AT&T Reviews in Anaheim, CA | Glassdoor

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Salesperson sells phones"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at AT&T (More than 5 years)

Pros

Gteat place to work for anyone

Cons

None that I can think of

2. "Best Company Ever"

Former Employee - Ad Composer in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Ad Composer in Anaheim, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

AT&T is a very good company to work for, it gives you a change for advancement from within. It also had a good pay rate.

Cons

They made sure you did your work managers were walking around checking your work

Advice to Management

Relax enjoy life

"AT&T Corporation Small Business"

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent training. Wonderful benefits such as medical, dental, vision, employee assistance program, 401K, pension, paid FMLA time if for yourself, life insurance, nice amount of vacation time and personal days off time. Very good pay.....,,, top pay at $32 an hour at this time..... if working with business or residence phone lines........not wireless. Companies just don't pay that much anymore for jobs that one can land right out of high school. Pretty strong union.

Cons

The jobs no longer feel stable. Started working there in my teens and I was fortunate to be able to take an early retirement buyout after 29 years of service because the office was closing and the job title was moving out of state. Not the company it used to be when it was Pacific Telephone, Pac Bell, and than SBC. Very strict attendance and tardy policy, which can sometimes be difficult if you have little ones, but do-able.

Advice to Management

Regarding the sales departments I would say throw away the scripts and the sales being so much more important than the ethics. Be a little bit more picky when promoting to management. Some of the managers are not very professional ie....their grammar for example.

4. "Sr. Spec. Equipment Design Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Specialist Equipment Design Engineer in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Specialist Equipment Design Engineer in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay and flexibility if you can get to the individual contributor management positions.

Cons

industry is downsizing right now as telecommunications companies move to cloud environments and new Software Defined Networks.

Advice to Management

as industry downsizes, be ready to take on increased geographical workload.

AT&T Response

Jun 17, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We are growing everyday with new technologies and innovative solutions and with that comes change that can be frequent but necessary. We appreciate you and all of your hard work and flexibility... More

5. "A review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Pros

Great benefits, union, great computer system

Cons

Outsourced all jobs, too controlling

Advice to Management

Don't outsource

6. "Customer Service Representative"

I worked at AT&T full-time

Pros

Union, Benefits, Wage increase every 6 months per contract

Cons

Micro managing, downsizing, lay offs

7. "AT&T was as good as the boss you got"

Former Employee - Channel Manager in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Channel Manager in Anaheim, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

For the most part, AT&T provided opportunity for growth and career advancement. If you were in a group with good management, you could work hard and get rewarded. The pay was good and the work challenging.

Cons

It is very hard to remove a bad manager. Therefore, if you had a good job and a bad manager, you were better off changing jobs. than waiting for the manager to move.

Advice to Management

Make sure that the mid-level managers are respected by the managers and employees below them and be willing to move a bad manager quickly, rather than let the organization suffer. Often we would hear about the importance of teamwork and respect from the officers, only to have Directors who managed by fiat. Overall, I had great career and did well, but I did leave early due to the mistreatment of employees and the fact that despite the knowledge by higher ups, nothing was done change the management.

8. "Started in Anaheim excited because of perception of brand...but realized later that is was managed through intimidation."

Former Employee - Home Solutions Manager in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Home Solutions Manager in Anaheim, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are good. Great service if plant is available and verified, which caused problems in newly opened service areas.

Cons

Very micromanaged. Your every move is tracked by GPS. Lack of team environment to the point that stealing the sale of a team mate was accepted.

Advice to Management

Create more positive team work environment

9. "worked under the construction engineering department, a very misleading title for Financial Analyst Level 1 position."

Current Contractor - Financial Analyst Level I in Anaheim, CA
    Current Contractor - Financial Analyst Level I in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at AT&T as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

job trainer and training materials are sort of helpful.

Cons

Big communication gap between supervisors and contractors. Since they treat you as non-employee they basically prefer not to have direct contact with the contractors, nor have sufficient channel to express their comments through recruiting agent. Working environment and facility is hundred years old. Again, the Financial Analyst 1 title is completely a spam. Editing PO and calculating on unit prices routinely everyday should not entitle for Financial Analyst but Data Entry Clerk. Career Development is zero or negative.

Advice to Management

Give more direct and clear instructions and orders if you want to have people understand what your standards are.

10. "Better than you think with lots of opportunity if you're willing to be flexible..."

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Anaheim, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits and time off, great place to learn about telecom and technology

Cons

With large companies you don't always get rewarded for your work, office politics but that is everywhere

Advice to Management

Utilize the skills of your people and believe in them, when hiring - consider former employees as well

Showing 26 of 20,482 reviews