AT&T Reviews in Ann Arbor, MI | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 18, 2018

3.9
AT&T Chairman and CEO  Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
  1. "Retail sales consultant review"

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay, benefits, room to grow

Cons

Demanding of time and energy

AT&T2016-10-10
  2. "A company I never thought I’d work for..."

Current Employee - Premise Technician in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at AT&T full-time for less than a year

Pros

Wage, 401k, Benefits, Low Overhead, Hours

Cons

One weekend off per month, Work in all weather conditions, Some plant is difficult to work in, Open 365 days a year

Advice to Management

Coach up more, Train all employees for all skills that coincide with the job tasks.

AT&T2018-02-19
  3. "Mixed Bag"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at AT&T part-time for more than a year

Pros

The base pay was good + commission at the end of the month. Coworkers were cool

Cons

High stress, if you are 1 minute late - you get in trouble, pressure sales tactics.

Advice to Management

Set realistic expectations.

AT&T2016-11-05
  4. "Retail Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work environment, great discounts on Directv and wireless services, decent compensation with hourly plus monthly commission

Cons

6 month waiting period on health benefits, inconsistent management styles with different message sobifs hard to know expectations from day to day

Advice to Management

Treat the front line employees like they are the front line. Customers get very upset about service and phone issues and in store employees have no means to up these customers. Customer service has to do warranties and then customer go days without a working device.

AT&T2016-07-07

"Disappointing"

I have been working at AT&T full-time for less than a year

Pros

Discount on home services You know what you're schedule is a month in advance. Ramp up for new employees is 6 mts

Cons

Health benefits don't kick in until 6mths later Training doesn't teach you how to sell services Also doesn't prepare you for commission.. It's like how do we get paid??? You should want us to know and get excited about selling Puts a lot on emphasis on Digital Life sells...

Advice to Management

Training is atrocious. If I hadn't worked for companies that have taught me how to sell... I'd be in hot water. Change the training curriculum to actually represent and show how customer interactions will look like for Direct tv... Digital life... Show common customer oppositions though interactions with reps... Not a script... That's cookie cutter out dated and will probably never happen.

AT&T2016-02-18

"Disappointing"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Ypsilanti, MI

I have been working at AT&T full-time for less than a year

Pros

Variety of products to sell Customer focused

Cons

Training experience wasn't that great. Traveled to another state for training when there's a training facility 20 mins from my house... that started the week before mine. It was extended an extra week due to scheduling conflict over the holiday. Benefits don't kick in until after 6 mths. So if your looking for things like health insurance for your children...choose wisely. Payroll systems seem a bit behind the times... first check is sent in the mail...(mine was lost)... direct deposit can only split your check into two accounts.

Advice to Management

I'm starting to fill like a guinea pig with a training class that may have been thrown together in another state just to fill seats. A note for the instructors: Train employees how you would want employees to educate customers. If you communicate with employees as if they are idiots...imagine what picture you're now painting. Also... felt like what was done could have easily been completed in the store... from a computer. I didn't grasp the value and benefit of the travel-to-train process from this company. Save company dollars if travel isn't necessary. (Especially with a training facility 20 mins away) Please look into benefits starting day one.(This may be a stretch) Biggest issue is the payroll. Please update this system. If you set up direct deposit on your first day hired, no reason why an employee should be almost a month into employment and check-less.

AT&T2015-12-13
  7. "translator"

in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

The colleagues are very friendly and proficient. And the payment is good

Cons

I can not think about cons until now.

AT&T2015-09-02

""Much is given, but Much More is required""

I have been working at AT&T full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great starting hourly pay, great commission structure, awesome benefits (when they kick in), Unionized workplace if you have plans to stay with the company a long time, stable job if not on corrective action.

Cons

Constantly coming out with more goals/metrics to meet that doesn't compensate, hitting and exceeding quotas are never good enough, health benefits take 6 MONTHS TO START COVERAGE, or use cobra, discount on Services with AT&T takes 3 months, being lowest in seniority gets you the worst schedule and it will be that way until someone above you in seniority quits or they hire someone after you.

AT&T2014-05-28
  9. "Great place for those in school or looking for sales"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Salary Great benefits Great perks (received new phones constantly, whether through employee program or through contests) Growth

Cons

Retail hours Customer facing, so be prepared to deal with everything you can think of

Advice to Management

Better Incentives for long term employees. Understand the in store complaints are more than just employees complaining and they actually mean what they say.

AT&T2014-02-18
  10. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

AT&T is a great company to work for. They offer great pay, 401k and insurance. You also get vacation time, sick time and paid holidays. The pay is definitely the best reason to work for the company.

Cons

At AT&T things are always changing. Seems ok at first but that just throws all sorts of random things that they try and get you to sell. It changes every month. Focuses shift constantly. In the RSC field dealing with the public can really also take a tole on your stress level.

AT&T2013-02-27