ARYZTA Reviews | Glassdoor

US - All Cities Full-time Part-time

2.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Owen Killian

Pros
  • Great people to work with and most people there are willing to help you if you have any questions (in 8 reviews)

• good benefits good place to work (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Definitely no work life balance (in 9 reviews)

• No respect for employees & absolutely NO work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

1. "Review"

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Austin, TX

I have been working at ARYZTA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good environment, employees, benefits atmosphere

Cons

schedule, no sick leave, no roth 401k

Advice to Management

keep up the great work and environment

"Aryzta, too much stress in dealing with lack of competence & accountability."

Former Employee - Maintenance Planner in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Maintenance Planner in Austin, TX

I worked at ARYZTA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Okay benefits. Main work force is really friendly.

Cons

Very poor management local and corporate. Instead of working with, you work for in a "lording over" type of environment. Think South American "El Jeffe".
    No clear business direction, at least not beyond produce, sell, run our equipment and people into the ground. Forced overtime due to lack of personnel (due to aforementioned). Personnel poorly trained and uneducated. Poor corporate decisions burdened onto hourly workers for resolution and with no accountability. Horrible pay structure. No clear / defined path for advancement. Most advancements seem to made out of necessity, Cronyism, or Nepotism hardly ever merit.

Advice to Management

Clean your house. Define, set, and communicate clear business goals and processes (detailed so there are no doubts as to the what and how). Share holders are valuable but your physical and human assets are more so. Firmly commit a large percentage of profits back into these assets for new and or improved. Hire persons that know what to do and will advance their knowledge and yours throughout their time with Aryzta. Do not shirk the warnings of your employees, lower, management, or government agencies. Do better.

"Career Suicide"

Former Employee - Finance Controller in Cicero, IL
    Former Employee - Finance Controller in Cicero, IL

I worked at ARYZTA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good pay and benefits; very liberal job titles and title doesn't reflect true responsibility. Consumer products manufactured are very good.

Cons

Senior leadership lacks any focus or vision, a lot of decisions are made erroneously. Organization structure is very poor with multiple people doing redundant work with little focus. Senior leadership likes to place blame and continually beat up middle management without offering support or guidance.

Advice to Management

Hire outside firm to help restructure.

"Packer"

Former Employee - Packer in Alsip, IL
    Former Employee - Packer in Alsip, IL

I worked at ARYZTA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a bad company to work for

Cons

The only way to work for this company is with a lot of pain killers and antidepressant medicine

Advice to Management

Turn yourself into the law

"I never do these"

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Chaska, MN
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Chaska, MN

I have been working at ARYZTA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the regular employees. Most are quitting now but the regular employees made the workplace fun. work went by in an instant and laughs could be had.

Quick Cash.
    used to be a pro that this job had easy and available overtime which, if you had the back for it, could rake you in a sizable chunk of extra cash.

My advice? if you're okay with the pay (12-14$) My advice and please listen is DO THE BARE MINIMUM. This is coming from a 'type a' workaholic. Never....EVER standout. Just be stubborn about not doing extra, but in the end do it. Make the supervisors not want to ask you to do anything. Just collect on your pay on your ONE position (dont EVER learn others. it literally HURTS to know more because of the workload) and be friendly to everyone.

I cant count the amount of times (since I know every position) that ive been FORCED to come in, to work other positions and put in the hardest position as my full time position because I knew how.

Cons

this has been the worst working experience I have ever had. The 'management', most of which have family in high places. The raises are usually 25-30 cents at best 10-15 cents yearly SOP.

The immigrants (most with fake or no papers) are the real reason this company stays afloat and upper management expects you to do the same 200% effort for no pay that they do out of desperation.

The second they realize they can push you around to do more work they will bludgeon you (on threat of firing...literally) to do absolutely everything they can so the lazy employees (who haven't learned anything...because they're lazy) dont have to.

no work to life balance
    you are a slave to their corporate (boy I sound liberal) schedule and if you have the audacity (and the management does treat it as such) to have plans be prepared to cancel them... often.... so you can be 'that person' that slowly finds themselves distanced from friends and family due to how much you cancel plans.

if you 'train' (this place doesn't train) for a 'specialized' position dont prepare to be properly referenced or certified for that position.

you plateau here at 15 dollars. HARD STOP. even supervisor pay is comparable (because of salary) at around 15 dollars (give or take a dollar) The only way to go above that is aforementioned 25 cent raises. Which also plateau unless you're a favorite.

I could tell dirt on this company that most wouldn't believe but it would give away who I am. I had to hard edit out some of the cons to keep it general too.

Just take my word for it, either follow my advice in the 'pros' or find another workplace.

Advice to Management

it goes like this. Leads listen to employees while still charge and make an effort to notice common issues in safety, work performence and efficency.
    Leads communicate common issues to supervisors who make it their job to apprised of these common issues AS WELL AS run the shift. Common way to facilitate this is (just a suggestion) a weeklymeeting addressing Productivity pitfalls, safety observations and employee attitudes poisitive and negative)
    Supervisors make a point of documenting and passing up to management these common issues, complaints, and insights to management.
    management observes, Tests and Polls Employees on these insights to implement within corporate guidelines.

NOT
    Management passes down stone tablets to the supervisors who sometimes do or dont implement these mostly asinine rules that help absolutely nothing but make the management 'feel good'

"Mechanic"

Current Employee - Electro-mechanical Technician in Stockton, CA
    Current Employee - Electro-mechanical Technician in Stockton, CA

I have been working at ARYZTA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nothing positive here, a lot of divorces

Cons

Dirty, low pay, no parts, buy your own tools . Never a set schedule

Advice to Management

Get degrees

8. "Maintenance mechanic"

Former Employee - Maintenance Mechanic in Cicero, IL
    Former Employee - Maintenance Mechanic in Cicero, IL

I worked at ARYZTA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good benefits good place to work

Cons

work on weekends not enough parking

"Incredible asset with a terrible management team"

I worked at ARYZTA full-time

Pros

Very light workforce in corporate, allowing great upward mobility if you get along with the right people.

Cons

ARYZTA could've been a great, fast-growing company, but lacks vision, strategy and talent to fail colossally in a changing market environment. It's mostly run by (expat) accountants in their 30s and 40s who have close-to-zero idea about how to run a consumer food company. ARYZTA has been giving out excuses in the past couple of years during earnings release that are largely inaccurate and misleading the investor community.

Advice to Management

Management should leave.

Buy-side funds should start looking at ARYZTA. This is a great investment opportunity where proper deal structuring for both acquisition and spin-offs and/or turnaround management can unlock a significant value.

"Scheduling Support"

Former Employee - Scheduling Support in Swedesboro, NJ
    Former Employee - Scheduling Support in Swedesboro, NJ

I worked at ARYZTA full-time

Pros

Aryzta is an international company with over 10,000 employees worldwide, providing high quality artisan baked goods.
    Tuition reimbursement a plus.

Cons

Decentralized corporate mentality, teamwork is non existent, mainly "us against them" mentality between departments and plants. Since Aryzta became the umbrella Corp, the corporate climate changed (for the worse), employees become a number, good staff left behind and looked over for advancement opportunities in exchange for a fresh faced college graduate with no life or job experience because they were a better deal on paper.

Advice to Management

Empower your staff, give them the support and leadership needed not only to do their job effectively but also to encourage them to excel.

11. "Do Not Drink the Kool Aid"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ARYZTA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They will give you stale products to taste every month and rate.

Cons

They will give you the Salary and Title, but will over work you so you only make minimum wage.

Advice to Management

End the good ole boys club, and treat all employees fairly.