AT&T Reviews in Cincinnati, OH | Glassdoor

3.2
AT&T CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
Cons
  1. At&t's a great company to work for with a positive culture and great benefits.

Current Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great pay, tuition assistance, 401k matching, always opportunity to work overtime to make more money, great way to get your foot in the door for management experience.

Cons

There can be long hours, and it really is a sales environment, so if you're not ready to learn how to sell you're not going to like it.

Advice to Management

The only gripe I ever had is that workers are attendance pointed for using their sick hours. Although I never got close to using all of mine, I'd always be nervous to call off those couple of times I had the flu when I knew I should be at home.

All good things must come to an end

Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Decent compensation package, nice benefits, Annual raises usually around 3% to 4%. Yearly bonus usually between 7% and 13% (dependent on company performance metrics) Good severance package (50% of your salary as long as you've been an AT&T employee for 13 years, with gradual lesser increments for less time served)

Cons

Don't believe the fake news: You can take all the AT&T University classes you like, but there is no migration path for legacy network personnel to fill all the new jobs in next-generation technologies. (Cloud, Software Defined Networks, etc). Instead, the company is hiring fresh-faced affordable college graduates, and laying off thousands of dedicated technical folks in their mid-50's. " AT&T is gambling...

Advice to Management

Keep mixing the Kool-Aid. With luck, investors and gullible employees will continue drinking it!

3. A rollercoaster, constant changes and more managers then I can count.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Newport, KY

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great hourly and ok commission.

Cons

Incentives and pay structure constantly changing, micro managing on every customer interaction, working every weekend and constantly pushing to sell direct tv that is a dying service. Feel you work 60 hour weeks and get payed for 40. Don’t get me started on the customers.

Advice to Management

Make the job more fulfilling. Not every customer is a DTV Sale. We are a sales store not a problem solving store.

Management needs improvement.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Customers are generally nice when you do your job well. Cell phone/Entertainment discounts. Compensation when you make your sales goals.

Cons

Management doesn't treat employees like people so you end up getting burnt out fast. When you try to discuss your concerns with management, they end up coming up with some shady story to get that person in trouble basically scaring anyone out of wanting to speak up about anything. Very unprofessional. Poor morale throughout the stores when it comes to employees. Unrealistic sales goals.

Advice to Management

Help your employees so they can help you!

Could have been great

Current Employee - RSC in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Good money, met great co workers, fun environment, discounted services, innovative industry.

Cons

Management above a store level is horrific, due to my Area Manager I had over 20 different Store Managers in less than 3 years. They fired my entire Area out of 70 people at the start of my employment only 1 that I can remember was left in either a RSC or Management position. Be wary of being the best in your position with new managers and other store representatives, I was the senior store Rep with all new managers...

6. Good place to work

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Salary, Benefits, Work from home option, Perks, tuition assistance

Cons

Constant downsizing and replacing employees with contractors. Policy not the same for all employees

• Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Harrison, OH

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great oppurtunities to move up and become promoted.

Cons

Sales can be stressful..not for the faint hearted.

Advice to Management

Managment needs to be more relatable to its employees.

• Great company to work for

Current Employee - AT&T Mobility RSC in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great people, lots of advancement opportunities. Great rewards perks like Summit trips for award winners.

Cons

Really not much. It can take a bit to move up in the company but they normally have a keen eye for talent.

Advice to Management

None really, AT&T has made some great changes in the last year and a half I've been with the company. They know what they're doing.

• Client Solutions Executive 2

Current Employee - Client Soutions Executive II in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Competitive pay, top of the line product portfolio, and good benefits. Solid, foreward-thinking senior leadership.

Cons

Support structures are lacking, systems and processes are a convoluted mess, customers generally view AT&T negatively. Constant organizational restructuring and each new acquisition creates fear of layoffs.

Advice to Management

Customers view AT&T as difficult to do business with and many are frustrated with inability to have issues resolved in a timely manner due to constant changes in the assigned account team, lack of results from calls to customer service, and AT&T processes that take much longer than they should.

• Review

Current Employee - Systems Architecture in Florence, KY

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Leading edge technology development company

Cons

Preference for contractors over employees

Found 29 reviews