ASI System Integration Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

1.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sonny Chabra

Pros
  • In my opinion, working for the company in an administrative capacity none whatsoever (in 2 reviews)

• Great company incentives and excellent benefits (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay, very very unprofessional , managers are unprofessional (in 10 reviews)

• Stingy, Bad management, Con-Artist employees, Don't Care about employees (in 3 reviews)

1. "Technician"

Current Employee - Field Technician in New York, NY

I have been working at ASI System Integration full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn a lot on the job, certifications and learning of different products. Staff, supervisor, and direct manager are great. Great perks

Cons

Low pay, you have to purchase your own tools, and equipment. No reimbursement for traveling to their warehouse. Tough to become a full time employee.

Advice to Management

Increase pay and have starter tools for new hires. You have them sign an agreement for the tool kit.

ASI System Integration Response

Jun 16, 2016 – Director, Business Development and Marketing

Thanks for the feedback and congrats on your employment with us! We're happy to have you on the team. Here are a couple points to address your concerns: TOOLS: The career of a technician, such ... More

2. "Terrible Company"

Current Employee - Field Technician in New York, NY

I have been working at ASI System Integration full-time (More than a year)

Pros

none. It may seems like a good opportunity at first but once you get to know them, there are no pros to working here. It's a modern day slave camp.

Cons

1. Pay is terrible,very terrible and you never get a raise.
    2. Management is terrible, lying and stingy, they don't care about employees, to them you're a work mule. Modern Day slavery.
    3. In the beginning, they give you access to do certifications for vendors and tell you it's for your benefit, do it if you want to, but then they tell you that you can't get a raise because you're lacking certs, the same certs that were for "your benefit".
    4. They constantly overload you with work and projects and tell you that you'll get double time and when it's over change to time and half, etc.
    5. You can repair a 1000 computers and misdiagnose 1 and they'll tell you can't get a raise because that one you misdiagnosed cost the company $50, are you kidding me? I guess the other 999 means nothing.
    6. There's heavy favoritism when it comes to making people full time, females have a harder time being made full time. I've witnessed and still and am witnessing it.
    7. Managers are terrible liars, they're honest about 0 of the things they tell you, they appear to be big on "delegation" or so they call, give the work away stay at home and do nothing and get paid, while you work an 8am to 10pm shift on average and get paid for an 8 to 4 shift, terrible, and when things go south you get blamed, they have you do work you're not supposed to be doing and blame you for getting it wrong, in short...managers do nothing, the supervisors do all the work. That's laziness.
    8. They give you money towards your phone bill, so apparently that gives them the right to call you whenever they feel like even if it's after work hours, wayyy after work hours, like 9, 10, 11PM at night to bother you as if you have no other life outside of ASI. You're not entitled to have a life of your own once you work here.
    9. If the director doesn't like you, good luck moving up the ladder.
    10. They offer you promotions without a pay raise and make you do extra work for the same standard pay like everybody else.
    10. They claim to be a family and try their best to sell you that dream. Don't buy it...I'd rather be jobless than continue working here.

Advice to Management

1. Stop being cheap.
    2. Stop severely underpaying your employees.
    3. Stop lying to your employees.
    4. Stop the favoritism, especially among Managers and the director and hindering potential progress of your people.
    5. I would fire the director and all the managers and start fresh.

3. "Field Service"

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at ASI System Integration full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I do not see anything about this company that will make it a pro to work. Probably management loves it because they're the only ones that get raises and treated like human beings.

Cons

Stingy, Bad management, Con-Artist employees, Don't Care about employees. hold your pay a lot. DO NOT WORK HERE!. I wish i looked at the glass door review before i started here. They go for contracts at the dirt low price and have no one to go onsite to work on these calls. They tell you they have 100's of techs and when you start out you then find out that only 3- 5 techs are actually in the field. One day you're driving to working your field then they sneak a NY or NJ or PA ticket in your queue and demand that you go to it. You'll find yourself working 8 hours in your shift and another 8 in the night and expect you to work your shift the next day. Do not say no to them because they will hold your expenses and pay. I've noticed that every ticket i said no to; somehow your expenses go from approved to referred. DO NOT WORK HERE. It's not worth the stress.

Advice to Management

employees are people too. Your engineers are representing you when on site. Take care of them and they will take care of your company.

5. "Worst Managment ever"

Former Employee - Field Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Field Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at ASI System Integration (Less than a year)

Pros

I did not see anything good in this company. The field service manager had attitude all bad and no clue on how to deal with workers. The field engineers where great.

Cons

Management issues and dispatchers have no idea what there doing

Advice to Management

They need new management

"Great Stepping Stone - Low Base Pay"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in New York, NY

I worked at ASI System Integration full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Diverse culture. Really nice, clean, spacious, two floor office. Company holiday party with free food and open bar! No micromanagement as long as you were on track. Management will discuss with you if you were not achieving the unset goals but were likely to listen and help if you went to them if you were in a slump.

Cons

Extremely low pay. Base pay is comparable to fast food industry. Commissions were some times not paid on time where you would have to wait until the next payroll or month to get paid. Management did not help in personal and professional growth. I have asked about interest in another department but was told that horizontal movement would mean lower salary? I do not know how much lower it could have gotten. When I asked for consideration to be promoted, or at least start the process to be trained for the higher level position, I was told that although my productivity was high 90% of the time, that the 10% of my slumps in meetings set, tardiness, and PTO's taken would hinder me to be up for consideration. I was then told that I would be on watch for the next few months. After the few months were done, I was presented with another list of cons although my team and I have over performed in the history of that department. It brought me to the point where I had to look elsewhere for other opportunities. I was able to find the same position that offered double the base salary with a concrete path in place to be promoted. This is a great stepping stone to put on your resume but definitely not a place to grow. They hire externally for upper level positions. Management and HR are in cahoots and assist management in hindering employee professional growth and upward mobility. No opportunity to learn more and to take on new responsibility. It was a miserable experience purchasing corporate suits but not making corporate money to make up my rent and living expenses. No 401K matching. Benefits are expensive and solely employee paid.

Advice to Management

Assist your employees with professional growth initiatives. Give them more responsibilities. Have trust and faith in the employees that you hire or else don't hire them. Realize that you have to offer a livable salary to people in New York City where we have one of the highest costs of living.

ASI System Integration Response

Feb 22, 2017 – Director, Business Development and Marketing

Hope you were able to learn some great start-up technical skills at ASI that you can put to use in your career! All experiences in life, professional or otherwise, are great learning moments which ... More

7. "Stepping Stone"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at ASI System Integration full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Got a full time job

Cons

Low Pay, 9 hour days, Horrible Health Benefits

8. "DOE Installer"

Current Employee - DOE Installer in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - DOE Installer in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at ASI System Integration full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a beginner in the IT field, it is a best to get a good start.

Cons

If you are not a beginner in IT field, waste of time to work there.

Advice to Management

No comment

"the worst"

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at ASI System Integration (Less than a year)

Pros

None. absent. awful. unprofessional. awful.

Cons

Everything. Stay away form these morons.

Advice to Management

Get a life

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at ASI System Integration (Less than a year)

Pros

Don't have any pro comments.

Cons

No organization, management doesn't know whats going on.

Advice to Management

Look at your people running the company

11. "opportunity knocks"

Current Employee - Support Services Specialist in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Support Services Specialist in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at ASI System Integration (Less than a year)

Pros

a foot in the door

Cons

low pay, few hours, and no real schedule