ARC Document Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
ARC Document Solutions CEO and Director Suri Suriyakumar
Suri Suriyakumar

Pros
  • Great work/life balance, interesting product line outside of reprographics, great support on ideas on creative selling (in 10 reviews)

• Not many projects, laid-back atmosphere, contacts with the upper management works in huge favor (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Owner/upper management is completely out of touch with majority of the employee base (in 18 reviews)

• No raises for hourly employees for 10 years in many cases (in 6 reviews)

"the worst experience in my life. It was a nightmare"

Former Employee - Care Giver in Woodbury, NJ
    Former Employee - Care Giver in Woodbury, NJ

Pros

Taking care of disabeled people. They are inocent and need love and attention. They have no falt. It was a blesing

Cons

Tthe company was very rude, cruel, disrespecting and treated employees like slaves.
    They did not appreciate the hard work that we did.

Advice to Management

The employees are the backbone of the company. They make your business a success. Respect them.
    They are human beings.

2. "Very disappointing!!"

Current Employee - DAT Supervisor in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - DAT Supervisor in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

I love helping people and I believe in the ARC mission.

Cons

Poor management lack of compassion towards Volunteers, to much politics and to many egos.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be revamp, and more recognition towards Volunteers.

"Violent Takeover"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Seattle, WA

Pros

Larger company, so ok benefits.
    Worldwide company, so you could feasibly transfer around the world.
    Immediate bosses WERE cool, but they've since been run off by narcissistic money grabbers who care nothing for the customer or the business.

Cons

ARC buys small companies, which is how they became a huge company, so the "ivory tower effect" is a very real thing. Meaning they're in CA and have little idea how their offices ACTUALLY run. Nor do they seem to care.

Advice to Management

ARC: pay attention to your small companies and what happens in them after you purchase them. You aren't just purchasing a business; you're purchasing the skill, experience and customer relationships of the employees who work there. You're fools to let that walk out the door because of inequitable and divisive working conditions.

"Bad time to work there, lack of direction and compensation is low!"

Former Employee - N/A in Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - N/A in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some nice people work there. Work/life balance.

Cons

Management does not communicate well, they are not prepared for the business change and cutting edge technologies to improve their business and sales revenue. Low pay and benefits are getting worse.

Advice to Management

Refresh your company ideas and ways of doing business, modernize your process and invest in hiring smart cutting edge people to help you get into the next wave of the AEC industry!

"Find elsewhere! LIES and corporate scams!"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in West Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in West Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Depending on what branch you're placed in, the employees you work with could be a plus. Working around people who have been with the company for many years prior to ARC buying out print shops nationwide can be beneficial in that they're well versed in what they do for the most part especially in the area of production. Immediate bosses WERE hardworking and pretty great to work alongside but have now been turned away due to unfair decisions made at the corporate level.

Cons

Due to poor decisions made by the CEO and his minions, regardless of what they tell you this company is doing poorly in terms of finances which results in unfair salary cuts nationwide of hardworking employees.

Advice to Management

40% who approve the CEO must be those working at the exec level. The board needs to make some drastic changes to the people at the top of the chain. I can only vouche for my experience alone, but I was brought up with the company solely on fallacies. They suck out any possible profit out of their reps and production team and then just drop them! TERRIBLE.

"Employees are extremely unhappy, company frequently performs lay offs, and compensation is low."

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the pros include: CEO, COO, CTO, and CFO is proactive and engaged, ample locations, and some really great support staff and people in production.

Cons

Employee satisfaction is low
    Senior sales consultants (there are a handful of really great ones)
    Production jobs get cut on a regular basis and physical output of projects are therefor never done quite right for clients.
    Pay is low
    Promises are never kept

Advice to Management

Treat your subordinates and consultants more respectfully, we are working as hard as we can to gain productivity.

"Horrible Place to Work - Not Competitive with Today's Saavy Work Environment"

Current Employee - Management in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Management in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment, very pleasant co-workers.

Cons

Poor leadership and lots of nepotism. Even though it is a large employer, and the smaller companies have merged, ARC Document Solutions still operates with a "mom-and-pop" mentality. Lacks modern day, tech saavy leadership. If you work here too long you will loose your competitive edge when searching for work elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to someone more qualified to run a professional operation, and who will promote a coach-like environment.

"Weak management and poor pay--go elsewhere"

Former Employee - MPS Production Center Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - MPS Production Center Specialist in Seattle, WA

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CEO and VP are highly responsive to low level workers' ideas.
    Very little mandatory overtime--good work/life balance.
    Coworkers were great (until they ran off/dismissed all of the high performing ones).
    Used to be a fun yet productive environment.

Cons

-"Temporary" pay cut three years ago that they still haven't given back to us.
    -It takes the company a very long time to accomplish anything.

Advice to Management

There's been a lot of talk about adapting to change and becoming more agile, so I think it's time you did just that. It's incredibly disheartening to work for a company that is all talk.

"Very Bad Management"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Prior to the recession you were able to make decent base plus commission.

Cons

Horrible management! The worst place I ever worked. No direction, did not value the Business development Managers, treated sales people like children.

Advice to Management

Take a look at your employees backgrounds and treat them with respect. Know you audience, humble yourselves.

"Lacks a Vision of Development for Employees"

Current Employee - Production Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Production Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Open door policy. Great great co-workers!

Cons

Poor leadership. Absolutely no training. Company culture equals nepotism and favoritism.

Advice to Management

Hire an experienced HR team trained to develop a plan to help the current employees advance into other roles. The company has been downsizing and closing branches for a number of years. Former employees are still unemployed. We need an HR department who can move the company forward to keep our skills current in the event that we are met with a layoff. Our employees need to remain competitive so that they can compete for jobs since we are continuing to close branches. We need to foster a culture of "caring" and "developing" our employees. Some employees have dedicated many years at ARC and deserve to develop their skills, therefore it is the HR department's job to make sure this happens. My advice to management is to take a good, close look at the Corporate HR leadership to see if it is doing it's job over the years to move the company in the right direction when it comes to developing our employees? OR should you be laying off, or making a complete overhall and change in the corporate human resources area?