AT&T Reviews in Cincinnati, OH | Glassdoor

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor work life balance if you have a family due to American working hours" (in 1135 reviews)

• "Long hours and absolutely NO WORK LIFE BALANCE" (in 333 reviews)

1. "At&t's a great company to work for with a positive culture and great benefits."

Current Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, tuition assistance, 401k matching, always opportunity to work overtime to make more money, great way to get your foot in the door for management experience.

Cons

There can be long hours, and it really is a sales environment, so if you're not ready to learn how to sell you're not going to like it.

Advice to Management

The only gripe I ever had is that workers are attendance pointed for using their sick hours. Although I never got close to using all of mine, I'd always be nervous to call off those couple of times I had the flu when I knew I should be at home.

"Management needs improvement."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Customers are generally nice when you do your job well. Cell phone/Entertainment discounts. Compensation when you make your sales goals.

Cons

Management doesn't treat employees like people so you end up getting burnt out fast. When you try to discuss your concerns with management, they end up coming up with some shady story to get that person in trouble basically scaring anyone out of wanting to speak up about anything. Very unprofessional. Poor morale throughout the stores when it comes to employees.
    Unrealistic sales goals.

Advice to Management

Help your employees so they can help you!

"Could have been great"

Current Employee - RSC in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - RSC in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good money, met great co workers, fun environment, discounted services, innovative industry.

Cons

Management above a store level is horrific, due to my Area Manager I had over 20 different Store Managers in less than 3 years. They fired my entire Area out of 70 people at the start of my employment only 1 that I can remember was left in either a RSC or Management position. Be wary of being the best in your position with new managers and other store representatives, I was the senior store Rep with all new managers and Reps, they colluded to get me fired. Also believe upper management had tried to fire me for awhile but I was shielded by great Store Managers who saw my worth and value. If you max out your hourly be cautious they will be trying to fire you eventually, even if you are the best in the Area and had been ranked #1 out of 23,000 employees at one point in your career.

4. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Salary, Benefits, Work from home option, Perks, tuition assistance

Cons

Constant downsizing and replacing employees with contractors. Policy not the same for all employees

5. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - AT&T Mobility RSC in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - AT&T Mobility RSC in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, lots of advancement opportunities. Great rewards perks like Summit trips for award winners.

Cons

Really not much. It can take a bit to move up in the company but they normally have a keen eye for talent.

Advice to Management

None really, AT&T has made some great changes in the last year and a half I've been with the company. They know what they're doing.

6. "Client Solutions Executive 2"

Current Employee - Client Soutions Executive II in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Client Soutions Executive II in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive pay, top of the line product portfolio, and good benefits. Solid, foreward-thinking senior leadership.

Cons

Support structures are lacking, systems and processes are a convoluted mess, customers generally view AT&T negatively. Constant organizational restructuring and each new acquisition creates fear of layoffs.

Advice to Management

Customers view AT&T as difficult to do business with and many are frustrated with inability to have issues resolved in a timely manner due to constant changes in the assigned account team, lack of results from calls to customer service, and AT&T processes that take much longer than they should.

"Overall experience"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They definitely train you to sell and you will eventually have great benefits and chance to be promoted.

Cons

They work you a lot only because of the retail hours but your on your feet and you have to learn how to sell or you will be pushed away

Advice to Management

Spend more time on the floor teaching.you will benefit ifbyour store sells

8. "Customer Service Representative"

Current Employee - Call Center in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Call Center in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at AT&T full-time

Pros

Diverse work environment, paid to talk with people, great customers who truly appreciate great service, and significant training. Optional overtime in most cases.

Cons

Micromanagement is the key word, everything is scrutinized down to the second and every interaction is high pressure sales. Customers grow impatient and the job can feel boring and tedious due to horrible commission structure and overly controlled interactions that leave zero control for the representative to adapt to customer needs both in terms of budget and time spent in the store.

Advice to Management

Allow customers to come into retail environments without getting pressed into buying things they don't want.

"Be prepared"

Former Employee - N/A in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - N/A in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Great pay, wonderful co workers, benefits

Cons

loooooooong hours, shady management especially if they are trying to move up, they will screw you and not think twice about it. Don't have approve time off you'll become a target for harassment until you quit, or until they bring any and everything to get you fired.

Advice to Management

My mother always told me that if I didn't have anything nice to say then to not say it at all. Even if its advice.

10. "Retail Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will be always micromanagment, always their always ask for every sale you dont do it. No personal life balance. If you sick or have any personal situation you need to call off you get a point and their dont matter your problem. Their fired employees if you not in the favorites. You need to work with very rude customers and you need to be happy always no matter what!

Cons

The medical plan is very good, you have vacation and training paid and maybe the paycheck, but otherwise i do not recoment this job,

Showing 22 of 19,817 reviews