ASCENT Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2019

3.2
  1. "Ascent is AWESOME"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Concord, CA

I have been working at ASCENT full-time

Pros

Responsive and have a good client base. Michael and LaReesa are stellar advocates!

Cons

Havent worked with them for very long so none at the moment. Thanks

ASCENT2019-04-19

"On the Bubble...ALL THE TIME"

Former Employee - Reporting Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at ASCENT full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hands down THE Best manager I have ever worked for. Salt of the Earth, never gets angry but does offer encouragement all the time. IT industry needs more people like him.

Cons

Pay is less than market average. Without a doubt, this is a service oriented business. I really enjoyed the time I spent when employed here but the writing was on the wall for me, I just don't fit in at this company. If you come from a Help Desk environment then you may be OK. Everything you do, minute by minute has to be entered into a timesheet. My manager said I needed to carry a tablet, pencil, and stopwatch with me at all times. Your timesheet needs to reflect minute by minute entries. So if someone calls you, start your stopwatch and record the number of minutes you are on the phone, with who, and most importantly...The Job Number. What's a Job Number? Well, each help desk ticket has a job number and you need to record the time you spend working on that ticket. Here's the tough part, when you enter the time into your timesheet you need to enter it as billable time. Therefore anytime someone talks to you it has to be billable time. The client on the phone has to pay the bill, the time spent talking to you. Well, if you're like me, I walk into the office in the morning and say "Good Morning, how are you doing today?" to my fellow coworkers. They answer back and now I just wasted 10 minutes with no job number to bill to. Later I need a cup of coffee, go to the bathroom, answering inter office emails, and other little non billable things that adds up to 10 minutes here and 10 minutes there and no place to put them on my timesheet because I don't have a job number. By the end of the day I'm 42 minutes short. The company does not like "water cooler chatter". You should not be talking to fellow employees. Even if you want to share expertise, if you don't have a job number, it is not allowed. When I call a fellow employee on the phone, the first thing they ask for is a job number. If you don't have one they hang up. At the end of the month a report is generated, how much did you bill and how much does it cost to have you as an employee. A profitability report. This determines if you will stay with the company or leave. If you like daily pressure, you will be OK here. I was only going to give this place one star because of the high pressure and low pay but the manager earned them another star for being a positive person.

ASCENT2018-10-31
  3. "Junior sql developer for etl"

I have been working at ASCENT

Pros

Not much to add here because it was a contract but they provide 401k

Cons

The health benefits were slightly higher than usual

ASCENT2018-10-12

"Contract Employee at Genentech"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at ASCENT for less than a year

Pros

Good pay and that’s it.

Cons

Everything. They call/email you multiple times in a day to get what they want from you, and once you do it, they never get back to you about your questions on time. They tell you “I will definitely figure it out for you” and will never get back to you or just simply ignore you. Terrible management for their contract employees. Medical insurance plans also SUCK. Would not recommend if you ever see Ascent hiring for contractors.

ASCENT2018-09-14
  5. "Bioprocess technician for Genentech"

Current Contractor - Bioprocess Technician in Vacaville, CA

I have been working at ASCENT for less than a year

Pros

Set up with large companies to work for that you wouldn't be looked at otherwise.

Cons

Low pay, no benefits and no actual confirmation that you'll get hired on permanently for the company you're working at.

ASCENT2017-08-29

"R&D Engineer"

I worked at ASCENT full-time

Pros

Best place to work. Best place to work. Best place to work. Best place to work.Best place to work.

Cons

Poor management. Poor management. Poor management. Poor management.Poor management.

ASCENT2017-08-14
  7. "Consultant"

I worked at ASCENT

Pros

Good working environment , work from home

Cons

Politics , Management , leave , pressure of doing good

ASCENT2016-11-09
  8. "Contract Employee"

Former Contractor - Vertriebsmanager in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at ASCENT for more than a year

Pros

I was an employee of Ascent in order to be a contractor of another company. My experience with Ascent was fantastic, my account manager was highly knowledgeable, knew all the employment laws, helped me to smoothly and efficiently onboard to both Ascent and the company I was working for (which had a lot of internal rules and regulations which made things very difficult). My account manager checked in with me to ensure I was being treated well at the company I was working for, and she answered any questions I had. Also, Ascent has an excellent onboarding meeting with new hires, introducing us to the company and explaining their company values (which was far better than the company I was actually doing the work for). When the assignment ended, Ascent was there to explain the process and ensure that this went smoothly as well.

Cons

I can't think of any cons about Ascent. I only wish that the company I was doing the work for was as professional, organized and efficient as Ascent was.

ASCENT2016-03-04

"Horrible Benefits. Avoid at all costs!"

I have been working at ASCENT for more than a year

Pros

Recruiter was very nice. That's about it.

Cons

Basically all this company did was tell me about a mass interviewthat only horescontractors so not to have to give benefits to the lowly IT workers. IF I went throught another third party I would have decent PTO and insurance. The benefits here are beyong bad. NO PAID TIME OFF! NO SICK! Healyh benefits are not affordable. 500 A MONTH FOR THE WORST PLAN AVIALBLE ON THE STATE EXCHANGE! doesn't cover anything either. The realities of America

ASCENT2015-12-11
  10. "Websphere Admin"

Websphere Administrator in Pune

I have been working at ASCENT

Pros

Good Learning Experience and Enviroment

Cons

Want To Explore With Other Company

ASCENT2015-07-27

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 14 reviews