ARC Document Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
ARC Document Solutions CEO and Director Suri Suriyakumar
Suri Suriyakumar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work/life balance, interesting product line outside of reprographics, great support on ideas on creative selling (in 11 reviews)

• Not many projects, laid-back atmosphere, contacts with the upper management works in huge favor (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Owner/upper management is completely out of touch with majority of the employee base (in 19 reviews)

• No raises and No opportunity for advancement (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fun & Progressing"

Current Employee - Technology
    Current Employee - Technology

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are great and fun to work with. You can be yourself. The pay is competitive and the climate is ever evolving. There is a lot of diversity.

Cons

The company is still merging over 200 smaller firms together and is struggling with some basic policies, procedures, and workflows. Most change seems to be driven by the west coast and little input from other areas is accepted, though this seems to be changing.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on your employees and let them take care of the customers. Listen to them and help elevate them. Modernize policies and procedures like other Silicon Valley companies. Invest in a certification program for your sales and tech teams so they are all on the same page. Build a internal promotion program, hire from within first.

2. "Director"

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time

Pros

The support and people are awesome at ARC. The really care about their people and customers. Very refreshing for a public company.

Cons

The products and services are a hidden secret to some of the customers. They have a need to educate their client base of customers as many do not know all of the services they have.

3. "Summer Associate"

Pros

Great staff to work with, everyone was very nice

Cons

Not really willing to delegate much work to the interns

"Great Environment; Respectful Team"

Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Irvine, CA

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- encouraging of personal growth and goals
     - very respectful of team members
     - family-style atmosphere
     - high sense of professionalim

Cons

- corporate needs to streamline their strategies
     - more resources could be provided to empower employees to excel in their careers, to make their position goals and targets

Advice to Management

- listen to the needs of your departments, especially the sales team

"Graphic designer, print production specialist"

Current Employee - Color Design Specialist in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Color Design Specialist in Nashville, TN

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Solutions to any printing need

Cons

Double standards for certain people

Advice to Management

Not double standards

"coordinator"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

great environment to work with

Cons

Nothing really to say about CONS of working here.

"HR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leader in their space with great technology . Experienced management with track record of growth and financial responsibility.
    Creating a start-up with cloud technology in a space that they dominate.

Cons

Not a lot of public awareness about the technological advances .

Advice to Management

Unify the messaging about the direction of the company, and update hiring process to attract the talent required to take the technology products to market quickly.

"Contract Position"

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time

Pros

Flexible with work schedule if something important came up

Cons

Hard to obtain a raise

"they have been good to me"

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at this company for two years. in that two years they have been very good to me. My schedule is flexible and they make it easy to balance work life and family life. micromanaging is not an issue working here which is something I refuse to do. laid back atmosphere and I have great coworkers

Cons

there is NO training when you start. for the first month I was almost clueless cause there were no procedures in place for anything. Growth is also something that is lacking in this company as well as raises. there is NO vacation time...it comes out of your PTO time. upper management needs work as well.

"Past...Present...Future"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pros….Let’s take a moment and discuss the present (we will come back to the past under cons) currently ARC has re-aligned it’s market strategy putting its strongest attribute front and center. “Basic Business Services” that most firms use on a daily bases. Although these services lien to the AEC industry many other firms do outsource the same items in different industry. Ask this simple question to yourself…does my current employer have or use on-site print devices, does my current employer outsource any items to be printed off site, does my current employer use color graphic for trade shows, mailing, marketing, does my current employer use cloud storage or third party vendors like box or others…my guess is you said yes to some of these questions. So you can see that there is a need for “Basic Business Service” in most industry today. Let’s talk future… when speaking of future you must talk about technology, this is what drives most business today in several fields. Again ask yourself this simple question…does my current employer have accounting, need to retrieve information, store records, have a facility management department for the company. My guess is you answered yes to some of these questions. ARC offers “Basic Business Services” in the technology side as well so ARC has a good offering for today and for tomorrow and beyond. No company is perfect the old saying is you cant please all the people all the time, but you can please some of the people most of the time is still true today. You get what you put in not what is handed out.

Cons

Cons….Let’s talk about the past, 10 years ago every company had struggles and was looking for ways to survive and wait out the down turn in economy. Many firms folded, down sized or filed for bankruptcy during this time and many had to retool or offer new products and services. When you try to offer new services in a struggling economy it can be very difficult to get it right or even make a splash at keeping them afloat. Not all ideas are good ideas but if you don’t try something you will go under by doing nothing. That is what Arc did they tried something, not always getting it right but always trying to make it better until they hit on the right mark. Ask yourself this question… If I was in charge of a large firm and my industry just collapsed what would I do to keep the company a float and what new services could we offer to stay healthy and relevant to the industry, not as easy as it sounds. Don’t look bad at a company that had struggles but how or did they come out of those struggles. I have notice over the years that most people will easily quit when things get tough, I heard it like this one time…..the only difference between a quitter and a hero is the hero stood for 5 minutes longer to become victorious.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower the current employees to lead there teams, there offices, and markets… cause behind every good company is good employees…people make the difference and most job seekers are looking for good employers.