ARC Document Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
ARC Document Solutions CEO and Director Suri Suriyakumar
Suri Suriyakumar

Pros
  • Great work/life balance, interesting product line outside of reprographics, great support on ideas on creative selling (in 10 reviews)

• Not many projects, laid-back atmosphere, contacts with the upper management works in huge favor (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Owner/upper management is completely out of touch with majority of the employee base (in 18 reviews)

• No raises for hourly employees for 10 years in many cases (in 6 reviews)

1. "Past...Present...Future"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pros….Let’s take a moment and discuss the present (we will come back to the past under cons) currently ARC has re-aligned it’s market strategy putting its strongest attribute front and center. “Basic Business Services” that most firms use on a daily bases. Although these services lien to the AEC industry many other firms do outsource the same items in different industry. Ask this simple question to yourself…does my current employer have or use on-site print devices, does my current employer outsource any items to be printed off site, does my current employer use color graphic for trade shows, mailing, marketing, does my current employer use cloud storage or third party vendors like box or others…my guess is you said yes to some of these questions. So you can see that there is a need for “Basic Business Service” in most industry today. Let’s talk future… when speaking of future you must talk about technology, this is what drives most business today in several fields. Again ask yourself this simple question…does my current employer have accounting, need to retrieve information, store records, have a facility management department for the company. My guess is you answered yes to some of these questions. ARC offers “Basic Business Services” in the technology side as well so ARC has a good offering for today and for tomorrow and beyond. No company is perfect the old saying is you cant please all the people all the time, but you can please some of the people most of the time is still true today. You get what you put in not what is handed out.

Cons

Cons….Let’s talk about the past, 10 years ago every company had struggles and was looking for ways to survive and wait out the down turn in economy. Many firms folded, down sized or filed for bankruptcy during this time and many had to retool or offer new products and services. When you try to offer new services in a struggling economy it can be very difficult to get it right or even make a splash at keeping them afloat. Not all ideas are good ideas but if you don’t try something you will go under by doing nothing. That is what Arc did they tried something, not always getting it right but always trying to make it better until they hit on the right mark. Ask yourself this question… If I was in charge of a large firm and my industry just collapsed what would I do to keep the company a float and what new services could we offer to stay healthy and relevant to the industry, not as easy as it sounds. Don’t look bad at a company that had struggles but how or did they come out of those struggles. I have notice over the years that most people will easily quit when things get tough, I heard it like this one time…..the only difference between a quitter and a hero is the hero stood for 5 minutes longer to become victorious.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower the current employees to lead there teams, there offices, and markets… cause behind every good company is good employees…people make the difference and most job seekers are looking for good employers.

"Good and bad"

Former Employee - Regional Solutions Consultant in Hilo, HI
    Former Employee - Regional Solutions Consultant in Hilo, HI

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some smart people that are fun to work with.

Cons

Myopic leadership - way behind the times in addressing industry needs and trends. Can't think beyond today's sales, no informed look to the future.

Advice to Management

Listen to customers, in particular grille their IT leadership to learn about industry trends and new technology.

3. "Document Solutions"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Learning new skills along side technology

Cons

I have nothing to contribute

"Fulfilling, fast pace environment."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Document Controller in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Satisfaction of helping customers, loved the people I worked with almost like a family, hour lunches, learned about the construction in the area

Cons

Sometimes the work was too much for the amount of workers we had, sometimes there were unreasonable deadlines, worked with out of date software

6. "Thank you !"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time

Pros

Our Executive team in Costa Mesa is great. Lisa Mawson did an excellent job of having town hall meetings to keep us all informed about the direction of ARC. It helps us to know where we are going. Communication like this is the key to success. Thank you

Cons

Corporate doesn't communicate enough directly with the lower levels of employees. It would be nice to have a newsletter or something from them. Not all of us have arc email addresses so there would need to be a way to communicate those messages.

Advice to Management

Thanks to Ross and Lisa for all that they do. Much appreciated.

"ARC"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

No micromanagement.... Great company to work with... Great with flexibility

Cons

None at the time

Advice to Management

Keep all your Great employees

8. "Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, decent base salary plus car allowance, spiffs and commissions, there are a lot of ways to make more money by selling certain products or services, small rep to manager ratio means more individual support and coaching

Cons

Not enough training on specific product lines and services, not a lot of vacation time, insurance is good but expensive

9. "Great company to work for before downsizing started."

Former Employee - Production Manager in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Production Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are opportunities for advancement

Cons

The reprographics industry is slowly disappearing

"Promotes from within the organization, you can grow professionally."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Company is flexible with work schedule, nice work environment, people are great, many have been around for more than 15/20 years and grew with the company. Always new projects going on, if you are the type to put in the time/effort you can get somewhere in this company.

Cons

Company compensation/benefits and morale down due to tough economic times, many layoffs, cost cutting. Some internal systems need to be upgraded, some locations have it better than others.

Advice to Management

Lots of cost cutting going around yet Sr. Execs still receive salary increase, it would be nice to spread some of that reward back down the ladder to bring up morale.

11. "Personally, it is one of the best jobs that I have ever had."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

There is a good work / life balance.
    It is a comfortable atmosphere where everyone gets along with each other and works well together.
    Management maintains an open door policy.

Cons

Salary ranges are not competitive.