ARM Holdings Reviews | Glassdoor

ARM Holdings Reviews

Updated March 28, 2017

US - All Cities Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Excellent learning opportunities and work life balance (in 63 reviews)

• The work environment at ARM centers around collaboration, and a healthy work culture (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • bad work life balance / stressful most of the time (in 15 reviews)

• As the company is growing, the culture is changing from the start-up spirit to the "big company" bureaucracy (in 6 reviews)

"ARM is great"

Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

ARM is a very good company with a strong market position

Cons

ARM is demanding at least for some roles.

Nov 2, 2015 – Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving a review! -Rick C. Social Recruiting Manager

2. "Flexible Work Environment; Great Benefits; Great People"

Current Employee - Graduate Design Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Graduate Design Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at ARM Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people I work with are friendly and intelegent. Co-workers are willing to help eachother other out which represents ARM win-win attitude.

Cons

It is easy to have a narrow focus and not be aware of what the company as a whole is doing, but the all the needed resources are available. In my particular group there is a very steep learning curve which translates into a long startup phase.

Advice to Management

Steamline processes of induction to enable new staters to be effective and productive earlier. Keep up the small company feel!

Nov 4, 2015 – Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving a review! The core of any company is the people, and we have a very open and willing to assist work culture. It's easy to put on blinders and to focus on solely on the ... More

3. "Collaboration, Energy, Individuality"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

ARM is full of creative people who understand that their different perspectives enable better solutions. There's good global collaboration and networking opportunities are plentiful. Managers really care about career growth and development. There's plenty to do - lots of ways to shine!

Cons

Some growing pains as ARM continues to meet success in a dynamic marketplace. M&A activity also brings its own challenges. All and all it is a really exciting time to be an employee at ARM, but it is not without hiccups. Also, in Austin we have Starbucks coffee - not a favorite, but we'll make do ;)

Advice to Management

Continue the open communication on road map and strategy. Continue addressing opportunities for greater efficiency - particularly with further partnership between IT and HR - as ARM grows.

Nov 2, 2015 – Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving a review! We encourage career growth and have been very grateful to have very low attrition rates, especially in the competitive high-tech industry. We've just recently hired on ... More

"Executive Assistant"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant

I have been working at ARM Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people in every region.
    Great leadership (first company I can say i've been at that has a great leadership team in place that actually cares about it's people and the company's future)
    Best benefits I've ever had at a company
    Work life balance is great

Cons

There are minor processes that could could use improvement: po approvals, expenses, legal review of contracts causes hold ups, etc.

Advice to Management

Don't let old internal processes slow down productivity.

Oct 6, 2015 – Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving a review! Another review also mentioned the great, brilliant people in every region, as well as the benefits. In comparing our reviews to our competition, work-life balance is ... More

"Great small company, now part of ARM"

Former Employee - DSP Intern in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Former Employee - DSP Intern in Deerfield Beach, FL

I worked at ARM Holdings (Less than a year)

Pros

Very laid back independent work environment with a lot of very experienced people. Everyone does their job because they want to contribute to the company. Evidently it paid off for them since they have been acquired by ARM.

Cons

All the downsides of a small company. If you don't contribute well or you under-perform, that is more visible and has a greater affect on your coworkers and the company as a whole.

Dec 8, 2015 – Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving a review, and welcome to the ARM family! As we continue to grow, we still adhere to the core values that made us a great small company: openess and communication. Don't be ... More

"Best company to work for in the semiconductor sector!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at ARM Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked in the tech/semiconductor industry for a number of years, and ARM is hands down the best company I've worked for. Everyone you meet is ridiculously smart and is a specialist in their field, but they're not cocky about it and is willing to help each other help out. Most people's egos are checked at the door as we're all trying to do a great job. They also offer a really good health benefits and PTO policy, as well as a 4 week sabbatical after 4 years of service. Most other tech companies I know have gotten rid of theirs, so it's nice to see that this is still a nice perk to reward employees who stay in the company.

Cons

Not many cons. The new Austin campus is still a work in progress, but that's growing pains, and it's still much better than the previous location. There can be a bit of bureaucracy and approvals sometimes takes a long time.

Advice to Management

The company is moving in the right direction, though some of the processes within Legal/IT/HR still needs improvement. I guess it's one of the growing pains of transitioning from a small to medium/large company/

Oct 6, 2015 – Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving a review! In a time when many tech companies are consolidating, scaling back or being acquired, ARM has been growing very rapidly, but with the right candidates who are experts ... More

8. "R&D Intern"

Pros

-Friendly and welcoming enviornment
    -Co-workers are helpful and easy to get a long wtih
    -Great work/life/school balance

Cons

-Not one I can think of

9. "Project Manager"

Pros

ARM Prioritizes its employees and exercises a beneficial work/life balance. It provides the tools to be successful.

Cons

At times, decisions are made based on individual needs rather than what's best for the company.

Oct 4, 2015 – Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving a review! -Rick C. Social Recruiting Manager

"Bright future but struggling to with growth"

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at ARM Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Brilliant staff. Plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.

Cons

Struggling with growth. A lot of position churn makes it difficult to plan projects and communicate effectively. Many projects understaffed in order to balance growth vs revenue which is understandable but stressful and limiting company performance.

Oct 6, 2015 – Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving a review! Even though we're growing at a rapid pace, we're not immune to growing pains. Balancing growth vs revenue like you said is a necessary though we try to limit doing so ... More

"work atmosphere"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

Pros

flexible timing, decent location, good vacation pals

Cons

too much politics, HR policies need to improve

Sep 21, 2015 – Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving a review of your experience at ARM. As you mentioned, we offer all employees a flexible work schedule, and all FTE employees a very generous amount of PTO, both of which help ... More