ARC Document Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
ARC Document Solutions CEO and Director Suri Suriyakumar
Suri Suriyakumar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work/life balance, interesting product line outside of reprographics, great support on ideas on creative selling (in 11 reviews)

• Not many projects, laid-back atmosphere, contacts with the upper management works in huge favor (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Owner/upper management is completely out of touch with majority of the employee base (in 19 reviews)

• No raises and No opportunity for advancement (in 7 reviews)

"Marketing"

Former Employee - Senior Director in Walnut, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Walnut, CA

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Perhaps it’s location? Not a lot of traffic. Good shopping and restaurants in the area. They have some really hard working sales people.

Cons

There are recent very serious issues with the leadership in corporate Marketing. With the questionable track record of the EVP, I witnessed very inappropriate racist, sexist, and homophobic comments. A possibly gay interview candidate was rejected because of his “limp handshake,” an African American man, long-term talented employee was referred to as “lazy,” women were classified as “You know how women can’t work together.” I heard key leadership chat about their wish that Obama Care would end.

Advice to Management

This is NOT a positive progressive Bay Area company with its unethical value system.

2. "Poor Management/Not a Company I would Recommend"

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time

Pros

The Technology Solution is smart though it's still not tweaked to deliver,

Cons

In my entire career, I have never been treated with such disrespect from management. Females are not considered equal.

"Worst Company Ever"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time

Pros

There are no pros working here.

Cons

This is by far the most disappointing stop I have made in my career. Management is awful. Leadership team are the most disingenuous people you could ever work for. Quota is unattainable, favorite phrase "we have no competition" which isn't true. Product isn't even fully functional. Also review benefits, if you are okay with 6 accrued days good luck. Change target audience constantly. I wouldn't recommend working here. This is not a place for expierenced software sales account executives, save yourself and just say no.

Advice to Management

Be realistic, your quotas are crazy and you are still figuring out if and where you fit in this space, I would not continue to hire sales reps until you figure this out.

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time

Pros

The product offering is good but lacks competitive price points to allow for more closed opportunities.

Cons

I am literally in the middle of a nightmare working for an organization that should be the poster child for MICROMANAGEMENT!!!

From the top down the management style is an average of 13 sales meetings per week not including Weekly one on one meetings with district manager and product overview meetings that are redundant.

With over 15 years of professional outside sales experience, I have never worked for an organization this off balance with regards to leadership!

From the CEO down there is no trust within the management team or style. It is absolutely maddening that a Company would Micro Manage with fear and intimidation. Ones past achievements are out the window the following week as they have a "What have you done for me lately" mentality in upper management negating any past wins or income that would be brought to the Company.

Last but not least-Stop changing your comp plan every year so your Company can line it's pockets and force sales professionals to get a math degree to figure out why they didn't make commissions that were promised.

Advice to Management

Relax and trust the professional sales team you hired. Stop micromanaging the hell out of your sales team and morale should increase along with sales wins!

For a technology Company not to rely on Salesforce for reporting is an Oxymoron. Try getting rid of the daily sales huddles and car dealership retail style meetings and trust in your sales team and all the wonderful reporting Salesforce has to offer!!!

"Operations Managerl Houston"

Current Employee - Senior Operations Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Operations Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Dedicated, hard working team members. Benefits are reasonable but do not compare to xerox or ricoh

Cons

If you work for this company, you will never hear the words thank you, great job, congratulations on delivering exceptional customer satisfaction. Oh, and by the way, you will never get a raise. Do not even expect one. I have been told that pay increases affect margin performance. This company is absolutely the worst to work for. There is no annual performance appraisal process for staff. Correction, there is a process but no one follows it. you must work for 6 years before you are entitled to the measly matched portion of your 401k. When you start for this company after the first year you are entitled to 10 days PTO time, that includes sick time PTO time no exceptions.

Advice to Management

I would advise corporate management to review human resource practices with other companies in the same field to examine their processes for annual reviews, recognition, pay increase practices, and develop a process for employee retention.

"Insulting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You would have to spend a lot of time looking for anything that would qualify this company as a "Pro", other than you do get a paycheck. Nice co-workers, and the customers are fantastic. But that's about it. Walmart, for all the jokes made, offers better benefits, and comparable pay.

Cons

After nine years without a raise I am told the MAXIMUM the company will allow after the CEO "heartfelt" message about "immediate action on salary" is... FOUR PERCENT. Yes friends, ARC values it's employees in Southern California so much, that 8-10 YEARS of employment without an increase, yields you less than 1/2% per year. Even the CPI is up 20+% in that time, so ARC believes you are worth LESS than you were at the "old" ARC, or one of it's predecessor companies. I believe they WANT long term employees to leave, so they can replace them with less experienced, minimum-wage employees, which apparently is what they believe technical work is worth (India wages are less than 5/hr).

Advice to Management

Think about retirement. Your employees built your company, and it is obvious you have NO respect for them.

"Unfortunately unorganized, and poor quality work"

Former Contractor - Document Processor in Saint Louis Park, MN
    Former Contractor - Document Processor in Saint Louis Park, MN

I worked at ARC Document Solutions as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom to come and go, unstructured

Cons

Project flow poorly managed which lead to layoffs and unsatisfied customers. DO NOT do business with this company.

Advice to Management

Look deeper at employee productivity before hiring new managers.

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Senior Accountant
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro was my fellow co-workers.

Cons

I received very little training. They let go the contractor that was training me right before month-end. Month-ends are crazy. You can be there to 10/11 at night b/c it is a very manual system. Only 1 person can post a journal entry at a time. Your journal entries are reviews prior to AND after you post them. I asked for assistance on the monthly report I was responsible for as there was no rhyme or reason to the entries. I never got it until someone complained. Mind you, this was reviews by my manager prior to Mr posting the journal entry. The controller reviewed as well. Nothing was said until then.

The senior accountant role was just a title given to get people there. It was no more than a data entry position. Entering copier counts into a spreadsheet. Nothing about this position was senior.

The first night of month-end, we got pizza. That was the only night we were feed. You wasnt allowed to leave to get something on the other 3 to 4 nights and we could be there til 10. The Saturday of month end, we had to be there by 7/8 and would be there to 5 or 6. No breakfast, just lunch. A sandwich.

I fully u understand that month end can be long, but if you have a better system, it wouldn't have been so bad. Letting us leave early or come in late once the month was closed, would have been nice.

No growth.

Advice to Management

Learn how to talk to not at your employees. So your employees some appreciation. Training would be nice.

"If you thought you had a bad job in the past- read this"

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the workers genuinely care about the work they do and are very good people.

Cons

SEVERE micromanagement
    NO raises
    POOR benefits
    10 team meetings a week
    No consistent direction
    25 required customer appointments a week
    No appointment setter, no bid support, little customer service support
    Yelling and abuse from your manager - part of the culture
    Low commissions based on funny math
    Poor equipment support, bare bones sales tools

Advice to Management

Hire a business advisor

"Senior Management is Lost"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut, CA

I worked at ARC Document Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

It seems they can often hire fantastically talented people.

Cons

Management, to be charitable, does NOT empower employees. All decisions are made by 3 or 4 c-level or VP managers who do not have the experience, knowledge or competency to make most decisions. Mind you this is a public corporation with over 3,000 employees. The pro here is that their decisions often lead to corporate hilarity.

Advice to Management

You've made a very toxic environment in Walnut Creek, where the 'yes men' rule. Empower your experts. And could you possibly learn to defer to these experts who have the knowledge to make the right decisions? Also, most of the c-levels seem to work less than a full work week if you get my meaning.