AT&T Center Reviews | Glassdoor

John Sparks

1. "Lot Director"

Former Employee - Lot Director in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Lot Director in San Antonio, TX

I worked at AT&T Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I got to meet alot if NBA players and news people ..

Cons

In the cold weather long periods of time .

"Customer service rep"

Former Employee - TELESALES Representative in Florence, KY
    Former Employee - TELESALES Representative in Florence, KY

Pros

Great customer service inbound calls

Cons

Working with all types of people

"Emoloyees are not important to this company regardless of how long you've worked for them."

Former Employee - Customer Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at AT&T Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Bonuses are good at first, they are always adding new services. I don't realy have anything good to say about AT&T.

Cons

Sales calls are screened and some go to India, and private contract companies, leaving you with billing customers only to make quota. They often change the bonus pay structure to suite themvby making it mire difficult to keep the money you made. I had thiysands taken away from me because a customer space I sold a cell phone too call in and cancelled it before 3 weeks I know of one who called 4 months after buying it and they still took away my $3000 - $4000 bonus after all the hard work employees just left there feeling raped and violated this company is the worst company I've ever worked for the Union lies to you and then and the company lies to you and they work together agsindt the employees. If you're thinking about working for this company please proceed with caution. At first we started with the ability to make up to 7,000 dollars per month in bonus the hourly rate was low starting you off around maybe 14 $15 $16 an hour after the first 6 months he quickly dropped down to $5000 bonus we could make due to the company changing its Matrix after being there for 6 to 7 years the maximum bonus that most of us were able to take home was about 1500 to 2500 dollars yet they would screen calls and send the sales calls - 2 - 3 people on the sales floor who would just answer sales calls and take orders while the most of us had to deal with angry billing customers and customers calling in because their family member have died and they just want to close the account and we still had to offer to these customers. A lot of these customers would be still moarning and in tears. Managers and other specific departments are always listening to your calls to see if you don't offer to these customers is not about Customer Service it's about lining the pockets of this upper managment at the expense of customers and it's own employees period. On top of all this we sold cell phones, Uverse, home phone service, internet service, and never received any of the services for free so that we could know the product inside and out. All we would receive is a meager discount. Other companies like Comcast give the service to their employees absolutely free. This is the greed that AT&T has. This is their culture. I don't know how anybody can say that they are enjoying themselves working for AT&T. Whenever I see someone today who still works for them they have to agree that yes things are not the same as this company is really not beneficial to employees and the stress level us the highest I've experienced. There is no sense of job security. Customers hated AT&T but often get that confused with disliking the front-end representative it was only there to facilitate their needs to the system but we're forced to show of products down their throats products that would not fit your lifestyle products that we still did not know how to use , etc. This would often result in the customer answering negstively answering a survey and thereby causing you the employee to lose your bonus. The company would tie the customer service survey to the sales Matrix and all this together with the sales calls. Any one of these things could be prevent you from taking home to your family hard earned money that you have accumulated throughout the month. All would be taken from you.

Advice to Management

My advice to you is to stop raping the employees give the employees the services so they can better offer to your customers, give some flexibility to the employees depending on who they have on the phone and what that customer is going through. Customers want to know that the company cares and that the employees of the company cares about them also and not only the money in their pockets. Stop stealing money from employees by creating sales Matrixes that cannot be met save only by those who are in gated calls. The few eho are allowed or selected to make money to keep everybody else reaching for something they cannot obtain. Stop sending calls to India and to these private sales contractors who have no affiliation with AT&T. Bring it back to the employee. Lower you prices. Stop lieing about having the fastest speeds and best services in commercials. Promptly pay to the FCC the one Billion dollar fine for illegally slowing down customer's internet speeds. Give back to the customers you've done this to.

5. "Tickets"

Current Employee - Service Innovation in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Service Innovation in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at AT&T Center part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great environment. All staff were very friendly and managers were amazing.

Cons

Didnt have much a discount. Had to pay everything full price.

6. "I have been her for three years and it is very family orientated."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at AT&T Center part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team work, Costumer service is great

Cons

There is no room for job improvement.

Advice to Management

There should be room for advancement in sales. I have been is the same position for 3 years and keep asking my managers for higher responsibilities; and never have recieved any.

7. "Good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Good side benefits, solid packages

Cons

Not full on people when we need them

"Product improvement needed ...while employee treatment needs more improvement (moral is shot!! Just incase you care)"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

Pros

The pay hourly pay is not bad but being a sales person the bonuses are very embarrassing

Cons

Expectations are very high but the reward does not match it ...not even close

Advice to Management

Communication is key!! Be more sensitive to concerns of SA. We are the back bone and why you have a job!!! Sensitivity is even more important though. Remember Karma is a "B"

"Dispatcher"

Pros

competitive compensation, good benefits and tuition reimbursement, overall good company to work for if you don't have a life, small kids or any other responsibilities outside of work

Cons

company really only cares about the bottom line. wayyyy too much micro-managing, treats employees like children and really doesn't respect employees, processes do not in line with customer service/resolutions

10. "Good company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Pros

Best place to work
    Process oriented

Cons

no onsite opportunities
    getting automated
    Nothing bad I have faced

Advice to Management

Nothing as of now

11. "Good"

Former Employee - Customer Service
    Former Employee - Customer Service

Pros

I was a good experience

Cons

There were no cons regarding this employer

Advice to Management

None