AT&T Reviews in Asheville, NC | Glassdoor

Randall L. Stephenson

"Wire Technician"

Current Employee - AT&T Wire Technician in Asheville, NC

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Well I dont have to be concerned about what to wear since we are provided uniforms that seem to get a bit better every year. Pay rate is up to one of the most highest skilled profession in the area thanks to the cwa union negotiations with corporate.

Cons

There is the point that we get one weekend off in a four week period that can be hard to plan things. Especially when our schedule changes and have a 6 day work week but it is good over time.

Advice to Management

Not sure how other managers are but mine alway keeps us in mind when it comes to safety and personal life. I hope others do the same. I feel blessed to work with those great people.

AT&T2018-09-21
  2. "Retail Sales Consultant"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Asheville, NC

I worked at AT&T part-time for less than a year

Pros

Insurance, fair hourly pay + commission

Cons

Too much middle management and micromanaging.

Advice to Management

When you have overwhelming evidence that a manager needs to go, get rid of the manager (missing money multiple occasions, left store unlocked, 100% negative employee reviews)

AT&T2017-04-29
  3. "A titan in decline"

Former Employee - Wire Technician in Arden, NC

I worked at AT&T

Pros

Training is broad, constant, and generally encouraged, time allowing. That time varies market to market, but given enough time you'd have to make an effort to make sure your skill set DOESN'T expand.

Cons

Bureaucratic nonsense from management hampers real progress in the workforce and infrastructure of the company on a daily basis. AT&T used to be a powerhouse of innovation and implementation, but is now functions solely to pat itself on the back at quarterly stockholder meetings. If any decent tech makes its way into the world, it's incidental.

Advice to Management

Place control of operations back in the hands of men and women who have performed field and development work. The con of letting accountants run the show strictly to make money through trickery is a lucrative one, but ultimately stifling as newer, better motivated outfits design and implement the technology that will operate in the future.

AT&T2017-01-11
  4. "Retail Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Retail Management in Asheville, NC

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great training programs for ongoing education on industry knowledge, customer satisfaction and newly introduced programs. Commission based structure is well established and the ability to excel is achievable for a successful sales manager. Clear expectations on what is expected through diligent communicatyion.

Cons

Balance of family/ personal life with expectations of retail management, as would be with any company and/or corporation.

Advice to Management

Stay in touch with what happens day to day in the corporate retail stores. More input from front line management and sales consultants on what is working and what is not.

AT&T2013-02-19
  5. "awful management unless your part of the boys club. Great Company when it was Bellsouth."

Former Employee - Directory Account Representative in Asheville, NC

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good money, good insurance thanks to Union

Cons

constant changes in programs and payment structures. change to rules when it pleases or benefits managment

Advice to Management

try to honestly make an effort to ride with your reps, not to critique, but to realize what goes on with customers and utilize that information to make better relationships in keeping customers and stop stressing out the reps.

AT&T2012-09-11

"Prem Tech"

Current Employee - Technician in Asheville, NC

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Technology is great with U-Verse

Cons

Terrible pay scale. Company is spreadsheet run; numbers are everything. Talk one side of mouth about safety and quality, but you'll be fired if you don't meet their extremely aggressive numbers

Advice to Management

get in touch with what happens every day in the field. Prem Techs are your representative to the customer, and you treat them like dog poop.

AT&T2009-12-24