees