AT&T Reviews in Colorado Springs, CO | Glassdoor

3.7
AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Pay and benefits are better than I’ve ever dreamed imaginable" (in 895 reviews)

• "There is a proper work life balance" (in 508 reviews)

Cons
  • "work/life balance wasn't all that great" (in 1091 reviews)

• "very long hours; no work-life balance" (in 314 reviews)

"SUPER JOB!"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Union job= great pay and benefits, good work environment plenty of opportunity for advancement .

Cons

Management heavy, dealing with irate customers, most stores are short staffed

Advice to Management

negotiate our contract!

2. "lead sales rep"

Former Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great benefits, lots of hours, hourly pay is good, free phone plan

Cons

crappy hours, commission structure always changes, growth opportunities are hard to find.

Advice to Management

train growth and fight for your reps to succeed.

3. "If you're into the corporate thing this is for you"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is ok, commissions are capped but hourly is decent.
    Good benefits (after 6 months)
    Everyone you work with is awesome
    Union (kinda a pro and a con)

Cons

Capped commissions
    Micromanagement to the extreme
    Getting treated like an elementary school student
    Attendance policy is ridiculous
    Everything and I mean EVERYTHING is documented
    I've never been written up at any job until AT&T and I got written up for the dumbest reasons.
    Cutting out positions and adding work for everyone else
    I felt less secure about my job here than any other company even with the union...

Advice to Management

This needs to go not to store managers, not the dos, this needs to go up the chain to the people that don't know anything about sales or the stores or what opus is. Maybe y'all need to go on undercover boss and see what the heck is actually going on cause it's CLEAR that you have no idea! You don't care about your employees, you're just taking away positions, adding more workload, and pocketing profit for yourselves. If that's harsh I'm not sorry, someone had to say it!!

4. "Great place to work."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great compensations for entry level employees.

Cons

A lot of positions are being cut at this time.

5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great personal and professional growth. Benefits are a major plus. Always changing industry that is fast pace so days go quickly.

Cons

Work Life Balance is very limited. Store manager gets to pick what they want leaving most ASMs to close and work weekends.

Advice to Management

Focus on the team and understanding what upper management wants from your location.

6. "Wonderful experience"

Former Employee - Colorado in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Colorado in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

Competitive pay, annual bonus, annual raises, great benefit package. They even sent me an annual bonus check (pro-rated) after I was no longer employed.

Cons

DoD contract. After several months of being told we were good for the next year, contract was cut and we were let go.

7. "Retail Sales"

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, fun people, supportive management depending on store. Good benefits.

Cons

High expectations, some managers have you play with numbers to look good. A lot of billing and technical questions wasted on customers instead of sales at times. Depends on the store you work for, some managers just hate life and their jobs and take it out on employees.

Advice to Management

Treat all employees the same. Stop picking favorites.

8. "There were good days and bad"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have decent pay and very good benefits. A superstar can do very well in retail sales by following their way of doing things

Cons

The district managers insist that you do it their way or you are out the door. I could not put up with the daily damands that require a salesperson to meet multiple quotas.

Advice to Management

Hire good people, train them, and leave them alone. If you feel that you need to micromanage each salesperson daily, you need to either hire better people or you are at fault

9. "Declining Pay"

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Initially started with good pay/commission

Cons

poor management, unreasonable quotas, declining commission, terrible customers, higher inexperienced college graduates for management

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees

"Greedy Company"

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They tend to have good advancement opportunities. Their transfer program is great. I transferred between 3 stores in 5 years with no issues. Free phones.

Cons

Very bureaucratic upper management (District Manager, Director of Sales, etc.) Terrible commissions. Most newer employees get all giddy after returning from an all expense paid trip out of state for job training. They don't realize how crappy the commissions have become. Since Stephenson has taken over, pay has gotten worse and so have health benefits. In 2007, I went from making over $3,000 in commissions every month plus my regular pay and had $250 deductibles for my health insurance. By 2013 I was lucky if my commission payout was $1,000 and health deductibles had skyrocketed to $750 for an individual. Remember…commissions are taxed at about 40% so that leaves you with near nothing at the end of the month. Little by little they have been cutting compensation while loading your plate with TONS of things you have to sell. You have to lead with a smartphone, offer a tablet, offer a wireless home phone, offer a premium sound device, offer at least $80 in accessories, offer MPP, offer paperless billing, offer auto pay, offer the highest Family Share Data Plan, offer a new line….all to someone who just came in to buy a $0.99 cent iPhone. Then you have to make sure they give you a 9 or 10 on their survey even though their service has been horrible and the Customer Support Call Center just pissed them off on their way to the store. In the surveys they ask a series of questions. They'll ask how they would rate THEIR SALES REP (NRS) then they'll ask if they'd be willing to RECOMMEND AT&T (WTR). You could get 10's across the board for NRS but if you got an 8 or less for WTR…they will give you a counseling even if you had no control over it. They could also get you in the way of daily observations. Management will micromanage the crap out of you. They'll do written observation on you multiple times a day and wait for you to miss something during a customer interaction so they can write you up for "Performance." They punish you by having mandatory meetings as well. At one point we would have up to 3 meetings per week at 7am. So if you had an afternoon shift, tough luck…you'd have to come twice in one day even if you lived an hour away all to hear you manager go over the current quota rankings and do "role plays." They treat you like you have no life outside of work. Everyone who has either left work or quit has said AT&T has been the most stressful job ever.

Advice to Management

Quit micromanaging and pay your RSC's more…they are the bread and butter of AT&T. Have realistic quotas. Don't discipline an RSC for not offering the most expensive tablet to someone who came in asking for a sim card.

Showing 12 of 18,685 reviews