ARI Network Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Technical Support Specialist"

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Cookeville, TN
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Cookeville, TN

I have been working at ARI Network Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family oriented, great hours, wonderful work environment, supportive mgrs and co-workers, understanding when a family emergency occurs, good off time.

Cons

salary base, no bonuses

Advice to Management

A yearly spiff or bonus would help to push employees to work harder.

"Stay away from this place"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at ARI Network Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good health and dental insurance.

Cons

Management looks at you like you're a number, rather than a valued asset.
    Our entire digital marketing team was eliminated because ARI bought their largest competitor and their competitor paid their digital marketing team significantly less.

"meh"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at ARI Network Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

casual dress code, company looks great on balance sheet

Cons

high barrier for advancement, performance expected well above industry averages with below industry average pay grades

Advice to Management

prioritize employee morale if you want to keep great talent

"Dishonesty and Incompetence"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

I worked at ARI Network Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not many. Our office had relative autonomy, but that's just because management was biding time before they could start "restructuring".

Cons

Quick summary:

- Management is incompetent and dishonest

- Most of the talented people either leave or check out mentally

- Compensation is below average. Benefits are average at best.

- Expectations are through the roof

- Morale is in the toilet

- The culture is terrible. Even though the product is software, the company has a salesman culture. Instead of putting money into improving products, they just hire more sales people to lie.

- Technical jobs are being outsourced to Belize and India

- ARI was bought out by a private equity firm. Then, the same firm bought ARI's main competitor. Ever since, they've been trying to consolidate assets, but it's been a complete train wreck.

Details:
    ARI has some of the most dishonest and incompetent management I've ever encountered. Our company was acquired by ARI in 2016 and things immediately went downhill. We were promised the moon and they kept NONE of their promises. They prevented our development team from having the resources needed to effectively do our jobs. They refused to provide us with a budget to hire new people. Our monthly office budget was less than what most people carry in their wallet. There were times when we wanted to buy pizza for an office party and we couldn't afford to buy enough for everyone because ARI nickel and dimed us to no end.

It was a constant struggle to get anything done because communication within ARI is abhorrent. Management simply has no clue what's going on and the company lacks any clear direction. They're too busy acquiring other companies to actually run the ones they own. Most of the talented people that don't leave can see the writing on the wall and have checked out mentally. I know this because I was one of them.

Getting anything done at ARI is like pulling teeth. It's an endless loop of meetings, miscommunication, and changing priorities based on nonsense that some executive pulled out of thin air. It's just laughable, it really is. It's like Office Space, but it sucks when you're actually living it.

There's so much more I could say, but I've already wasted enough of my life on this company. If you're thinking of working there, I would highly recommend that you reconsider. If you work there and you're thinking of leaving, trust your instincts.

Advice to Management

Take your "PRIDE" values and shove 'em.

I don't have any advice for these people because they wouldn't listen. They don't care about their employees. They just want to make as much money as they can in the short term so they can make their investors happy. It'll all come crashing down and unfortunately some good people will be hurt by it.

"Miserable"

I worked at ARI Network Services full-time

Pros

Started doing employee functions; health insurance Good

Cons

Terrible morale, sinking ship, Leadership change needed especially CEO

Advice to Management

Little concern for employees only personal gain for officers & PE

"ARI"

Current Employee - Website Development Department in Duluth, MN
    Current Employee - Website Development Department in Duluth, MN

I have been working at ARI Network Services full-time

Pros

Small match of 401k. Company is starting to do activities for employees. Casual work environment and dress. Decent medical and dental.

Cons

Must pay for parking. Many of the parking options provided are unsafe.
    Micromanaging. Not enough people to do what is expected out of the department. Communication issues. Constant restructuring. No resources dedicated to offshore teams. Low wages vs. area average. Boys club. Little to no growth opportunities.

Advice to Management

Allow your team to do what they are hired for. Listen. Value the people you do have.

7. "Data Publishing Engineer"

I have been working at ARI Network Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

This is a subjective topic

"Stay away for now"

I have been working at ARI Network Services full-time

Pros

Will hire anyone. PTO is good.

Cons

This company is doing great on a balance sheet, but terrible at an employee level. The company is owned by a private equity firm who is gutting US development and pushing the production of products off shore. They reinvented the wheel on a shiny new commission structure for salesmen which they quickly realized was too good for the employees so they’ve continually revising ever since (imagine getting told you have a different pay scale multiple times over a few months after management gets a feel for how much you make). There’s huge holes in the product they sell, major issues that go entirely unresolved and when asked about it’s laughed off and joked about. They will hire anyone. domestic assault, DUI, possession can all be found in a google search of employees. Moving up within he company is extremely tough.

Advice to Management

Slow down, keep your employees happy, Fix your product and you won’t lose so many customers, invest in good employees not just anyone who will take the job

9. "Hope for the future"

I worked at ARI Network Services full-time

Pros

Great employee base with many talented people.

Cons

Need to focus more on unified culture and recognizing thb efforts of very hard workers in a LEAN environment.

"Zero investment on talent... Leading to more zero's in leadership's pockets"

Former Employee - Nobody
    Former Employee - Nobody

I worked at ARI Network Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, good people, and plenty of work on outdated projects.

Cons

Shifting plans... When there is a "real" plan communicated. No investment in talent leading to top talent in multiple departments leaving. As talent leaves no replacements are brought in. Leadership seems to worry more about the bottom line than anything else. Small company trying to act like an enterprise corporation. The company was purchased by a private equity firm and that has led to more gut-reaction planning.

Advice to Management

Do you want to be an enterprise company? Do more than what you are doing. Find ways to retain your key talent. How can you invest in your people? UH OH... Hey CFO that means you have to SPEND $$$!!! Stop the reaction planning and think ahead of the curve.