ASI (Accessible Space, Inc.) Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Stephen Vander Schaaf
1 Rating

1. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at ASI (Accessible Space, Inc.) part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, everyone is very nice and welcoming.

Cons

The pay should be a little more but, not bad.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

2. "Property Caretaker"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Capitola, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Capitola, CA

Pros

It won't let me post it without listing some pros but I don't have any.

Cons

They still have not filled my position. These very vulnerable clients still contact me!
    I continue to be very old from toxic mold exposure. I encourage anyone in the building to contact a personal injury lawyer. They continue to have serious problems with mold and there are many very ill clients in that building. The company will not do anything about it but cover their own behinds. We're having outside inspections and they have found the worst possible kind of mold it could be yet tenants still live there. They're not renting apartments either. Three or four vacancies now of the apartments that I cleaned out that were filled with toxic black mold. We do have results by a professional as the building would not share this information period I resigned and then rescinded my resignation because I knew that the building had something to do with the way I feel. It seems like they're just letting this building go like many others. I can't believe they're leaving the tenants in this deat home trap!

Advice to Management

pray for your soul.

"RA"

Former Employee - Resident Assistant in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at ASI (Accessible Space, Inc.) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None hate this company

Cons

All nothing about this company is good. They a make it seems as if everything was going to be good and ended up full of crap

5. "Supportive housing and services for adults and seniors"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Rochester, MN
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Rochester, MN

I have been working at ASI (Accessible Space, Inc.) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Active work environment which possesses and supports adults and seniors in the active community. Tuition reimbursement, wellness rebate and PTO benefits.

Cons

Not enough locations in the area

"Unnecessary stress! Do not go there!"

Former Employee - Resident Assistant in Rochester, MN
    Former Employee - Resident Assistant in Rochester, MN

I worked at ASI (Accessible Space, Inc.) part-time

Pros

Some nice residents. Nothing else sadly..

Cons

Managemenf is horrible. He was a very messy guy. The place is full of grown bullies that talk a lot. Scheduling is messy. The manager acts like he cares for residents when really he doesn't. All talk! Waits last minute to take action!

Advice to Management

Be organized. Genuinely care for residents, lastly stop freaking people out. No wonder so many people Quit!

7. "Could have been better"

Former Employee - Resident Assistant in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at ASI (Accessible Space, Inc.) part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice to work with the elderly and make differences in their lives. Also some experience to add to resume.

Cons

Pay was low, structure was lacking, and there was very high turnover.

Advice to Management

Increase pay and create a more stable environment.

"RN"

Former Employee - Staff RN in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Staff RN in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

Loved all the residents and front line staff.

Cons

Most unethical place I have ever worked. Rules change from day to day depending on how well you are liked by HR on any particular day. You never know when you will be the flavor of the day. Poor, poor communication. Extremely unprofessional. You would go to work everyday wondering if you were next on the chopping block. Would never recommend anyone to work here.

Advice to Management

Get rid of all upper management and start over with professional and ethical people.

"Site RN"

Current Employee - Site RN in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Site RN in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

Flexible schedule, great nurse manager, residents are wonderful!!

Cons

Poor communication and support from director of program. Poor training for site supervisors and staff. Lack of direction from director. High staff turn over. All staff overworked.

Advice to Management

Improve training for site supervisors and staff. Director should have a better understanding of what the job role is of site supervisor and the needs at the sites. Be more open to employee suggestions. Improve communication throughout company

10. "7 years of building caretaker"

Former Employee - Building Caretaker in Burnsville, MN
    Former Employee - Building Caretaker in Burnsville, MN

I worked at ASI (Accessible Space, Inc.) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love building caretaker and helping out people that live there.

Cons

Help out people in there life time if I can . hopefully people would help too help me in my life.

"Property caretaker"

Former Employee - Property Caretaker in Capitola, CA
    Former Employee - Property Caretaker in Capitola, CA

I worked at ASI (Accessible Space, Inc.) (More than 8 years)

Pros

Disabled independent living... it won't let me submit until I put 5 pros? Ok.
    The benefit package was decent but change to nearly every year, sorry I'm at a loss for words. Going to try to submit this

Cons

Non profit. .. worked them most of my life,( small non profits)
    In nonprofit so this thing called spending down at the end of the year if there is a profit, this is when upper management get their new cars, there cruises in vacations.. My building has been here for 20 years.Same furniture, no gutters, extensive property damage from"simple water damage" #Mold.
    I am aware that a lot of people don't really do their jobs when their closestsupervisor is states away.
    I take pride in the job I did, enjoyed working with " people with disabilities, mentally and physically.
    Many take advantage of this freedom of no supervisors on site. I can't do that and feel good about myself.
    I have not had a vacation in this 9 years because I would call Nevada from California when I was not going to be on the clock.. following my son's death three years ago to suicide I took a lot of time off. Actually got a write up for excessive absences and to stop letting my personal life get in the way of my job that first year. If 3 years later and I'm still not completely healed and doing the best I can. They won't give me a reason why they made me surrender my keys like I was under house arrest, they decided to let the disabled tenant run the building which I've kept calm for the last 9 years, I don't think they ever got a call from my site. I'm a perfectionist, spent my own money the landscape this property that was completely dead when I arrived. I really loved this job.
    Everywhere I go I try to leave it better then when I arrived, I wish I had pictures at this place when I arrived, it smelled bad it was filthy has 6 vacant dirty apartments they handed me the keys to my unit, I had to clean out other peoples things and clean up the stench and filth, Shampoo my threadbare carpet, before I could actually move in.
    I really don't enjoy taking time and some of my harsh words out on my immediate supervisor as they are the hardest hit.. The caretakers are
     nothing. I try to do my best work wherever I go. I work for minimum wage for over 5 years, while new hires were making a lot more to begin.
    They shame, blame and humiliated tenants when asking simple questions about their rights regarding living in a building that makes them sick.
    I had a tragic" bump in the road" I said things that weren't very nice myself, and took responsibly for my part.
    I requested part time, relocation to part time, anything to keep a job.

Advice to Management

Middle management, I am sorry.
    Fat cats rule this place like our nation does.