AT&T Associate Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Randall L. Stephenson
  1. "No complaints"

Current Employee - Associate Business Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AT&T full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, vacation allowances and location flexibility. Excellent access to employee development training to change career paths within the company.

Cons

Downsides are typical office politics common to large corporations.

AT&T2017-04-13
  2. "Decent benefits for the USA but wage stagnation and general dancing around promotion/progression."

Current Employee - Associate Business Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent benefits in terms of health, dental, vision, HSA (will sometimes match up to $500) and 401k (6% match) Average time off starting around 18 days now. Employee discounts including DTV with HBO, cell service, ISP.

Cons

Wage stagnation. Promised promotions and progressions are withheld due to the most minor of technicalities that they caused. Cost of living increases are not adequate. Especially considering they love sending out emails to tell us how well they are doing. Bad policy decisions regarding employee location. New round of layoffs every 4-6 months typically, meaning either work cheap, be an exec, or get out.

Advice to Management

Compensate your employees appropriately. Quit with the re-orgs and layoffs every few months. Stop rubbing the success we build you in our faces if you’re not going to share our generated wealth.

AT&T2019-05-10
  3. "Associate Service Manager"

Former Employee - Associate Service Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great industry knowledge gained with great amount of training at your finger tips. The AT&T brand looks great on my resume.

Cons

We were focused on irrelevant metrics. Upper management was in it for themselves. Nobody was focused on anything but their next promotion. High turnover rate because every mentor you talk to says to move jobs every 2 years. I just don't care for this type of work environment at all.

Advice to Management

Moving jobs every 2 years isn't what every person desires. It wasn't written anywhere, but it was preached from the VP level down.

AT&T2017-08-02
  4. "College hire program"

Current Employee - Associate Client Service Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

you get a pay check every 2 weeks, that's it

Cons

its a call center, plain and simple. Its boring, this job can be done from home but they continue to force you to come in. The retention rate is low. 6 people left in one month. The pay is terrible for how many accounts we manage

Advice to Management

dont even think about it, this company is all about politics how can leadership use you for a better connection

AT&T2017-03-17

"Good for entry level"

Former Employee - Associate Project Manager in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits and a comfortable environment to work in.

Cons

Management can be overly critical sometimes which makes career advancement all about who you know.

Advice to Management

Respect the diversity of your employees. Every person and their unique abilities are important so they deserve a chance to shine.

AT&T2016-03-18
  6. "Project Management"

Current Employee - Associate Project Manager in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Mid-Level Leadership, supportive team members within direct org and some outside of org.

Cons

Biggest con is that there are few job opportunities in my geographical area.

AT&T2015-07-24
  7. "AT&T has been a great company for me to start my corporate career with right out of college."

Current Employee - Associate Project Manager

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

great benefits and flexible hours

Cons

sometimes you get stuck doing a job you weren't hired for due to the needs of the business constantly changing, but that is Corporate America for you.

AT&T2015-05-11
  8. "Great company to work for. Takes very good care of employees"

Current Employee - Associate Project Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at AT&T full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere, competitive pay, great benefits, and plenty of places to move within the company!

Cons

Required to stay in your position 1.5 years before you can transfer within the company.

AT&T2014-09-03
  9. "Good company, slow move up"

Former Employee - Associate Project Manager in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great compensation and benefits, ability to work on various IT projects. Good training on internal process and certifications. Well established tools and processes. Ability to work remotely.

Cons

Hard to move up within the company. Certifications like PMP is hard to sponsored by employer - need to achieve on your own. Raises are very low. Not the best commute.

Advice to Management

Better support of outside certifications for project managers - especially with PMI certifications.

AT&T2014-03-21

"The definition of "corporate America""

Current Employee - Associate IT Project Manager in Middletown, NJ

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

AT&T is a great place to work if you don't mind working over the telephone with the majority of your co-workers. People are generally nice, but you don't form a relationship with your co-workers because you are mostly working over the phone with them. You are constantly surrounded by intelligent people who can really help to develop your professional career.

Cons

Too much overhead, morale is low during these hard economic times. The corporate environment does not allow for fast decisions. Projects that should take only a few weeks end up being dragged out over the course of 6 months to a year or longer.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and implement the changes they are requesting. Find a better balance between business need and employee satisfaction.

AT&T2008-06-12