ASRC Federal Holding Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Mark Gray

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "This company promotes a good work life balance" (in 12 reviews)

• "Stand up company, good benefits" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "lack of communication with manager and other upper management" (in 9 reviews)

• "The work environment has consistently been in a downward slide" (in 5 reviews)

"4 Years and happy!"

Current Employee - Manager in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Manager in Columbia, MD

I have been working at ASRC Federal Holding Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really appreciate the culture at ASRC Federal. Yes, it's a defense contractor so there are nuances, as there are with any defense contractor, but the mission and culture resonate with me. Not sure why others say benefits are bad. The benefits are actually incredibly competitive. The tuition reimbursement, medical and PTO are generous. I also genuinely respect senior leadership- to me they appear very approachable and down to earth. In addition, each and every time I have the opportunity to meet colleagues in the field I'm impressed by their caliber and dedication. Giving back to a worthy community makes my job 10 times better than giving back to wall street- just saying!

Cons

Employees are spread across the US so it's a bit more difficult to connect, but I know that is the case for all large companies.

Advice to Management

Stay true to you- I appreciate what you're doing!

2. "Records Management Specialist/ Docket Specialist"

Former Employee - Docket Specialist
    Former Employee - Docket Specialist

I worked at ASRC Federal Holding Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I dont have any bad things to say, just I wish I would have stayed with company...hoping and praying to get back. Good people, Good pay, Take pride in the company

Cons

Nothing I can say bad

"Healthcare Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Healthcare Business Analyst in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Healthcare Business Analyst in Reston, VA

I have been working at ASRC Federal Holding Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very nice people and coworkers.

Cons

Management is very incompetent and absent. Managers don't provide any support or guidance at all. Management doesn't know how employees are performing and doesn't support growth. Managers only care about and promote their "friends". There are no growth opportunities in the company.

"ASRC Federals Self Interest Comes First"

Former Employee - Senor GIS Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Senor GIS Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at ASRC Federal Holding Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

steady paycheck until i got fired

Cons

Poor management, poor communication skills, inability to manage client contracts, staff, and projects.

Advice to Management

After over 9 years of employment you fired me 2 weeks before Christmas because you mismanaged the funding for my project. Had you not spent so much money on USELESS ineffective management maybe i would have had enough funding to do the actual work. I had 6 different project managers with a years time. none of them were effective. There were more people supervising me than actually doing the work. I stuck t out through some really tough times out of loyalty and you repaid that loyalty by firing me 2 weeks before Christmas. Your ONLY interest is money you care nothing about people. I wonder if the Alaskan Natives you are using as a front for your companies ownership to get special consideration know how badly you treat people?

"Corporate Leadship"

Former Employee - Accounting in Greenbelt, MD
    Former Employee - Accounting in Greenbelt, MD

I worked at ASRC Federal Holding Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros for this company.

Cons

ASRC is acquiring companies without regards to required infrastructure. They are motivated to be the low cost bidder and will sacrifice their responsibilities to remain the low cost provider. This company is unfairly wedging its way into a space that is highly regulated while not paying attention to staffing and regulatory requirements. I'm surprised that the other big government contractors haven't caught on and started actively resisting ASRC's entry into this space.

Advice to Management

Staff appropriately to support your acquisitions and government compliance requirements.

6. "Easy Going Culture"

Current Employee - Scheduler in Greenbelt, MD
    Current Employee - Scheduler in Greenbelt, MD

I have been working at ASRC Federal Holding Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, benefits, and work like balance.

Cons

Seems to be a lack of advancement opportunities and location isn't ideal.

"A choice between great work environment and great pay"

I have been working at ASRC Federal Holding Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great work environment.
    Pretty much a "badge-less" government setting

Cons

Compensation does not match the level of experience or workload. Annual "merit" raises barely cover the increase in out-of-pocket benefits or cost of living increases.

I have worked on my current government contract for many years. Prior to ASRC winning the contract, the overall employee view of the company was very positive. After the change raises became increasingly smaller over the years, there have been many changes to HR policies and tools, and nothing has been seamless.

Advice to Management

If you spend more time focusing on keeping your employees happy rather than the bottom line or satisfying the customer, you will have greater success. Happy and well-compensated employees perform better and in turn, keep the customers satisfied.

8. "ASRC great company to work for with varying opportunities."

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at ASRC Federal Holding Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Many opportunities on a variety of contracts in many states and for a variety of customers.
    Current manager goes to bat for employees 100%

Cons

Slow to roll out new of changes to corporate policies to folks down the chain.

Advice to Management

Communication to all folks of news. Even if the answer is "there is no new status"

"A job's a job"

Pros

Somewhat flexible hours can compensate for otherwise boring work

Cons

Low end of pay scale for experience and education

"Poor Management, Poor Culture, Good Work-Life Balance"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC

Pros

Fair compensation, and a generous work-life balance.

Cons

No defined company culture, which is hard to achieve when the company essentially acts as an umbrella for many separate government contracts. As an entry-level employee, I've been given little responsibility from the management on my contract and have had to assert myself multiple times to receive work. This a company to work for if you want to sit comfortably on your hands, not if you have an interest in advancing your career.

Advice to Management

Provide more training, opportunities for career advancement, and build a better company culture to retain top talent.